Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Vinny Zollo to stay at UK
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
just saw on the news that Clark County's Vinny Zollo is still coming to UK in 2011. according to the new Zollo has already talked to Coach Calipari about it
I have not found anything in writing, anyone see anything about this?
i just saw on the 10:00 clock news (WTVQ36 10 &11) that he was staying, according to the news he talked to coach calipari last night
I don't really know a lot about this kid?
i think he is from either Ohio or Indiana. what gets me is that when he transferred down here he didnt have to sit out or be on the inactive list, Estill County gets a transfer from Powell County and he has to sit out half of the season. i dont get that what so ever. to me it wasnt fair
He came from Ohio, and I bet there is a difference in the rules for transferring from out of state to Kentucky, or from moving inside the state of Kentucky. IDK, does anyone know the rule on this?
Memorial Gym #5 Wrote:He came from Ohio, and I bet there is a difference in the rules for transferring from out of state to Kentucky, or from moving inside the state of Kentucky. IDK, does anyone know the rule on this?

I think as long as you have a physical change of address you should be eligible. I think thats the way it is right now not for sure. When I played I moved from out of state and I was eligible.
Memorial Gym #5 Wrote:He came from Ohio, and I bet there is a difference in the rules for transferring from out of state to Kentucky, or from moving inside the state of Kentucky. IDK, does anyone know the rule on this?

Yes, there are many rulings on eligibility, including out of state. Go to KHSAA.org, and you can search for it and get all the different rules.
When you move to another state for instance, I moved from Ohio back to Ky, coach had to call my other coach and ask for some sort of release. After that release or whatever it was I was cleared to play. But back to Zollo, I watched him play on youtube in the videos where it was an open gym and he hung with the players pretty well. Its still up in the air if this kid and UK are right for each other.