Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: (1)Louisville 79 - (9)Siena 72
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final.
Siena sure gave Louisville a run for their money.
Really entertaining game to watch I thought Siena was gonna pull it out but Louisville just has too much...
This was a great game. Till about 4:30 to go then Louisville just took over.
What happened to UL? I figured almighty Louisville would have ran away with this... I went in side to get something to drink and saw the cards were trailing by 4-5 points with about 7 minutes to go........
TATE_64 Wrote:What happened to UL? I figured almighty Louisville would have ran away with this... I went in side to get something to drink and saw the cards were trailing by 4-5 points with about 7 minutes to go........

Yeah Siena was a better team than I thought...but they pulled it out...lol:Clap: :Cheerlead
God;I hate Louisville.Somebody please beat them.
Too close for the cards.
I was hoping Siena could have pulled off the upset.
Good win.
First of all, hats off to Siena. They gave everything they had and would not go away. Their fans should be proud.

Louisville was very sloppy with the ball today. Didn't execute well on the offensive end and were careless in the lane with the ball when Siena was swiping after everything. They were also a bit lazy on defense most of the game. Siena played just about as well as they could, UL just had too much. On to the Sweet 16.
TATE_64 Wrote:What happened to UL? I figured almighty Louisville would have ran away with this... I went in side to get something to drink and saw the cards were trailing by 4-5 points with about 7 minutes to go........

Last i checked they were the #1 overall seed in the NCAA Tournament
king360 Wrote:Last i checked they were the #1 overall seed in the NCAA Tournament

yeah.. so that means that ought to start playing like that. :yawn: word.
DeuceUL Wrote:First of all, hats off to Siena. They gave everything they had and would not go away. Their fans should be proud.

Louisville was very sloppy with the ball today. Didn't execute well on the offensive end and were careless in the lane with the ball when Siena was swiping after everything. They were also a bit lazy on defense most of the game. Siena played just about as well as they could, UL just had too much. On to the Sweet 16.

I don't agree with this. Siena was ice cold shooting the 3 ball and had numerous wide open looks that they couldn't convert.

UL definately did not play up to their norml level. It seemed they were in an energy conservation mode until about the 4 minute mark.

The resounding thought in my mind following this game is that T-Will is the best 3 man in the country. He made play after play after play. Without T-will UL loses this game. I have always respected T-Will, but today he proved he is one of the ELITE players in the country.
On an aside. I think Siena receiving a higher seed ( 9 seed) hurt their chances of advancing to the Sweet 16 insted of helping them. If Siena were a 10-12 seed they may very well still be playing after this weekend.
Congrats Cards
I think this close win will be good for the cards to get them ready for the sweet 16.
Siena definitely made it interesting
What conference is Siena in?
mrfootball03 Wrote:yeah.. so that means that ought to start playing like that. :yawn: word.

Since none of the other #1 seeds have played below their potential in the tournament yet, right?