Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Report: Floyd to take Arizona job
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Tim Floyd will be named basketball coach at Arizona, Mark Asher of Sports 620 KTAR, ESPN's radio affiliate in Phoenix, is reporting according to multiple sources.
Floyd is meeting tonight with Arizona athletic director Jim Livengood to work out the final details of the deal and an announcement is expected Thursday, according to sources.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=4035206
I seen this earlier. Sorta suprising to me, didnt except someone like Floyd to get this job.
I think Floyd is a decent hire. He can recruit very well, but his X's and O's are just above average for college coaches IMO.
Floyd will do wonders at Arizona. He is a very good recruiter and is now at a basketball school.

Tim should have Arizona back to top with all the other elite programs very soon.
Good Hire for Arizona...he's a good recruiter, I mean he's no John Calipari, lol. With him signing with Arizona, Memphis can go ahead and scratch him off there list of possible coaches to replace the irreplaceable Coach Cal.
I think this is a good hire.
Good recruiter but seems like he don't win as much as he should with what he's had imo.
Floyd is a Good recruiter but a Bad coach. The opposite of Tubby
With this being said does Jamie Dixon take the job at USC? and will Sean Miller take the pitt job then? I sure hope not I like Miller at Xavier, but its understandable to go to a team to coach that you played for in college.
Floyd has turn down the job at Arizona and will remain at USC.
Good pick-up for Arizona.