Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: #1 Connecticut vs. #2 Michigan State - FINAL 4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who wins and why?
Michigan St. I think Suton will be able to handle Thabeet.
Going to be a great game, but I hope UConn comes out with the win.
Im going to pick UConn. They have just played great ball and that is why I think they can get the job done. Should be a close one though.
I like how Jim Calhoun coached this team over the weekend. The distractions from last week should have killed this team. They way they handled themselves, I think they continue the inside game dominance that they have dislayed over the last two weeks.
UCONN wins by 6.
UCONN by 11.
MSU will give them all they want, But I think Thabeet will be too much this game.
I don't see Thabeet hurting MSU very much offensively, but defensively and on the glass his presence will be felt. It will be interested to see how Michigan State handles his size inside. The thing about UCONN though, is that they have so many weapons, it's hard to key on 1 guy in particular. Price and Walker have been outstanding for them the entire tournament. IF Michigan State wins the battle inside and can get Thabeet in foul trouble, they'll win this game.
I'll take MSU by 2. This could go down as one of the all-time greats.
Pupaw Wrote:I don't see Thabeet hurting MSU very much offensively, but defensively and on the glass his presence will be felt. It will be interested to see how Michigan State handles his size inside. The thing about UCONN though, is that they have so many weapons, it's hard to key on 1 guy in particular. Price and Walker have been outstanding for them the entire tournament. IF Michigan State wins the battle inside and can get Thabeet in foul trouble, they'll win this game.

:Thumbs:
Stardust Wrote:I like how Jim Calhoun coached this team over the weekend. The distractions from last week should have killed this team. They way they handled themselves, I think they continue the inside game dominance that they have dislayed over the last two weeks.

i agree with stardust .... Calhoun has done a great job coaching his team and gettin them were they are and if thabeet can shut down the big man for the spartans and coming away with the blocks and rebounds for the huskies and if Uconn plays like they been playing I See Uconn pullin out the victory ...
Uconn by 28.
Pupaw Wrote:I don't see Thabeet hurting MSU very much offensively, but defensively and on the glass his presence will be felt. It will be interested to see how Michigan State handles his size inside. The thing about UCONN though, is that they have so many weapons, it's hard to key on 1 guy in particular. Price and Walker have been outstanding for them the entire tournament. IF Michigan State wins the battle inside and can get Thabeet in foul trouble, they'll win this game.

I think that Suton will be able to handle Thabeet. But as for Price and Walker I don't know what States game plan will be to stop them. But I'm sure Izzo is thinking of a plan as we speak.

Can't wait to watch this one. It's gonna be special.
Five of us were correct.
Glad they won