Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Can Belfry Middle Win A 4th Straight Pike County Championship
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
since beening at the old high school that is now the middle school belfry has won 3 straight championships,what does the other schools have that will try to stop a 4th straight championship...
They will win next year... again! Those kids have really been working hard in the weight room. Last year belfry dominated everyone! I think the closest score was like 35-6. From what i hear the team that has the best chance to beat them is shelby valley
yea i know last year team,blake newsome was my stepson at the time..
I think SV will compete with Belfry this year but I think SV is a year away they have very strong 7th grade class
IMO Belfry will dominate Pike county.
well shelby valley should be about equal with belfry if not better they will have a good line and a pretty decent backfield
i agree with you central fan shelby valleys line is very strong with a great center IMO he led the line last lear as a 7th grader and won offensive lineman award for the team. hope #64 can do it again . with addition to owen caudill and possibly chandler rowe they may have a good shot with competing with belfry there only weekness is at QB they have the speed to run an option style offense. what about on defense Central Fan? you have and ideas?
Central middle
seabiscuit51 Wrote:i agree with you central fan shelby valleys line is very strong with a great center IMO he led the line last lear as a 7th grader and won offensive lineman award for the team. hope #64 can do it again . with addition to owen caudill and possibly chandler rowe they may have a good shot with competing with belfry there only weekness is at QB they have the speed to run an option style offense. what about on defense Central Fan? you have and ideas?
They are a long way from weak at QB. Think they pass the ball alot .
i don't care what you all say the newsome and branham kid from shelby valley are going to lead shelby valley to a county championship this year.
I'd say they will.
yea the newsome and branham kids are by far the best linebackers in the county in my 30 years of watching football i have not seen more feirce competators than theese 2 and they hit so hard ive seen kids cry and limp off the feild theese kids impress me the have what it takes to be professional atheletes one day "mark my words, they will be playing on sundays"
well the newsome and branham kids are average ball players and if they had heart and would practice alot they would be decent
Its gonna come down to Belfry, SVMS, PCCMS, ERMS, and Pikeville. Easily the combined teams are now big dogs and can play with Belfry and Pikeville. But I remember it wasnt not to long ago when Virgie and Elkhorn City played every year for the championship.
Belfry is returning several 8th grade players from last year. That includes there quarterback Asani Warren. He can throw the Football 60-65 yards!
Pond creek nation Wrote:Belfry is returning several 8th grade players from last year. That includes there quarterback Asani Warren. He can throw the Football 60-65 yards!

i dont know about all that he didnt thrown like that last year,my stepson was on that team(blake newsome) but i did hear some was holdbacks
theres no possible way .this year valley takes it ecspessly with nick wallace returning
Real Badman Wrote:Its gonna come down to Belfry, SVMS, PCCMS, ERMS, and Pikeville. Easily the combined teams are now big dogs and can play with Belfry and Pikeville. But I remember it wasnt not to long ago when Virgie and Elkhorn City played every year for the championship.

svms beat pikeville twice in the season once was a close game because coach hall put the bench in during the second half it was 18-16 valley but the consillation game was a complete blowout 28-0 when the starters played
ballin23 Wrote:theres no possible way .this year valley takes it ecspessly with nick wallace returning

who????
seabiscuit51 Wrote:**Deleted Post/PHS1986**

you have no clue, what your even saying,your just jealous because sv cant beat belfry on the football field,but i wont get into with you on that,get your facts straight before you post something.
seabiscuit51 Wrote:**Deleted Post/ PHS1986**
Not sure how old the kid is, but if he was 19 he wouldn't be playing anything..:please:
Let's keep this a read-able topic.... Comments such as the one I deleted will NOT be tolerated.

Back on topic!!

IMHO, if the boys work hard and continue to gain momentum, yes, they can win another county chip!!
phs1986 Wrote:Let's keep this a read-able topic.... Comments such as the one I deleted will NOT be tolerated.

Back on topic!!

IMHO, if the boys work hard and continue to gain momentum, yes, they can win another county chip!!

well said