Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Any new updates???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Any new updates on Wall, Cousins, or Henry??
Wall is supposed to announce on april 18th.
Here is a link to Ky sports radio that has a story about the other recruits.
http://new.kentuckysportsradio.com/
C.Clair Wrote:Wall is supposed to announce on april 18th.

Thanks!!!
C.Clair Wrote:Wall is supposed to announce on april 18th.

Thanks!!!!
Is Wall still visiting on Friday?
From what I have read, Wall said he already has been to two unoffical visits to UK and he said he knew everything he needed to know about UK and the school and such.
Cousins will announce April 20th
C.Clair Wrote:From what I have read, Wall said he already has been to two unoffical visits to UK and he said he knew everything he needed to know about UK and the school and such.

not a good sign considering he has shown limited interest in Kentucky
gish_7 Wrote:Cousins will announce April 20th

It's already been reported that he is coming to UK
Well as everyone knows by now, Cousins has signed with UK. The Henry brother have been sent papers from both UK and KU. Wall is still up in the air. He is not being recruited by UNC but his AAU coach said that there was no way that he would let Wall go there because of Roy Williams. Nolan Dennis has been released from his letter of intent from Memphis. He has UK at the top of his list.
gish_7 Wrote:Cousins will announce April 20th

He has already annouced. Its being reported on ESPN right now.
great news.
Any news on the other two? (Wall and Henry)

As for Nolan Dennis, in my opinion it's only a matter of time before he'll be an official wildcat.
Any news when Xavier Henry will make a decision?
According to Xavier Henry's father, his decision depends on if his brother C.J. (who was a walk-on at Memphis this past season) will be ruled eligible to play next year if he transfers. If C.J. were to be ruled eligible for play next season, then he and his brother Xavier will be going to Kansas or Kentucky. All of this could take up to a couple of weeks according to Henry's father.
John Wall told a Raleigh newspaper today that he was down to 7 schools, and UNC is not one of them!

Kentucky, Duke, NC State, Baylor, Miami, Memphis, and Kansas are the schools that Wall listed
gish_7 Wrote:John Wall told a Raleigh newspaper today that he was down to 7 schools, and UNC is not one of them!

Kentucky, Duke, NC State, Baylor, Miami, Memphis, and Kansas are the schools that Wall listed

I have heard that it was between 3 of those most likely....Duke, Miami, Kansas, and the s,light chance of UK
Wall, Cousins and Henry play together this upcoming weekend I beleive at some camp in Oregon. Cousins said that he would be working on these two to try to come to UK and play ball with him. I would take one or the other but if we could get both that would be awesome.
I think it will come down to UK and Duke for Wall. If his mothers illness plays a big factor, he's likely Duke bound however there style of play is not very fitting for him. He has stated numerous times about how much he would like to play in Cal's offense. He is more than likely a one and done player, and point guards in Cal's system have been pretty successful the past few years.
Here is an article on Cousins talking about Wall and Henry.

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/c...CID=933305
theVILLE Wrote:I have heard that it was between 3 of those most likely....Duke, Miami, Kansas, and the s,light chance of UK

Thats your wishful thinking...:biggrin:
If UK gets Wall, U of L will be playing second fiddle agian.
What do you guys think about this? Memphis is sending an INVOICE to UK for all the recruiting Coach Cal did at Memphis, if the players sign with UK....

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/messages/chrono/14456558
C.Clair Wrote:If UK gets Wall, U of L will be playing second fiddle agian.

Same thing UK fans said when Patterson got there...
Really classy on Memphis's part.
DeuceUL Wrote:Same thing UK fans said when Patterson got there...

I cant argue that point at all. Patterson had the help that he needs.
I read earlier that the reason Orton is considering opening his recruitment up is because him and Xavier Henry dont get along very well. I know they played on the same AAU team, and something must of happened there....So if Xavier goes to KU it's likely that Orton will remain a cat, and Xavier comes to UK then Orton goes to KU....Both guys are great players, I wish they could settle there differences and both become a cat, but its very unlikely....Either way it's a win-lose situation I guess..
gish_7 Wrote:I read earlier that the reason Orton is considering opening his recruitment up is because him and Xavier Henry dont get along very well. I know they played on the same AAU team, and something must of happened there....So if Xavier goes to KU it's likely that Orton will remain a cat, and Xavier comes to UK then Orton goes to KU....Both guys are great players, I wish they could settle there differences and both become a cat, but its very unlikely....Either way it's a win-lose situation I guess..

We won't get xavier and his brother, so hopefully if this is true, Orton will be staying with us for good.
Gish, I can see that. Orton seems like a kid that is easy to get along with. I cant see why he and Henry doesnt get along to well though.