Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Wilbon from ESPN
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think he owes everyone in Ky an apology. When Tubby left Kentucky on his own, Wilbon went into this big tirade about how it was the racist people in Ky that run Tubby off and it was all over color. Well Wilbon you race baiter now what do you say. BCG is as white as fresh driven snow and guess what he is only going to get two years, so maybe your were dead wrong about race playing a part in Tubbys demise, maybe it is the expectations of Ky fans and if Tubby had produced and recruited better he would have still been here if he chose to. But looking at how he left, he couuldn't take the pressure anyway. So Wilbon, my friend you are the one with colored glasses on now.
Amen!
Im right there with ya buddy. Why do people always play the race card thought? I dont understand it.
Wilbon is a Jack***. It is about competing for the championship and that it, we dont care if the coach is purple if he wins he is the man
Wilbon is an idiot. He talks about how Tubby was run off and he thinks Gillispie should take the money and run. Here's the thing that he will never understand, and unless you are a die hard UK fan, that the true fans won't stand for a mediocre coach that has double digitg losses each year. Tubby had more 10 loss seasons than we needed to put up with. He had the chance to stay by getting rid of his inept assistant coaches but chose to go to Minnesota instead. I think the pressure at UK was to much for him.
Wilbon is from Chicago, I think, so he's never had a college team that was an elite program to be associated with, so he dosen't know anything but mediocricy as far as a basketball team goes. I do think what he says about UK hurts the with some of the new recruits sometimes. I think I will e-mail Mr Wilbon with some of my thoughts just to let him know he can keep his opinion to himself.
He says that we ran him off because Tubby was black and Wilbon is the biggest racist on TV. He at least is acting like it. He never has anything to say good about white america. Our expectations are high because we are the greatest basketball program of all time and that's why not many people can live up to that name at coach.
JOBAKKA Wrote:I think he owes everyone in Ky an apology. When Tubby left Kentucky on his own, Wilbon went into this big tirade about how it was the racist people in Ky that run Tubby off and it was all over color. Well Wilbon you race baiter now what do you say. BCG is as white as fresh driven snow and guess what he is only going to get two years, so maybe your were dead wrong about race playing a part in Tubbys demise, maybe it is the expectations of Ky fans and if Tubby had produced and recruited better he would have still been here if he chose to. But looking at how he left, he couuldn't take the pressure anyway. So Wilbon, my friend you are the one with colored glasses on now.

I don't always agree with you, but you are dead on on this one J

:Thumbs: Great Post
I rank Wilbon right up there with Al Sharpton as the most racist people in this country. Wilbon is an idiot, I can't believe ESPN lets him get away with some of the things he says/does.
kyrifle Wrote:Wilbon is an idiot. He talks about how Tubby was run off and he thinks Gillispie should take the money and run. Here's the thing that he will never understand, and unless you are a die hard UK fan, that the true fans won't stand for a mediocre coach that has double digitg losses each year. Tubby had more 10 loss seasons than we needed to put up with. He had the chance to stay by getting rid of his inept assistant coaches but chose to go to Minnesota instead. I think the pressure at UK was to much for him.
Wilbon is from Chicago, I think, so he's never had a college team that was an elite program to be associated with, so he dosen't know anything but mediocricy as far as a basketball team goes. I do think what he says about UK hurts the with some of the new recruits sometimes. I think I will e-mail Mr Wilbon with some of my thoughts just to let him know he can keep his opinion to himself.

:Clap: Wilbon is an idiot and only knows about mediocre, just look at his show.
JOBAKKA Wrote:I think he owes everyone in Ky an apology. When Tubby left Kentucky on his own, Wilbon went into this big tirade about how it was the racist people in Ky that run Tubby off and it was all over color. Well Wilbon you race baiter now what do you say. BCG is as white as fresh driven snow and guess what he is only going to get two years, so maybe your were dead wrong about race playing a part in Tubbys demise, maybe it is the expectations of Ky fans and if Tubby had produced and recruited better he would have still been here if he chose to. But looking at how he left, he couuldn't take the pressure anyway. So Wilbon, my friend you are the one with colored glasses on now.

:rockon:
Definitely true....
Steven A. Smith also made this argument....
kyrifle Wrote:Wilbon is an idiot. He talks about how Tubby was run off and he thinks Gillispie should take the money and run. Here's the thing that he will never understand, and unless you are a die hard UK fan, that the true fans won't stand for a mediocre coach that has double digitg losses each year. Tubby had more 10 loss seasons than we needed to put up with. He had the chance to stay by getting rid of his inept assistant coaches but chose to go to Minnesota instead. I think the pressure at UK was to much for him.

I agree.