Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 7 on 7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just out of curiosity, how many middle schools are participating in 7 on 7 games?
I thought I heard about Allen having something like that in May.
I know Johnson County will be playing.
I think Russell will try to attend some. I have spoken to the current AD and have yet to get the final approval. But we are hoping to be there.
There are parts of 7 on 7 that are good but many times it is junk. I do not know many MS teams that run 4 and 5 wide as a base offense. I also do not see 5 under 2 deep in many MS games. That is what you see though in 7 on 7. Most MS teams do not even play cover 2. If everyone plays their base offense and defense then it is great but that rarely happens.
We ran a cover 2 and would shift to 3 in 6th grade last year. We also ran the wing-T but had almost 1,000 yards passing from the spread. I felt that as a coach we should learn all the aspects of the game and it paid off. I agree not all MS teams can run this offense but it should be taught because then the defense in practice can learn to cover it.
I believe GC 7th and 8th grade are planing having and going to 7 on 7 camps.
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:We ran a cover 2 and would shift to 3 in 6th grade last year. We also ran the wing-T but had almost 1,000 yards passing from the spread. I felt that as a coach we should learn all the aspects of the game and it paid off. I agree not all MS teams can run this offense but it should be taught because then the defense in practice can learn to cover it.

In part that is my point. How many MS run Cov 2 or rotate between coverages? In 7 on 7 you see 5 under 2 deep, Cov 4, Cov 3 robber and the list goes on of just stuff many teams will never face. I can count on 1 hand how many snaps over the past 5 years that I saw Cov 2. you have guys taking mile drops and fast drops because there is no threat of the run.

They have there place when the teams are there to work on what they truly do.
Is Lcc middle going to have 7 on 7?
Bench350 Wrote:I believe GC 7th and 8th grade are planing having and going to 7 on 7 camps.

Would you guys be willing to share a bus with Russell to go down and play in June ????
Just a thought. I am looking at 20 kids on a bus and wasted space, I know that Raceland has shared a bus before to help out.

Just wondering..
The Kentucky Middle School Football Association has worked hard to provide the ability for middle school football programs to participate in 7 on 7 passing events. Last year UK held the 1st Middle School 7 on 7 passing tournament. This year, there are several additions, including Union College, Murray State, and Western Kentucky University. Western Kentucky will also be hosting a middle school team camp following the 7 on 7 tournament. For complete listings, you can visit the KYMSFA website at http://www.kymiddleschoolfootball.com
Who will be playing during the 7 on 7 at Allen?
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:Would you guys be willing to share a bus with Russell to go down and play in June ????
Just a thought. I am looking at 20 kids on a bus and wasted space, I know that Raceland has shared a bus before to help out.

Just wondering..

I'm not for sure. I would have to get back to you on that.
The Spectator Wrote:Who will be playing during the 7 on 7 at Allen?

Allen, Adams, Betsy Layne and Magoffin County
Do you know what day the games will be played in May?
boys, cant play in may got to be in june
I think its may 30th
betsylaynealum Wrote:boys, cant play in may got to be in june

middle school can
Coach, I thought floyd county governs by the khsaa bylaws. If so, then they cant go school vs school until june. Also, there is an insurance thing about the school's athletic field not being cleared to have school vs school. Need to find out and let us know.
County AD gave us the ok for May 7 on 7
Betsy Layne is scheduled to take part in May 30th 7 on 7 at Allen
canoeman06 Wrote:County AD gave us the ok for May 7 on 7
Betsy Layne is scheduled to take part in May 30th 7 on 7 at Allen

Can a team still get in at Allen?
awesome, can wait to watch, I will be there.
me too
doubt if you see belfry at one
Who do you think will do the best out of those 4 teams playing at allen? IMO Betsy Layne will do the best.
barrel Wrote:There are parts of 7 on 7 that are good but many times it is junk. I do not know many MS teams that run 4 and 5 wide as a base offense. I also do not see 5 under 2 deep in many MS games. That is what you see though in 7 on 7. Most MS teams do not even play cover 2. If everyone plays their base offense and defense then it is great but that rarely happens.

I know Gallatin Co. runs 3 and 4 wide over 50% of the time and Lone Oak runs the Tony Franklin spread. MS football is not close to what is was when I played. There are still teams that line up in power set and pound between the tackles but there are also alot of coaches putting in the extra time to develope their players. We run cover 2 cover 3 and tampa 2 and straight man coverage. We do find that 7on7 help us greatly. If your team does none of this then that is fine but please do not try and bring the people who do down.
Gallatin county played a 7 on 7 in Lexington last year and we are going to play more this year,but not sure yet where were playing.
olballcoach Wrote:I know Gallatin Co. runs 3 and 4 wide over 50% of the time and Lone Oak runs the Tony Franklin spread. MS football is not close to what is was when I played. There are still teams that line up in power set and pound between the tackles but there are also alot of coaches putting in the extra time to develope their players. We run cover 2 cover 3 and tampa 2 and straight man coverage. We do find that 7on7 help us greatly. If your team does none of this then that is fine but please do not try and bring the people who do down.

Coached against LCA this past year and we use to play Gallatin Co until this past year. We have played a number of teams that do spreadout at least in the beginning. We spread it out some. I said there are not many teams. I did not say there were none. We do 7 on 7 with our HS. I said they have there place where teams work on what they truely do. What Spencer Co is offering is an example of 7 on 7 done the right way. Tournaments can get just silly with the type of stuff teams do. What I am talking about is not restricted o MS teams. If you watch HS 7 on 7 tournies you see just some silly stuff.

I am not trying to bring anyone down. Its good to see teams do it now. It just helps everyone involved when done in a manner in which services both teams and gives realistic looks.
How many teams are going to the WKU MS 7on7 and team camp in July?
Anyone going to the WKU 7on7 and team camp in July
Pages: 1 2