Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Recruits & Players
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Now since Calipari is the New UK head coach, the question is will the 3 current players (Robert Sallie, Witherspoon, & idk the other one), and the recurits Xavier Henry, Demarcus Cousins and John Wall do they follow Calipari and come to UK as well?
Henry will go to Kansas, Cousins and Wall might be able to come but where are we going to have room for them? We only have one scholarship and we have three recruits coming in. Who gonna get cut?
idk. i know Carter is a senior this year and thats one scholarship. is Landing Sloan transferring like he said he was going to? we will just have to wait and see what happens. i know i sure hope they come
Slone is a walkon.
i know but is he still transferring? Liggins is talking about transferring!
I also heard that Michael Porter is leaving bc of him and his wife having a baby
UkFan23 Wrote:I also heard that Michael Porter is leaving bc of him and his wife having a baby

Best news I've heard all day, and I've heard a lot of good news about UK basketball today.
Porter leaving would be great, I think that Liggins leaving would be a huge mistake on his part. Coach C plays the style of ball that suits him like a glove. I just hope that we can get some good talent in here. Tucker the JUCO PC from texas has already decommited.
hellbilly Wrote:Best news I've heard all day, and I've heard a lot of good news about UK basketball today.

Yea i hope that is true so we can get that other Scholarship
yeah i think he will have to cut about ummm 4 or 5 people if all of the recruits want to come with him but there will be one thing that i think that they will be a good team i say they will be about top 15 team i say
Getting Wall is crucial. J.C. must have a quality point guard.
It wouldnt hurt my feelings one bit if Liggins leaves with Porter. We dont need Tucker anyway.
Liggins may do well under Calipari, but if he goes he goes, I'm sure Cal will fill the spot w/ no problems.
all i want calapari to bring in is a better pg. cousins and henry will b a great addition to the team though if they decide to come. i think cousins might but i dont see henry coming.
C.Clair Wrote:Porter leaving would be great, I think that Liggins leaving would be a huge mistake on his part. Coach C plays the style of ball that suits him like a glove. I just hope that we can get some good talent in here. Tucker the JUCO PC from texas has already decommited.

I agree.
Strikeout King Wrote:idk. i know Carter is a senior this year and thats one scholarship. is Landing Sloan transferring like he said he was going to? we will just have to wait and see what happens. i know i sure hope they come
The rumor is Slone will transfer to either Pikeville, Georgetown, and I also heard St. Catherine.
Wildcat Blue Wrote:The rumor is Slone will transfer to either Pikeville, Georgetown, and I also heard St. Catherine.

I was hoping Slone would stay at UK, but I wish him the best no matter where he ends up playing!! :Thumbs:
Wildcat Blue Wrote:The rumor is Slone will transfer to either Pikeville, Georgetown, and I also heard St. Catherine.

Didn't know this.
:Cheerlead
UkFan23 Wrote:I also heard that Michael Porter is leaving bc of him and his wife having a baby

:Cheerlead GOOD RIDDENS, PORTER!!!!!!!!!!!!! U AIN'T GOT WHAT IT TAKES TO BE A CAT..............
Any word on who he may bring from Memphis if anyone?
Roburt Sallie and Wesley Witherspoon and idk the 3rd player
Where are we going to find the scholarships for all of these players? Just keep Meeks, Miller, Patterson and let everyone else go?
C.Clair Wrote:Where are we going to find the scholarships for all of these players? Just keep Meeks, Miller, Patterson and let everyone else go?

Everybody seems to be ignoring the fact that UK doesn't have the five potential scholarships for these players Cal is supposed to be bringing...
Michael Porter is the only player I can actually see calling it quits, because he graduates from UK this summer and has a baby on the way.
Yeah I know thats what I am saying. How can we work this to be able to get all the players that JC is bringing? Redshirt some?
idk. Jon Hood and Daniel Orton are gonna sit down and re think this through so they might not be coming. we would have some scholarships if Gillispie hadnt been getting 8th graders instead of high school players
Porter isnt a lose anyway.
Hood and Orton are both still coming. Say it on the news.
according to the Lex18 News they said that they are gonna have to sit down and talk with Coach Calipari, thats all i know right now
Well its like this i guess, Orton for Cousins, Hood for Wall. Im not sure on this trade off, if Orton and Cousins both came in, with Patterson and Meets already, we could be contending this year.
Pages: 1 2 3 4