Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Meeks to enter the Draft
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
As reported by Yahoo! sports and Kentucky.com, Jodie Meeks will test the draft without an agent. This leaves open the possibility that he can return to UK next season.

http://www.kentucky.com/232/story/753175.html
I personally think he isnt ready but if he can get a high first round pick I am all for him going.
well if he does make it this could be real bad for Kentucky IF they do not get any of Cals recruits, and to be honest most of the SGs are not interested in Kentucky that are left of the board right now. I am aware John Hood can go at the 2 guard or SF but he is not ready to start in the SEC especially not ready to fill Meek's shoes.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:well if he does make it this could be real bad for Kentucky IF they do not get any of Cals recruits, and to be honest most of the SGs are not interested in Kentucky that are left of the board right now. I am aware John Hood can go at the 2 guard or SF but he is not ready to start in the SEC especially not ready to fill Meek's shoes.

agree. if Meeks' goes then this is gonna be really bad for UK. there will be no one that will step up and take his place nor fill his shoes
This could be bad. Very bad.
Don't forget about Porter guys!
We all know his versatility!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
He'll be back...
100%SUCCESS Wrote:Don't forget about Porter guys!
We all know his versatility!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol....Sarcasm here...but anyway, I said the day that Cal came and had permission to take the roster and get rid of some....he better not get rid of Liggins, Galloway, Porter, exc.... because this could happen and be very bad for the season next year.....But i think that he is ready to go and wish him the best of luck....but if he is ready so is PatPat....
I think that he will be back. I hope anyways.
He's not ready and will be back.
He isn't ready for the NBA but more power to him if he gets drafted high. I don't see that happening though.
He has nothing to lose. He can go test the waters and find out what he needs to work on to be a higher pick next year.
No!!
he needs to work on ball handling before taking the next step.If not he will be balling in the d league for a while.
theVILLE Wrote:Lol....Sarcasm here...but anyway, I said the day that Cal came and had permission to take the roster and get rid of some....he better not get rid of Liggins, Galloway, Porter, exc.... because this could happen and be very bad for the season next year.....But i think that he is ready to go and wish him the best of luck....but if he is ready so is PatPat....

Porter may not be back due to the fact he is graduating in spring, and he is getting married with a baby. I just don't see Porter coming back because he just doesn't fit the system that Coach Cal has.
I agree with the ones that say Meeks will be back. He may even remove his name in the next month or so.
I think he is just testing the waters to see what they rate him this year going into it. I think he will be back for his senior campaign.
Well if he doesnt comeback then Nolan Dennis if he comes which he prlly will could take his spot
A lot of guys a lot worse than Meeks has been drafted in the first round. He is a scorer, and in the NBA, if you can score, they will teach you the rest of the game. If he gets a 1st round spot, he will be gone.

I'm not sure of the draft rule, but I thought if he is drafted, that team owns his rights the next year. If that is the case, why wouldn't he go ahead and take the money now.

Ready or not, he has the opportunity to get paid. Take the money and run.
Lord...this could be good or very bad!
didnt coach cal tell meeks and patterson both if they are lottery picks go, and if not come back and his system would make them better to maybe be one the following year?
Stardust Wrote:A lot of guys a lot worse than Meeks has been drafted in the first round. He is a scorer, and in the NBA, if you can score, they will teach you the rest of the game. If he gets a 1st round spot, he will be gone.

I'm not sure of the draft rule, but I thought if he is drafted, that team owns his rights the next year. If that is the case, why wouldn't he go ahead and take the money now.

Ready or not, he has the opportunity to get paid. Take the money and run.

:Thumbs:
Oh well..He isn't ready..But Calipari won't waste anytime finding 5 more Jodie Meeks!
i think the more big names that decide to come out early will be to our advantage, Griffin, Blair, and whoever comes out from n.c. definetely drops Meeks in the draft order and should bring him back next year, I think he needs one more year anyway, in Cal's system could make him a lottery pick
I don't believe Blair has an impact on PP. Patterson has a better upside do to his athletecism in the NBA than Blair.
I'd say he will be back....
unless some team with a high pick shows interest
I'm think early to middle second round as of right now
I think he'll end up in a UK uniform next year
Nah, he will be back for UK.
I will say this, Meeks is way better than Rondo was at UK, but when Boston got a hold of him, look how much better he turned out. No matter what I think from the shooting guard standpoint we will be fine.
cougarpride08 Wrote:I will say this, Meeks is way better than Rondo was at UK, but when Boston got a hold of him, look how much better he turned out. No matter what I think from the shooting guard standpoint we will be fine.
yeah when Rondo went to Boston he branched out and became a 10 times better ball player. i dont see being the same with Meeks he needs 1 more good year.
Pages: 1 2