Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Norte Dame 77 Kentucky 67
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Final! Seasons over
Let the speculation begin....how many days until it's announced that Billy G. is gone?
How long will it be before Billy G is gone? Or does he stay for another year?
Well ND won because UK once again can't guard the 3 ball and ND was able to make their free throws at the end.
Billy G. sucks he does not need to be at UK next season and if mitch barnhartt has any sense he will get rid of him and Galloway dont need to be there either bc he doesnt know how to play......he's a ball hog and he sucks
Allright!!!! let's get it started...... What's gonna happen????
Billy G might have had a job if UK would have lost at the last second, but there is no need to lose to a team that is in the NIT by double digits. I thought UK shouldn't have even been in the NIT?
I think we may hear something this coming Friday.
They said something about the AD traveling to the game tonight...which doesn't usually happen.
Any chance he gets the slip tonight??
I thought I agian saw alittle triangle and two defense this game. We just couldnt stop the three ball. Noone seemed wanted to step up and play ball.
FoOtBaLl FrEaK 8-0 Wrote:They said something about the AD traveling to the game tonight...which doesn't usually happen.
Any chance he gets the slip tonight??

At the risk of making STARDUST and the other BCG lovers angry, I sure hope so....
Billy G. couldnt even coach an old woman.
I wanted to give the guy a little longer but after tonight I hope he is packing his bags soon.
ComfortEagle Wrote:Let the speculation begin....how many days until it's announced that Billy G. is gone?

Decision is already done from what I hear.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Decision is already done from what I hear.

The announcers said towards the end of the game when talking about BCG's future that they're hearing the decision has already been made.

Now what exactly do you mean by that?
Engineer Baseball Wrote:Billy G. sucks he does not need to be at UK next season and if mitch barnhartt has any sense he will get rid of him and Galloway dont need to be there either bc he doesnt know how to play......he's a ball hog and he sucks

What aare you talking about? Galloway is not that bad and I have never viewed him as a ball hog. IMO is is a lot better than Stevenson, Leggins, and Stewart. I like him on the team.
Congrats Norte Dame.
I heard the announcers talking bout BCG's future too...said he may be gone...I was for Tubby leaving, I thought he couldn't recruit well, and I thought BCG could recruit..but I wasnt sure how he was as a coach...Lets get us a true Blue Blood coach in there..that knows UK ball...Just my opinion

I've heard it too, but if it's true, how long until it's announced?
FoOtBaLl FrEaK 8-0 Wrote:Now what exactly do you mean by that?

Supposedly Lee Todd (UK President) and Barnhart already met with Billy G. and told him he was done whenever UK's season was over.

I have also heard that Pitino and Donovan may be interested in the job if Billy G. leaves.
He resigns tonight on the radio
I have heard Donavon has already said he would come.
ComfortEagle Wrote:Supposedly Lee Todd (UK President) and Barnhart already met with Billy G. and told him he was done whenever UK's season was over.

I have also heard that Pitino and Donovan may be interested in the job if Billy G. leaves.
Panther Thunder Wrote:I have heard Donavon has already said he would come.

Not openly, but through feelers, yes.
Welcome to Lexington Billy Donovan......

I truly feel Donovan is about to be the next UK Head Coach. The key now is for the duo of Barnhart and Todd to be VERY smart in how they handle this situation. If UK fires BCG and there is any lag time in the announcement of a new coach then the chances of keeping current recruits is slim. If Donovan (or for that matter any other marquee name coach) is named immediately it really helps our chances of keeping Hood, Orton, and Tucker on board as well as Ferguson and Ross-Miller for the future.

Jimmy Dykes surprisingly made a statement that summarizes my opinions on BCG. He said, and I paraphrase, "There is no doubt this guy can flat coach. It's whether he can handle all that takes to be the focal point of the Kentucky program."

I said it earlier this year after a game. It wasn't so much his on court coaching I took issue with. it was the way he treated media and fans. D_ick Gabriel is the epitome of a UK media man. He is deep in the UK program and you rarely hear him speak out. When he made his comments this week that BCG was gone that spoke volumes and drove the nail in the coffin of this thing. Maybe had BCG treated Mike Leach (all-class and Gabriel's buddy) a little better then maybe Gabriel doesn't speak out.

I feel with 100% certainty we are having a coaching change and an A-list coach is on his way in. I will say that if it takes until April to make an announcement then that might mean that Calipari is also in the running.

I wish BCG well. He will wind up somehwere and will be a very successful head coach, probably even coaching in Final 4's. UK simply was not the right fit for his personality.
Quote:What aare you talking about? Galloway is not that bad and I have never viewed him as a ball hog. IMO is is a lot better than Stevenson, Leggins, and Stewart. I like him on the team.

Galloway does not know how to play, if he did he wouldnt be driving in to the midldle, turning the ball over like he did tonight. he just simply sucks but people have there own opinion
ComfortEagle Wrote:Supposedly Lee Todd (UK President) and Barnhart already met with Billy G. and told him he was done whenever UK's season was over.

Donovan Maybe and GOD I hope PITINO>>>>
So...Billy G is gone??
is there any doubters of this statement?

AND...who is most-likely the replacement?
ComfortEagle Wrote:I think we may hear something this coming Friday.

I thought it interesting that an Assistant did the postgame show on the radio
Stardust Wrote:I thought it interesting that an Assistant did the postgame show on the radio

Hey Stardust.... What do you really think is gonna happen?? Leave your big ole heart out of it:biggrin:
Pages: 1 2 3