Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: This just in!!!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Cal and UK !!!

http://www.wlextv.com/global/story.asp?s=10096463

Said it is a done deal....
Does anyone else think that if that Big center comes with Calipari that Orton might back out? I just think he might think that he might see less playing time at UK if that other kid follows Calipari.
Good...about time.
ESPN still hasn't said thats its a done deal.

If Cousins was to come and Orton think of our size.... Patterson Pilgrim Orton and Cousins. That would be tough.
Wow!! Dreams do come true!!
I hope they sign. JC would be my favorite pick they could get.
Sweet.
Amun-Ra Wrote:ESPN still hasn't said thats its a done deal.

If Cousins was to come and Orton think of our size.... Patterson Pilgrim Orton and Cousins. That would be tough.

I don't see Pilgrim getting much PT if this all falls through, especially if Orton decides to stay.
Is Meeks staying? If he does that will make for one good basketball team.

Wow, wouldnt that be awesome!
MVP2 Wrote:Wow, wouldnt that be awesome!

It would be pretty darn tough

ESPN isn't always the quickest to report everything. Then again, I'm not saying this is a "done deal." (Just hoping that it is)
Open arms. I am just glad they didnt let the suspense build. I knew when they hastily oustered Gillespie that they had a bigger fish on the line. we are not only getting a coach but a whole recruiting class.

That would be a great thing for UK.
Let me ask this, and anyone feel free to answer it, where are all the scholarships going to come from if the four players that have said they would come with him do come in to UK? Unless he comes in and cleans house and don't renew a bunch of players scholy's there won't be room for many.
Since scholy's are renewed at the beginning of a new year he could possibly get rid of some of the players that are currently have scholy's and give them to the incoming group he brings with him. I can't remember any coach at UK doing this but it can be done.
kyrifle Wrote:Let me ask this, and anyone feel free to answer it, where are all the scollarships going to come from if the four players that have said they would come with him do come in to UK? Unless he comes in and cleans house and don't renew a bunch of players scolly's there won't be room for many.
Since scolly's are renewed at the beginning of a new year he could possibly get rid of some of the players that are currently have scolly's and give them to the incoming group he brings with him. I can't remember any coach at UK doing this but it can be done.
He could start with jerking one in particular, as far as I'm concerned.
TheRealVille Wrote:He could start with jerking one in particular, as far as I'm concerned.

I think I am reading your mind!!!:Thumbs:
Quote:Reports out of Memphis now say John Calipari has made his decision and will become the new head coach of the University of Kentucky. WREG-TV, our sister station in Memphis, is reporting a source very close to the situation says Calipari is leaving for Kentucky. http://www.wkyt.com/home/headlines/42119847.html
Maybe we are getting closer.
Just got a text form Mitch. He said that JC turned down the UK job. He has offered me the job for just a little less than what he offered it to JC......So I guess that I will quit my job in the coalmines and make the move to LEX.. Thank you very much for your support.