Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Villanova 78 - Pittsburgh 76
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Start the talk.
Looks like I was right, Pitt is the first #1 out.
I knew Pitt couldn't keep playing those close games... Nova is on fire.
Prlly the best game in the tourny so far but idt that Nova will be able to handle North Carolina next round..UNC will beat Oklahoma though so Nova won't be able 2 beat UNC but it has been a good run for them lol
I knew from the start that Pitt Wasnt going to win But to Be honest I Hope Uconn wins it all
Two things about 'Nova I don't like but they won anyway:

1. Lack of patience on offense. Seriously, make one more pass. In fact, sometimes make a pass, period.

2. What the heck was Wright thinking by calling that end-to-end home-run ball at the end of the game?
Dumb call towards the end but they win anyways. But what a fun game to watch. Great defense and what a free throw shooting clinic by Nova. Nova does what they need to do to move on in this one but Pitt put up a great fight and never quit just could not hit the big shots.
You do what you have to do to win and that is what my boys did tonight. I could have shot Jay when he made that call at the end of the game because it could have easily beat us but that is alright he admited his mistake. Now lets await to see who we play next. **** OF A RUN BOYS FINAL 4!!!!!!!!!!!!! One away
Oh yea. Congrats Nova.

Nova is playing great right now.
TomSportsHack Wrote:Two things about 'Nova I don't like but they won anyway:

1. Lack of patience on offense. Seriously, make one more pass. In fact, sometimes make a pass, period.

2. What the heck was Wright thinking by calling that end-to-end home-run ball at the end of the game?

This team often has to rely on quick shooting to keep the D off balance so that the opposing team will get out on the ball so that Reynolds and Fisher can drive easier. That is why they often dont go deep into the shot clock. Nova is a team that live and dies on the transistion game and their out side shooting. Another reason the take quick shots is so that the D is not set to block out otherwise we would get out rebound pretty easily. It worked tonight Nova out rebounded Blain and party, and got more second chance looks. I love the way my boys play.
Didn't see this one at all.

Congrats Nova!
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:This team often has to rely on quick shooting to keep the D off balance so that the opposing team will get out on the ball so that Reynolds and Fisher can drive easier. That is why they often dont go deep into the shot clock. Nova is a team that live and dies on the transistion game and their out side shooting. Another reason the take quick shots is so that the D is not set to block out otherwise we would get out rebound pretty easily. It worked tonight Nova out rebounded Blain and party, and got more second chance looks. I love the way my boys play.

Point guard comes up the floor with the ball and immediately drives the lane without even thinking about looking for a pass.

I've been in gyms in Eastern Kentucky where — if that point guard does that in practice — the coach chews his hide for five minutes. There's "quick shooting" and then there's what we call "tunnel vision." Take a minute, look around and see if you can work the offense.
TomSportsHack Wrote:Point guard comes up the floor with the ball and immediately drives the lane without even thinking about looking for a pass.

I've been in gyms in Eastern Kentucky where — if that point guard does that in practice — the coach chews his hide for five minutes. There's "quick shooting" and then there's what we call "tunnel vision." Take a minute, look around and see if you can work the offense.

That is the way they play I am sorry if you dont like it but it has put them into the final 4. You are the only person I have seen to critique the way they play but I understand what you are saying. I am not trying to argue with you just trying to make a remark as to why thats the way they play. You take what the D is given you and if Reynolds has the lane to pull up for a jump shot why not. It is a high percentage shot, just a stat for you here this team shots between 40 and 50 percent a game.
TomSportsHack Wrote:Point guard comes up the floor with the ball and immediately drives the lane without even thinking about looking for a pass.

by the way this isnt high school basketball
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:by the way this isnt high school basketball

I'm aware of that, but you see my point: fundamentals.

Quote:You take what the D is given you and if Reynolds has the lane to pull up for a jump shot why not

Because when he just runs up the lane and gets bottled up or takes a poor shot and misses, you have to wonder why he doesn't look to his teammates. Don't just run into the heart of a zone; move the ball around, run your offense, wait for a good shot.
Great Game.
Wow. Novas playing great in this tournament.
Villanova is tough, and can beat any team left
Congrats Villanova!!
Classic!!!