Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kentucky's Next Head Coach
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
who would you all like to see be the Next Head Coach of UK???

1) Bob Knight
2) John Calipari
3) Billy Donovan
4) Tom Izzo
5) Thad Matta
6) John Pelfrey
7) Travis Ford
8) Jamie Dixon
9) Bill Self
10) Mark Few
Engineer Baseball Wrote:who would you all like to see be the Next Head Coach of UK???

1) Bob Knight
2) John Calipari
3) Billy Donovan
4) Tom Izzo
5) Thad Matta
6) John Pelfrey
7) Travis Ford
8) Jamie Dixon
9) Bill Self
10) Mark Few

:please: uh none how about lets give a little backup to the one we have now who is trying to rebuild a :flush: program
if he is trying to "rebulid" this team/program then why his he throwing ball games?
Engineer Baseball Wrote:if he is trying to "rebulid" this team/program then why his he throwing ball games?

please show me proof he's throwing ball games and we can talk!
Engineer Baseball Wrote:who would you all like to see be the Next Head Coach of UK???

1) Bob Knight
2) John Calipari
3) Billy Donovan
4) Tom Izzo
5) Thad Matta
6) John Pelfrey
7) Travis Ford
8) Jamie Dixon
9) Bill Self
10) Mark Few

1) Bob Knight- Would never coach at UK
2) John Calipari- Not leaving Memphis
3) Billy Donovan- Possible, but not likely
4) Tom Izzo- Not leaving MSU for UK
5) Thad Matta- Possible
6) John Pelfrey- Possible
7) Travis Ford- Doubtful now that he's at OKSt.
8) Jamie Dixon- Definitely not leaving Pitt for UK
9) Bill Self- Doubtful
10) Mark Few- Possible
i agree with beasy bo BCG is the man and before you say something about throwing games have some d**m proof.
putting players in games that no one has ever heard of, when your down/up by just 2 points, and then bamm the other team is back up by 10. Billy G has no idea how to coach this team under pressure and he cant win the games that needs to be won
Engineer Baseball Wrote:putting players in games that no one has ever heard of, when your down/up by just 2 points, and then bamm the other team is back up by 10. Billy G has no idea how to coach this team under pressure and he cant win the games that needs to be won
Sounds to me like your the only one that has no clue.. Because if you was a basketball fan of Uk then you know everyone on the roster.. I think you just need to find another team to dis no wonder no one wants to Coach at UK they are not even given a chance before you want his head on a platter.
Do these fans really want Bob Knight?? The first time the fans started telling him how to coach this guy would kick somebody's *** he would not put up with all this crap for one minute. The first time he grabbed or head butted a player everybody would want him fired. So why dont you all just get behind the coach you have and give him a chance............
so all uk fans are suppose to know there complete resume, there schedule, there roster and everything else. i know when he put those players in that game against georgia it p****d some people off and they want him gone
Who would want a coach that wouldnt play defense when he wore the colors. No john pelphrey.
And give Billy 2 more yrs to prove himself. No results then look elsewhere
I say give him 1 more year.
Same thing all of you did after Brooks second season, all you did was call for his head. Once he started winning it was all hail Brooks and UK football. It takes a real fan to stick by their team and COACH during rough times and that is where UK basketball is right now. Its both the players and the coaching staff, the players dont play defense and only look out for themselves on the offensive end. They rarely back one another or give each other a pat on the butt after taking a charge or hitting a nice shot. This team needs a TRUE LEADER which they dont have. They need to become more of one rather then hearing Meeks this, Patterson that or Miller needs this. The media is killing it for the kids, the fans are as well. As Bobby Knight once said the crtics can kiss my *** the players and Billy G need to live by this and refer it to the fans and media. I have shyed away from UK basketball not because of the players or coaches but because of the fans who ruin the sport for these kids it is absolutley pathetic. Let the kids play the game and let the coach do their job. Thats what we did when we had Pitino and every one was much much much happier. Fans need to say something good for a change so these kids can have some type of confidence because right now they have none and we as fans have no one to blame but our selves. They are young but talented. If Pat and Meeks stay with the kids we have coming in Billy G. will have a really talented and more matured team on his hands and they will do better. This is not more difffrent then end of the 05 football season besides the basketball team has more tradition.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Same thing all of you did after Brooks second season, all you did was call for his head. Once he started winning it was all hail Brooks and UK football. It takes a real fan to stick by their team and COACH during rough times and that is where UK basketball is right now. Its both the players and the coaching staff, the players dont play defense and only look out for themselves on the offensive end. They rarely back one another or give each other a pat on the butt after taking a charge or hitting a nice shot. This team needs a TRUE LEADER which they dont have. They need to become more of one rather then hearing Meeks this, Patterson that or Miller needs this. The media is killing it for the kids, the fans are as well. As Bobby Knight once said the crtics can kiss my *** the players and Billy G need to live by this and refer it to the fans and media. I have shyed away from UK basketball not because of the players or coaches but because of the fans who ruin the sport for these kids it is absolutley pathetic. Let the kids play the game and let the coach do their job. Thats what we did when we had Pitino and every one was much much much happier. Fans need to say something good for a change so these kids can have some type of confidence because right now they have none and we as fans have no one to blame but our selves. They are young but talented. If Pat and Meeks stay with the kids we have coming in Billy G. will have a really talented and more matured team on his hands and they will do better. This is not more difffrent then end of the 05 football season besides the basketball team has more tradition.

