Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bruce Pearl
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
just saw on PTI that Memphis has offered Pearl a 7 year $21 million dollar contract
Yeah, Memphis offered him, but I do not expect Pearl to accept at all. His ego is what will keep him in the SEC, especially since Calipari joined.

He may keep the rumors flying around so he can work some more $$$ out of Tennessee though.
Yeah, I think this would be a bad move for Pearl. Coach Cal has Memphis spoiled, kind of like Pitino had us. For the next 10-15 years the fans of Memphis will be expecting the same results that they got from Cal, and thats not going to happen. Like the guys said on PTI....Pearl should consider Arizona over Memphis.
gish_7 Wrote:Yeah, I think this would be a bad move for Pearl. Coach Cal has Memphis spoiled, kind of like Pitino had us. For the next 10-15 years the fans of Memphis will be expecting the same results that they got from Cal, and thats not going to happen. Like the guys said on PTI....Pearl should consider Arizona over Memphis.

Well since the Arizona job has reportedly been filled by Tim Floyd of USC, the USC job may be something Pearl considers.
I think ESPN is now reporting Floyd is staying at USC.
I don't see him leaving Tennessee.
3 mill a year? for Pearl? Thats 3rd highest in NCAA basketball isnt it and i dont see Pearl as that great of a coach. Yes he is good, but that good? I dk
Pearl won't leave Tennessee. He relishes the challenge of being at a football school and trying to get basketball to an elite level. He loves the University of Tennessee. I could see Bruce being there for many years to come.

I like the man, myself. He is a funny guy, a great coach, and his recruiting has gotten better every year that he is been at Tennessee. Also, like BCA touched on, Calipari coming to Kentucky is exactly what Pearl wanted. It's just another challenge that he will have the pleasure in rising up to.

I'll repeat, Bruce Pearl isn't going anywhere.
A little like Pitino goin to the Ville after UK...exept that he had a little pitstop in Boston first.
I hope he stays to, I like seeing him in that bright orange jacket. =)
A Cameron Crazy Wrote:I hope he stays to, I like seeing him in that bright orange jacket. =)

:thumpsup:
He ain't leaving Tennessee.
OLDHOSS Wrote:I don't see him leaving Tennessee.

I agree, I don't see Pearl leaving Tennessee.
I dont think that he will accept the job.
Marc Maggards facebook status says..."Just talked to Bruce Pearl, he signed a new deal with Tennessee". Man this Memphis job is gettin a lot of coaches paid lol
gish_7 Wrote:Marc Maggards facebook status says..."Just talked to Bruce Pearl, he signed a new deal with Tennessee". Man this Memphis job is gettin a lot of coaches paid lol

Expected this to happen.

Pearl signed a new 6-year deal with the Vols.
A Cameron Crazy Wrote:I hope he stays to, I like seeing him in that bright orange jacket. =)
The jacket looks better than the orange body paint he wears to some of the Lady Vols games Ha Ha.:lmao:
I see him staying as well.