Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Anyone see Landon Slone during the Presser?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Looks like he got the boot already, jeesh, he could have at least put a smile on for a minute.
I did not see him at the press conference... He will not be the only one to get the boot from what I heard coming out of Coach Calapari's mouth.... If you can't play, then I cannot hide you.... That's a lot of current UK Players.
I know a few of Landon's closest relatives and Landon said he's staying at UK.

BTW, both of you realize that Landon is not on scholarship don't you? I don't think Landon has anything to worry about, being a walk-on and all.

I got a bad feeling for about 2 or 3 players though.
#10 Landon Slone, Fr.

On Coach Calipari’s meeting with the players…

“He was just talking about how excited he is for the job. He’s a pretty straightforward guy. Like he said, he is going to get to know all of us and meet with us individually. He just said that this was a dream of his. He was really honest with us. It was a really good meeting.”

On what he did for the program at Memphis…

“His record speaks for itself. It’s amazing what he has done there. (Memphis) has been in contention every year. It’s exciting. I can’t wait to start getting to know him.”

On the team’s feelings about the hire…

“Everyone is excited. We just can’t wait to see what it’s going to be like. We’ve been waiting around, so we’re just excited and want to get started as soon as possible. We want to see what his system is like and get to know it. It’s going to be fun.”
I know Landon's not on scholly and I really hope that he's able to stay a Wildcat, it's good to see kids from Eastern Kentucky being on the team because it means so much to them. However, there are other's that are on scholly need to worry and worry a lot, especially if those recruits are wanting to come to the Big Blue Nation.....
BlackcatAlum Wrote:#10 Landon Slone, Fr.

On Coach Calipari’s meeting with the players…

“He was just talking about how excited he is for the job. He’s a pretty straightforward guy. Like he said, he is going to get to know all of us and meet with us individually. He just said that this was a dream of his. He was really honest with us. It was a really good meeting.”

On what he did for the program at Memphis…

“His record speaks for itself. It’s amazing what he has done there. (Memphis) has been in contention every year. It’s exciting. I can’t wait to start getting to know him.”

On the team’s feelings about the hire…

“Everyone is excited. We just can’t wait to see what it’s going to be like. We’ve been waiting around, so we’re just excited and want to get started as soon as possible. We want to see what his system is like and get to know it. It’s going to be fun.”

In now way was I trying to say I think Landon should be gone, his heart cannot be matched by anyone on the team, he wants to be on that team more than anyone. I was just saying his look during the press conference looked like he was leaving. They went to one reporter 2 times and Landon was right behind him.
Landon Slone will be at UK next year like BCA said.

Who knows about Stewart, Liggins, and Donald Williams? I say these 3 will not be on the roster for the 2009-2010 season.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Landon Slone will be at UK next year like BCA said.

Who knows about Stewart, Liggins, and Donald Williams? I say these 3 will not be on the roster for the 2009-2010 season.

Well i think that Liggins will still be there
UkFan23 Wrote:Well i think that Liggins will still be there

If he gets an unlikely attitude adjustment.
I think Porter should be worried.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:If he gets an unlikely attitude adjustment.

I bet Liggins doesn't refuse to play the second half again, if he's there.
Slone should head up the road a few miles and play for GTown.
zulu Wrote:Slone should head up the road a few miles and play for GTown.

Whys that?

Landon's dream was to wear a UK uniform and he is currently living that dream and getting a fine education.
zulu Wrote:Slone should head up the road a few miles and play for GTown.
I have heard he will.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Whys that?

Landon's dream was to wear a UK uniform and he is currently living that dream and getting a fine education.

That's exactly right. Education is the most important thing.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Whys that?

I'm all for the dream thing, but with the caliper of player Calipari will bring in he won't even be able to be a decent practice player. He can play the game he loves and still get a good education. UK is not the only place one can get a good education and I believe Landon enjoys playing basbetball competitively.:rockon:
He's not on the team on a scholarship anyway. I don't see him going anywhere. To me, getting some playing time for UK would feel so much better than getting more playing time at a school of a low caliber. Calipari could really polish Landon and see big things from him. I personally think that he would make a better player than Porter. I really hope that he doesn't go anywhere. I love seeing him on the team and I know that he is enjoying his experience there as well as getting a top grade education.
I'm not sold on Liggins anyway, I can't believe I was worried before the season whether he was going to be academically eligible. I like Kevin Galloway over him better anyways and thats whether I was to choose between the two. I think Harrellson has alot to offer UK. Stevenson can't remember to dribble the ball or whether or not he has picked up his dribble and if he can take another basketball move or not. Coach Cal can't hide him either. I think Michael Porter is going to get to graduate and his wife is about to have there first child so it appears he's ready to move on.
zulu Wrote:I'm all for the dream thing, but with the caliper of player Calipari will bring in he won't even be able to be a decent practice player. He can play the game he loves and still get a good education. UK is not the only place one can get a good education and I believe Landon enjoys playing basbetball competitively.:rockon:

Put yourself in Landon's shoes for a second.

