Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: UK vs. WVU?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
i just read on Kentucky Sports Radio that Bob Huggins is suppose to call Coach Calipari about scheduling UK
Tell the Mountaineers to come on.We'll beat them again this year!
I dont think that it would be much of a game really. WVU isnt that great of program, beside we need to beef up our schedule some this year. Ive also read that Coach Calipari wants to play UCLA and the top schools. Im not sure the WVU is on that list.
That would be a fun series
We want to play the best of the best and WVU isn't near that so I don't really wanna play them and weaken our schedule. Does anyone think the big east will be as overrated as they were this year????
I love watching UK play teams from around here. If your going to schedule cupcake teams like Billy G did (Delaware ST, Lamar, Miss Valley ST, etc) Why not play Marshall, WVU (not really cupcake), EKU, WKU, Morehead ST.
KINGJAMES#1 Wrote:We want to play the best of the best and WVU isn't near that so I don't really wanna play them and weaken our schedule. Does anyone think the big east will be as overrated as they were this year????

What are you smoking? The big east was great this year.
sstack Wrote:What are you smoking? The big east was great this year.

3 number 1 seeds and none of them end up in the championship game. So they either were overrated or simply choked in March like always. Confusedhh:
The Beast East was not overrated at all, thats a rediculas statement.
Those of you who don't think WVU is a worthy opponent should have your heads examined.

This is the kind of unbridled arrogance that makes UK fans look really bad.
FBALL Wrote:Those of you who don't think WVU is a worthy opponent should have your heads examined.

This is the kind of unbridled arrogance that makes UK fans look really bad.

Why play WVU when we can play a way more quality team. People that don't know anything about basketball makes UK fans look bad too.
If I remember correctly, one of the only things that made UK a possibility for the NCAA tournament was a QUALITY win against WVU (without their starting PG).

Yeah, the Big East is overrated!? They had three #1 seeds and the SEC had three teams in the tournament. Oh, who beat UK in the NIT? Oh, I think that was a Big East team.

You're right, why play WVU? You can play Delaware St., VMI, San Diego, Lamar, and Miss. Valley St.:please:

Be grateful that you got a new, good coach and quit showing your ignorance.

UK vs. WVU would be a great series.
ImagineThat! Wrote:If I remember correctly, one of the only things that made UK a possibility for the NCAA tournament was a QUALITY win against WVU (without their starting PG).

Yeah, the Big East is overrated!? They had three #1 seeds and the SEC had three teams in the tournament. Oh, who beat UK in the NIT? Oh, I think that was a Big East team.

You're right, why play WVU? You can play Delaware St., VMI, San Diego, Lamar, and Miss. Valley St.:please:

Be grateful that you got a new, good coach and quit showing your ignorance.

UK vs. WVU would be a great series.
:Clap:Thats what im saying.
KINGJAMES#1 Wrote:Why play WVU when we can play a way more quality team. People that don't know anything about basketball makes UK fans look bad too.
ea

Do you know anything about college basketball? WVU is a worthy apponet for any team in the country. I would love to a KY play WV every year.
Wow I would really enjoy a series with WV. DO people expect to play teams like UNC, Duke, and UCLA's every week? No WVU would be a great series for the Cats and could be a quality win come tourny time.
Yeah I live right on the border and follow WVU quiet a bit and they are a nice team and very well coached. They also return some talent and bring in a pretty good recruit, maybe more, I don't know. It would def. be a fun game. WVU occasionaly plays a big name team in Charleston, which is like not very far away from us. A few years ago they played Florida and two years ago they played Oklahoma in Charleston. That would be interesting because quiet a few UK fans would be in attendance.
And I echo the post above if anybody thinks the Big East was weak, they need their head examined because they were very good.
I think it's funny that people are downing WVU and saying they aren't a worthy opponent, when they made the NCAA tourney this year, and won a game, and almost beat Duke in the 2nd round. Last time I checked, that was a heck of a lot better than UK did this year. Of course, with Calipari they will be a 10 times better team, but still WVU is always competitive year in and year out, and it would be a good series every year. You can't play Duke, UNC, UConn, UCLA, and teams like that every game.
I would like to see that series. UK needs to boost their schedule and I think WVU helps the schedule. They may not be the best team out there but WVU is a quality oppenent. They are competitive every year, are a good team out of the Big East (a great conference) and Huggins is a good recruiter and coach and I think this would make for a fun series for the fans. This would be a great late November, early December game. Drop all the cupcakes that have embarrassed us the last couple of years and pick up WVU, a solid opponent.
runninrebs21 Wrote:I think it's funny that people are downing WVU and saying they aren't a worthy opponent, when they made the NCAA tourney this year, and won a game, and almost beat Duke in the 2nd round. Last time I checked, that was a heck of a lot better than UK did this year. Of course, with Calipari they will be a 10 times better team, but still WVU is always competitive year in and year out, and it would be a good series every year. You can't play Duke, UNC, UConn, UCLA, and teams like that every game.
Not saying I disagree with you because I do think WVU is good, bu last year they upset Duke. This year they were upset by Dayton in the first round. They were in Louisville's Region this year not the one with Duke.
Well Im sure this series will happen. Cal and Huggins are pretty tight freinds
that would be good for them, let them play a team like that to build their momentum and then they should be ready for the regular season
Im just woundering what other teams they will play next year.
KINGJAMES#1 Wrote:Why play WVU when we can play a way more quality team. People that don't know anything about basketball makes UK fans look bad too.

WVU is a quality team. You are making my case for me.:zzz:
It would be another border rivalry as well. I have always wanted to schedule WVU in basketball and football. It could be a very good rivalry game every year.
FBALL Wrote:It would be another border rivalry as well. I have always wanted to schedule WVU in basketball and football. It could be a very good rivalry game every year.

It will prolly just be another easy win every year.
TheONLY1 Wrote:It will prolly just be another easy win every year.

UK don't have many easy wins.
How do you guys get this would be a awesome game to have? I've always wanted these two schools to play each other every year. I live on the WV/KY line, and think it would just great. It would be awesome to have UK/WVU play at the Civic Center in Charleston. I"d be there in my blue in white for sure! 1 Hour drive beats a 3 Hour drive. lol
Belfry Wins Wrote:Not saying I disagree with you because I do think WVU is good, bu last year they upset Duke. This year they were upset by Dayton in the first round. They were in Louisville's Region this year not the one with Duke.

lol my bad i don't know what i was thinking of, but you got the point lol
i lived on the ky/wv myself and would pull for wv if they wasnt playing ky and would pull for the local high teams if it wasnt against the pirates...wv beat some very good big east teams this year unlike ky....would be a good series....go cats
Espn's Andy Katz has WVU at No. 9 and UK at No. 12 in his early preseason rankings.
Pages: 1 2