Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Darrin Horn to Xavier?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i just saw on the news that Darrin Horn coach of South Carolina, had supposedly has been contacted by Xavier about the head coaching position but Horn denies report
Yeah, the South Carolina rivals site had it on the front page earlier, but they took it off. I would like to see him stay at SC, but I wouldnt blame him for taking the Xavier job.
gish_7 Wrote:Yeah, the South Carolina rivals site had it on the front page earlier, but they took it off. I would like to see him stay at SC, but I wouldnt blame him for taking the Xavier job.

i think he will go to Xavier if he has to job offered to him
Horn would be an excellent choice for coach at Xavier..IMO, he's one of the top 2 or 3 coaches in the SEC. I like him, and I would like to see him at a school that puts more emphasis on basketball.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Horn would be an excellent choice for coach at Xavier..IMO, he's one of the top 2 or 3 coaches in the SEC. I like him, and I would like to see him at a school that puts more emphasis on basketball.
This is true, but it just seems so weird to me to see a coach go from an SEC school to an A-10 school (Considering I go to one, it would be weird getting a big coach).

I'm not a big fan of the "Mid-Major" title, though and programs like Xavier are the whole reason. If you put the emphasis on it you can make a program! Granted like Coach Cal at Memphis, it is hard to promise recruits that they will be on TV that much.

I hope Xavier gets a strong coach that can continue to keep the program at the top!
Xavier is a good basketball school. They always have good teams and get sometimes a big name player from Cincy at times. This would be a good fit for Darrin but he should stay put.
Horn coaches a very fun style of basketball to watch. He'll press you once you get off of the bus, go ask Kentucky. At Western Kentucky, he built a program, not a team. He also put Courtney Lee in the NBA. Lee is the first player WKU has put in the NBA in a very long time.
He'd make a great coach anywhere. Xavier has had a lot of recent success, which would make the job attractive, but I don't see Horn leaving. If he wanted to stay in a "mid-major" level, he'd have stayed at WKU and continued to turn them into the next Gonzaga, St. Mary's, or Creighton (a mid-major that terrorizes the tournament every year).
Although Xavier has had much better teams than SC in the past this would still be step down for Horn. He should stay where he is and build SC. It will just be a matter of time before a major school comes calling.
I obviously follow Cincinnati sports closely due to where I live. I completed some of my education at X. I would love nothing more than Horn to wind up at X, but it would be a financial hit. At X, the salary will not be commiserate with a SEC salary. There are no television shows, only one Radio show, and in Cincinnati, virtually zero media coverage. The only National media attention comes from the Crosstown shootout. As much as I would like to see Horn here, I don't think it is a wise financial choice. As soon as UC Gert's itself back on the Basketball map, X will be forgotten about by the Cincinnati fans again.
Rob Van Winkle Wrote:Horn coaches a very fun style of basketball to watch. He'll press you once you get off of the bus, go ask Kentucky. At Western Kentucky, he built a program, not a team. He also put Courtney Lee in the NBA. Lee is the first player WKU has put in the NBA in a very long time.
He'd make a great coach anywhere. Xavier has had a lot of recent success, which would make the job attractive, but I don't see Horn leaving. If he wanted to stay in a "mid-major" level, he'd have stayed at WKU and continued to turn them into the next Gonzaga, St. Mary's, or Creighton (a mid-major that terrorizes the tournament every year).

:Thumbs: I think Horn stays and turns SC into a solid program in the SEC.
Rob Van Winkle Wrote:Horn coaches a very fun style of basketball to watch. He'll press you once you get off of the bus, go ask Kentucky. At Western Kentucky, he built a program, not a team. He also put Courtney Lee in the NBA. Lee is the first player WKU has put in the NBA in a very long time.

Good Post.