:Thumbs:
The FANS are who makes this team what it is. They are the ones feeling the seats in Rupp Arena and they deserve more than what they have been paying for. If it were me on this team, I would be ashamed of the performance, and not want to bring the team down more than it already is. But as I said, its not the players fault so much as it is the sorry *** coach. If you people cant see that then you need to join him on his way out of here. As fans we should want more from our team and just the mediocrity we have been seeing since gillispie has been here. You are right, its the fans that ruin it for everyone else, but its fans like you that are willing to accept what is going on. I said it before and I will again, I never expected him to win a championship in his first few years, but ****, this man cant even win a conference championship let alone a game against Gardner Webb, San Diego, Houston, UAB, etc and so on. He is a joke and so are the fans that defend him to the death. UK and its real fans deserve more than this.
Sports_Fan28 Wrote:The FANS are who makes this team what it is. They are the ones feeling the seats in Rupp Arena and they deserve more than what they have been paying for. If it were me on this team, I would be ashamed of the performance, and not want to bring the team down more than it already is. But as I said, its not the players fault so much as it is the sorry *** coach. If you people cant see that then you need to join him on his way out of here. As fans we should want more from our team and just the mediocrity we have been seeing since gillispie has been here. You are right, its the fans that ruin it for everyone else, but its fans like you that are willing to accept what is going on. I said it before and I will again, I never expected him to win a championship in his first few years, but ****, this man cant even win a conference championship let alone a game against Gardner Webb, San Diego, Houston, UAB, etc and so on. He is a joke and so are the fans that defend him to the death. UK and its real fans deserve more than this.

Listen man I am a fan from the outside looking in I support Nova and simply keep up with UK basketball. However, getting rid of him now would only hurt the program more in the long run. I can see why I Louisville fan would want to see him go because you know it would hurt them to. It would hurt in recruiting in not knowing what the future would hold with the coaching position. It yet again will set UK back 2 or 3 years, its not like the job is that attractive right now with all the FANS scrutny over every loss and the media frenzy. As someone who simply keeps up with UK basketball and not that much of a supporter you have to give the guy time to take the players he recruits, get them use to your system and to make something happen. I knew when they brought him in Kentucky was going to take their lumps. Did I think they would be more succesful then they have been sure I did. However, you must realize its not all coaching and the players are not buying into the system. Should BCG switch up the D you are darn right. However, its not all just that, you are not going to win many games when Kentucky shots the way they do. Only two players avg. in double figures all season. They only have one in side threat in Patterson which doesnt work well, Orton will be able to help out there. Porter is more of a shooting guard then a PG which will help with Valjorino (sp) coming in. This team is two missing links to be more succesful. Next season I look for V to start at the PG, Meeks if he stays at the 2 guard, Miller at SF then Orton and Pat on the inside. Porter will come in for Meeks at the SG, Harrelson will be then # 1 big man off the bench with Stevenson as the next one off the bench. Liggins will have to elevate his game in the off season as will Galloway and hopefully Kentucky can get another guard in the rotation for next season. It is a compelation of many things not just the coach. People simply look at it one way and find the easiest way to make an argument and that is that BCG does not know what he is doing. If he is not more succesful next season then sure I say give him the boot. But right now Kentucky need stability in their coaching position and needs the players to be more aware of THEIR mistakes as well. Its a team (coaches and players) not just a coach.
I completely agree, give the man at least a couple of recruiting years, he has Orton and Hood coming in next year, he has Ferguson coming in the following year, give him some time to get his players in here.... He has TWO players this year, Patterson and Meeks, 2 against 5 and if anyone doesn't believe that, there a **** Fool
Billy Mays.
also if Kentucky gets rid of Billy G chalk it up a couple of those commits WILL decommit
rallo316 Wrote:i agree with beasy bo BCG is the man and before you say something about throwing games have some d**m proof.

Well if he is ot throwing games than why is he losing???? is it he cant coach or something???
theVILLE Wrote:Well if he is ot throwing games than why is he losing???? is it he cant coach or something???

Kentucky was weak this year plain and simple, alot of talent that did not mature the way they should have through out the season. IMO
oh by the way if my mind serves me right there was a certain SEC team that stuggled last year with a young but talented team and this season rose to the occasion after maturing during the off season. Wasn't that LSU maybe? give them the off season
coach cook is free for next season. maybe he will get the job.

heck, hatcher may get it.

and im just kidding. bcg will be back on the uk sidelines next season. get over it
memphistiger Wrote:coach cook is free for next season. maybe he will get the job.

heck, hatcher may get it.

and im just kidding. bcg will be back on the uk sidelines next season. get over it

hey even Mark Thompson is :lmao:
I will bet anything if meeks and patterson stays next year the cats WILL bring home a SEC title and a team that can make a run in the tourney
the 1 the only Wrote:I will bet anything if meeks and patterson stays next year the cats WILL bring home a SEC title and a team that can make a run in the tourney

agreed
I'd like to see Billy Donovan or John Pelfrey at Kentucky.

But, I think they should give Billy Gillispie at least one more year.
I think John Pelfrey would fit in very well at Kentucky.
Id say they would rather have Pitino than anyone!:Clap:
Pages: 1 2