Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: state record
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who set the state record in middle school weightlifting?
Kids lift weights in middle school? Lol.
Our Pediatrician has stated that it is okay for kids as young as 6th grade to lift weights, just not lifting for MAX. This workout is encouraged to teach dynamics and form mostly with more weights added each year. So I can say that around the 8th grade should compete for titles, not the 6th graders.... Just my thoughts.
:wieghts: I started in the 5th grade:eyeroll:
Are there middle school weightlifting meets?
Heard some middle school kid in LCC middle done really well.
Usally middle school is to get technique down.
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:Our Pediatrician has stated that it is okay for kids as young as 6th grade to lift weights, just not lifting for MAX. This workout is encouraged to teach dynamics and form mostly with more weights added each year. So I can say that around the 8th grade should compete for titles, not the 6th graders.... Just my thoughts.

I agree with your thoughts.
There will be plenty of time to get that six pack abs.
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:Our Pediatrician has stated that it is okay for kids as young as 6th grade to lift weights, just not lifting for MAX. This workout is encouraged to teach dynamics and form mostly with more weights added each year. So I can say that around the 8th grade should compete for titles, not the 6th graders.... Just my thoughts.

Should be based on age not grade.

15 years old you could start lifting for max, but there is a real danger in 13-16 year old kids squatting and doing any heavy weight that puts strain on the shoulder joint.
NEXT Wrote:Should be based on age not grade.

15 years old you could start lifting for max, but there is a real danger in 13-16 year old kids squatting and doing any heavy weight that puts strain on the shoulder joint.

What should middle schoolers beable to do (weight wise) I know not that much but whats your opinions?
devilhorns05 Wrote:What should middle schoolers beable to do (weight wise) I know not that much but whats your opinions?

You should never worry about how much at that age, you should worry about technique and doing proper lifts.

I have this article saved from school, http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0...n18614072/ while it is 7 years old the information is still spot on.