You've started a family and your little boy comes up to you and asks you where you played college ball at, what would you rather say, Kentucky or Georgetown College?

Again, I've spoken to a close relative of Landon's and he will be at UK next year.
He got to wear the uniform for one year that is good enough,That is more than most of us will ever get to do. It's a new era of UK basketball and He doesn't fit in. I'm sorry but it's time to trim the fat and unfortunetly Sloan is part of the fat. Even though he is not on scholarship Calipari will even get a better calibur walk on than Sloan. Not trying to be a jerk just realistic. The days of Tubby type players are in the past.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Put yourself in Landon's shoes for a second.

You've started a family and your little boy comes up to you and asks you where you played college ball at, what would you rather say, Kentucky or Georgetown College?

Again, I've spoken to a close relative of Landon's and he will be at UK next year.

... I would totally love to tell that to my kid if I ever get 1 lol
Panther Thunder Wrote:I have heard he will.

i beleive that will be the best decision but i beleive theres a chance that Dakota Euton may end up at a place like Georgetown or Morehead State. Possibly Vinny Zollo if he doesnt improve a ton. IMO
Yeah I don't think Euton ends up at UK. JMO
Side Note: Landon was just featured speaking, on ESPN Sports Center!!!!!!! Doesn't seem to be going anywhere!
Euton will quickly see the writing on the wall.

Obviously you would rather play for UK but I think Landon better look at where he can play at rather than where he wants to wear a jersey at. If Landon were my kid I would send him where he should've went in the first place, Georgetown.

But what if he went on to become an NAIA All-American? I'd much rather be an All-American at the NAIA level than a walk on bench spot at Kentucky.

Sure the "good ol Kentucky boy" thing was a good story at first, but the team now has Darius Miller and John Hood, two home breed Kentucky boys who can flat out play the game of basketball. Sure, East KY loves seeing Landon on the team, but outside East KY, he's a backseat to the other two KY boys.

I honestly think Landon could be something good at Georgetown, I mean come on, he played in games for UK, we all know he can play, but I don't think he should go there and be a practice guy for 3 more years when he could be on the court with the ball in his hands at game time. I think there would be many more stories for his kids someday if he plays at Georgetown. "Yeah son, I hit the game winner to beat Campbellsville in overtime."
TheCandyManIsBack Wrote:But what if he went on to become an NAIA All-American? I'd much rather be an All-American at the NAIA level than a walk on bench spot at Kentucky.

Sure the "good ol Kentucky boy" thing was a good story at first, but the team now has Darius Miller and John Hood, two home breed Kentucky boys who can flat out play the game of basketball. Sure, East KY loves seeing Landon on the team, but outside East KY, he's a backseat to the other two KY boys.

I honestly think Landon could be something good at Georgetown, I mean come on, he played in games for UK, we all know he can play, but I don't think he should go there and be a practice guy for 3 more years when he could be on the court with the ball in his hands at game time. I think there would be many more stories for his kids someday if he plays at Georgetown. "Yeah son, I hit the game winner to beat Campbellsville in overtime."

Excellent post!!!!!!
kybaseball Wrote:He got to wear the uniform for one year that is good enough,That is more than most of us will ever get to do. It's a new era of UK basketball and He doesn't fit in. I'm sorry but it's time to trim the fat and unfortunetly Sloan is part of the fat. Even though he is not on scholarship Calipari will even get a better calibur walk on than Sloan. Not trying to be a jerk just realistic. The days of Tubby type players are in the past.

Again, Landon is a walk-on! Not a scholarship player, so it's very doubtful that Calipari would make any walk-ons leave the team.

Wildcat Blue Wrote:Obviously you would rather play for UK but I think Landon better look at where he can play at rather than where he wants to wear a jersey at. If Landon were my kid I would send him where he should've went in the first place, Georgetown.

TheCandyManIsBack Wrote:But what if he went on to become an NAIA All-American? I'd much rather be an All-American at the NAIA level than a walk on bench spot at Kentucky.

Well obviously you two would rather play at the NAIA level (not a thing wrong with that, just saying) than be a practice player at Kentucky and that's fine. But Landon will be staying at Kentucky, unless he is told to leave the team by coach Calipari, which is doubtful since Landon is a walk-on.
Quote:Again, Landon is a walk-on! Not a scholarship player, so it's very doubtful that Calipari would make any walk-ons leave the team.

I think I caught that the first time I heard it. Rolleyes Just because he is a walk on doesn't mean he won't be shown the door. Saying otherwise is wishfull thinking and nieve.
Pages: 1 2