Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Courtney Paris to pay back Scholarship
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Oklahoma Unviversity center Courtney Paris promised the fan base and university that if the team did not win the NCAA Championship this season that she would pay back her scholarship. The sum of the money is over 64 thousand dollars in which she will be paying out of pocket after their loss to Louisville. After the game she was asked if she would honor that commitment and she stated "Yes, of course but not right now I do not have 64 thousand dollars".

Thoughts and comments?
I don't think she was being literal when she said it.
I mean seriously, that much money to be payed back that she earned?
That's insane.
donathanhurley Wrote:I don't think she was being literal when she said it.
I mean seriously, that much money to be payed back that she earned?
That's insane.

actually she has been asked this several times over the past few weeks and has confirmed that she would honor that commitment that she made publicly known.
Good... Shouldn't have opened her mouth. Perfect example of Mama's saying "Don't let your mouth write a check your 'butt' can't cash."

GO CARDS!!!
http://www.soonersports.com/sports/w-bas...09aaa.html

here is a link to the Webzine that was written after the comments by Paris. Pretty sure her family has the money to pay it back her father did play for the 49ers. Not to mention it is basically a def. that she will be playing in the WNBA.
She and her family wont have a problume paying it back. Kinda funny though.
Time will tell if she pays up!!
I sure hope she doesn't and I hope the idiots in the media don't make a big deal out of this
Stardust Wrote:I sure hope she doesn't and I hope the idiots in the media don't make a big deal out of this

Exactly what I was thinking. I don't see the University letting her do that, especially after the career she's had. I'm sure that's how this will all play out with the media.
blackcat Wrote:Exactly what I was thinking. I don't see the University letting her do that, especially after the career she's had. I'm sure that's how this will all play out with the media.

I agree.
I'd say the university won't take the money from her. But i understand she is very confident and emotional about the game, but to say you will pay back that kind of money if you don't win the national championship is stupid. Most of the time, the best team doesn't win the championships in college anyways.
Im kinda torn, one part of me wants her to pay it back for opening her mouth and saying this, but then another part of me doesnt care if she does.
the money she will be making in the wnba will more than pay for the tuition.