Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Recruits!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
With Billy G. gone..do you think we will still get the recruits?
Not like we have the #1 player coming in, don't see why they'd leave, not like they're 1 and done players.
Hood will be at UK without a doubt, as for Orton, I don't see him backing out either. Ferguson could be a different story though.
Quote:Hood will be at UK without a doubt, as for Orton, I don't see him backing out either. Ferguson could be a different story though.

Hood's dad said that they were gonna take another look at this since Billy G is gone
Strikeout King Wrote:Hood's dad said that they were gonna take another look at this since Billy G is gone

Why, because Hood is such a big time player every college in the country wants him?
I think they will still come, and next year if Billy D is in fact the coach, they will get even better recruits. But like I said before, if they dont want to come just because gillispie is out, then UK doesnt need them anyway.
I say Hood will stay just for the fact that most boys dreams growing up in KY is to play for UK basketball. G.J. Vilereno's dad said that he will be there even though Billy G. has left. As for Orton his dad said they will have to see who UK hires and go from there.
If they are signed, they have to come or they sit a year. Hood & Orton I thought were already committed. So they nor the new coach has any choice, unless the recruit is willing to sit out a year of college eligibility. It's not a Red-Shirt elligible transfer.
Stardust Wrote:If they are signed, they have to come or they sit a year. Hood & Orton I thought were already committed. So they nor the new coach has any choice, unless the recruit is willing to sit out a year of college eligibility. It's not a Red-Shirt elligible transfer.

Actually I don't think that's true. I'm not 100% positive, but if a coach leaves a program the recruits have the option to back out of their LOI.
blackcat Wrote:Actually I don't think that's true. I'm not 100% positive, but if a coach leaves a program the recruits have the option to back out of their LOI.

That is correct. NCAA must confirm it if I'm not mistaken.
A signing is with a school, not a coach. Are you confusing a commitment with a signing? These are two completely separate items. A commitment is an engagement, a signing is a marriage.
Stardust Wrote:A signing is with a school, not a coach. Are you confusing a commitment with a signing? These are two completely separate items. A commitment is an engagement, a signing is a marriage.

Agreed.:Thumbs:
All of the '09 commits have already signed their LOI.

Tucker may not have signed his yet.
Well Im watching ESPN right now and there talking like the chances of meeks OR patterson returning is slim to none....And ortons father was going to wait and see
Rivals said they were all waiting to see who comes in.
RavenBoy Wrote:Rivals said they were all waiting to see who comes in.

I'd agree with that. As said before, a big name coach keeps them. Not a coach with "potential" as his label, and not one that "understands what it means to be at kentucky". The Kids are looking to have faith in the coach, and could care less what his background of college playing days were.
Sports_Fan28 Wrote:I think they will still come, and next year if Billy D is in fact the coach, they will get even better recruits. But like I said before, if they dont want to come just because gillispie is out, then UK doesnt need them anyway.

And maybe the new coach will want to bring in his own recruits.Verbal commitments mean nothing.Most of the players we have heard of that BG was bringing in the next 3 years or so,will never be at UK now.Who ever they hire will be recruiting there own players,and that's the way it shoud be.