Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: #1 North Carolina/#4 Gonzaga
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I heard yesterday on ESPN that UNC's win over LSU was their 98th all-time in the NCAA tournament, and that ties them with, who else, Kentucky. Their next opponent? My Gonzaga Bulldogs! I'm sure everyone will be pulling for Gonzaga just because of who their playing, but slowly but surely, Kentucky's title of being the "Greatest Basketball Program of All-Time" is slipping away. Let's all pull together and hope that Mark Few can get his team past Williams and the Heels!!!! I'll be dressed in my scarlet and navy, and I hope for at least one day, you all will be too!!! Go Dawgs!!!!
:Thumbs: :Thumbs: :Thumbs:
StrikeoutKing Wrote:I heard yesterday on ESPN that UNC's win over LSU was their 98th all-time in the NCAA tournament, and that ties them with, who else, Kentucky. Their next opponent? My Gonzaga Bulldogs! I'm sure everyone will be pulling for Gonzaga just because of who their playing, but slowly but surely, Kentucky's title of being the "Greatest Basketball Program of All-Time" is slipping away. Let's all pull together and hope that Mark Few can get his team past Williams and the Heels!!!! I'll be dressed in my scarlet and navy, and I hope for at least one day, you all will be too!!! Go Dawgs!!!!

I sure hope so. I think that Gonzaga will win by 2 in OT.
I pick gonzaga by 8.
I hope you all are right. This is one of Gonzaga's better teams in a while. I think they are better than 2006 just because they have more balance. Should they win, I honestly think they could beat either Syracuse or Oklahoma.

Go Dawgs!
I think UNC will handle Gonzaga pretty easy... I'll take the TarHeels by 16.
DeuceUL Wrote:I think UNC will handle Gonzaga pretty easy... I'll take the TarHeels by 16.

Have to agree with you!
Unc By 24
Carolina 81-75.
Gonzaga is a team you have to watch. They are dangerous, and if I am not mistaken, isn't there best player back?
My heart wants Gonzaga, byt my heads says UNC by 8
I want this year to be tied in tournament wins. Go Gonzaga.
I have Gonzaga beating UNC I think Pargo is to much for an unhealthy Lawson.
UNC all the way!
Big Grin
StrikeoutKing Wrote:I heard yesterday on ESPN that UNC's win over LSU was their 98th all-time in the NCAA tournament, and that ties them with, who else, Kentucky. Their next opponent? My Gonzaga Bulldogs! I'm sure everyone will be pulling for Gonzaga just because of who their playing, but slowly but surely, Kentucky's title of being the "Greatest Basketball Program of All-Time" is slipping away. Let's all pull together and hope that Mark Few can get his team past Williams and the Heels!!!! I'll be dressed in my scarlet and navy, and I hope for at least one day, you all will be too!!! Go Dawgs!!!!

That wont happen, NC is going to win the title this year. It will be UCONN and NC fight for the title. Unless UofL can pull one out of the hit on Uconn.
Well I got the Zags on my bracket and I say the zags by 6 no OT's neither. Pargo and Austi Day will be tough for the heels...
heels better be ready on the defensive side of the ball. i still have the heels by 7 finish 'em off with the FT's
Tarheels by 15.
I honestly think zaga has this one by about 10....
in Hansbrough's first year at UNC the heels and gonzaga met in a non-conference matchup and Gonzaga's Josh Heytvelt held him in check the whole game and the zags ended up pulling it out....
with Lawson not at 100% and facing a very tough guard like Jeremy Pargo, one of the single most strongest and athletic PGs in the nation, I think UNC has to get contributions elsewhere....and anyone in Gonzaga's starting lineup is capable of going for 20+ and leading the team in scoring
Gonzaga has never been able to get it together for a whole tournament though....but after 2 sub-par performances in the opening rounds I expect them to bring their best for UNC....this is a zaga team that had UConn on the ropes gasping and let them slip into OT to beat them

enough of my rambling tho
good luck both teams
GO ZAGS!!!!!
Go Zags!
zaga_fan Wrote:I honestly think zaga has this one by about 10....
in Hansbrough's first year at UNC the heels and gonzaga met in a non-conference matchup and Gonzaga's Josh Heytvelt held him in check the whole game and the zags ended up pulling it out....
with Lawson not at 100% and facing a very tough guard like Jeremy Pargo, one of the single most strongest and athletic PGs in the nation, I think UNC has to get contributions elsewhere....and anyone in Gonzaga's starting lineup is capable of going for 20+ and leading the team in scoring
Gonzaga has never been able to get it together for a whole tournament though....but after 2 sub-par performances in the opening rounds I expect them to bring their best for UNC....this is a zaga team that had UConn on the ropes gasping and let them slip into OT to beat them

enough of my rambling tho
good luck both teams
GO ZAGS!!!!!

Zaga will not win this game by double digits!
Aslan Wrote:Zaga will not win this game by double digits!

maybe not....
but that's my estimate and I'm feelin' lucky....
we'll see tomorrow nite at 9:57....
if the zags were in the Big East you would call this game zaga by 20
I'm pulling for the Zags!