Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Will the SEC get the shaft?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I feel the SEC should get four teams in the NCAA. Most Experts today say they expect only two or three. With Mississippi State winning the conference tournament it should be at least three. I think LSU, Tenn, Miss St and South Carolina all should be in.

The talk of the SEC being down is greatly exagerrated IMO. While it is slightly down it is still full of good teams. There are just no great teams this year.
I agree I think they will let at least those four(LSU, Tenn, MSU, and USC) teams in. I believe the SEC will recover in a few years.
South Carolina wont make it. I think Miss St, Tenn, and LSU are only three teams that make it.
MVP2 Wrote:South Carolina wont make it. I think Miss St, Tenn, and LSU are only three teams that make it.

I Agree.
I'd say LSU, Tennessee, and Mississippi St.
FBALL Wrote:I feel the SEC should get four teams in the NCAA. Most Experts today say they expect only two or three. With Mississippi State winning the conference tournament it should be at least three. I think LSU, Tenn, Miss St and South Carolina all should be in.

The talk of the SEC being down is greatly exagerrated IMO. While it is slightly down it is still full of good teams. There are just no great teams this year.

I dont think that it is exaggerated at all. Very rarely has the SEC had a team crack the top 25 this year. I can never remember the SEC being as weak as it has been this year. Not too many years ago it was debatable that the SEC was the strongest basketball conference in America, sometimes having 8 or 9 teams ranked in the top 25, occasionally having as many as 3 in the top 10.
MisterPerfect Wrote:I'd say LSU, Tennessee, and Mississippi St.

Thats what I think.
Not gonna happen IMO...............Arizona is in and 3 Big East #1 seeds..............bad year for SEC
They did get the shaft.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:I dont think that it is exaggerated at all. Very rarely has the SEC had a team crack the top 25 this year. I can never remember the SEC being as weak as it has been this year. Not too many years ago it was debatable that the SEC was the strongest basketball conference in America, sometimes having 8 or 9 teams ranked in the top 25, occasionally having as many as 3 in the top 10.
I think it is exagerrated in the fact that the are no really great teams but their were no bad teams either. It just didn't have the star power of the past.

I think South Carolina got hosed.

If Michigan, Wisconsin and Arizona get in then SC, Florida, Auburn and even UK have an argument.

I don't believe Kentucky deserved it before anybody says that. They played their way out with a bad second half and more particularly a bad loss to Georgia at home. But if those teams I mentioned above got in then SC, Auburn, Florida, Penn St and St Mary's all have a right to complain.
I can agree with the seeds for Tennessee and Miss. State. I didnt expect LSU to fall to an 8 seed though.