Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: If Mitch Barnhart were smart.....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I do not think Riley would be interested in the job at all. He would like to see the program succeed, but I'm almost positive that he wouldn't even consider coaching UK.
I see where you are coming from. This article lines a good scenario though. I mean, Riley has done everything he could possibly want to do in the NBA. It would be great to see him come back to his alma mater and get the program back on its feet.
TheEagle Wrote:I see where you are coming from. This article lines a good scenario though. I mean, Riley has done everything he could possibly want to do in the NBA. It would be great to see him come back to his alma mater and get the program back on its feet.

Oh yeah, it would be great.
hmmm... heck i wouldnt mind if he coached
TheEagle Wrote:He'd give Pat Riley a call.

http://www.thewildcatblog.com/2007/03/pa...tucky.html
That article is two years old now.

Does UK want a 64 year old coach who has never coached a college game?
Coaching college players and recruiting is different than coaching in the NBA.
If MB was smart he would not make a offer to JC, but ask him what it would take for him to come to UK, and then agree.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I do not think Riley would be interested in the job at all. He would like to see the program succeed, but I'm almost positive that he wouldn't even consider coaching UK.

:Thumbs:
If MB was smart he would resign and UK would hire Riley as the AD!!!!!

MB has got us in this mess he better hope he can get us out or he shouldl be next.
ive known mitch for a few years now he loves this program and will have it back up and running the circuits
I don't think Pat's health is viable to a five year commitment that it would take to turnt he program around
Noway.