Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: New UK Offense
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This new offense that Coach Cal is referring to the "Dribble Drive"? I was just wondering what kind of offense is this?
As Coach Calipari referred to it, "It's a European style offense, a Princeton offense on steroids. It makes the players feel unleashed and more confident about making basketball plays. No one man is used as a 'screener'. It's not for everybody."
In this system players will need to have the ability to beat defenders off the dribble and be able to create their own shot.

Here is a video explaining the offense...

http://memphis.fandome.com/video/90614/C...s-Offense/
thats a heck of an offense
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/wr...mphis0218/

Here's a link to an article SI did last February on DDM.
It's all based on athleticism and players having the ability to create off the dribble & run-n-gun. It requires athleticism, talent, and skills that some current players don't have that are on the roster now.
Well the only thing I didnt like is when he said if your a post up player dont come because that not what we do... So how will P.P fit in this offense if he stays.
Batpuff Wrote:Well the only thing I didnt like is when he said if your a post up player dont come because that not what we do... So how will P.P fit in this offense if he stays.

I was also wondering this.
Batpuff Wrote:Well the only thing I didnt like is when he said if your a post up player dont come because that not what we do... So how will P.P fit in this offense if he stays.

How many times this season did he back down his man and score? Weren't most of his points off of offensive rebounds and assists?
I can't wait to see this offense at Kentucky next year.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:How many times this season did he back down his man and score? Weren't most of his points off of offensive rebounds and assists?

Ummm he may have got a lot but most of his were High lows and him posting up... thats his game its not trying to take someone off the dribble.
MisterPerfect Wrote:I can't wait to see this offense at Kentucky next year.

Me either.
John Wall would be dominate is this offense!
PPat runs this style of play very well. Its very similar to what he did with Mayo and Early when he played at Huntington High. Run and gun was the name of the game. Lots of lob passes and high flying dunks!
Batpuff Wrote:Ummm he may have got a lot but most of his were High lows and him posting up... thats his game its not trying to take someone off the dribble.

Se below...

DevilsWin Wrote:PPat runs this style of play very well. Its very similar to what he did with Mayo and Early when he played at Huntington High. Run and gun was the name of the game. Lots of lob passes and high flying dunks!

This is an excellent example of the system Patterson will be in. Patterson is extremely athletic and will improve on his ball-handling this off-season. He will have a lot of shots created for him from driving players that will dish it off to him for easy dunks.

Patterson will look a lot like Joey Dorsey of Memphis did next season. While Patterson isn't as big as Dorsey in build, Patterson is more athletic and has the ability to create his own shot.

Patterson will look like an NBA player in this system.
this is good enough reason why they needed to stay one more year. This style of offense will make all players better.