Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: anyone watch stevenson?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
everyone knows that patterson could dominate everyone on LSU but its hard when every single time you touch a ball down low you have stevenson come running down the lane right beside PP so his man can double PP. does anyone else know why he would do this EVERY time!:please: i thought you learn this stuff as a little kid no to bring a double down on a dominant big man.
beasy_bo Wrote:everyone knows that patterson could dominate everyone on LSU but its hard when every single time you touch a ball down low you have stevenson come running down the lane right beside PP so his man can double PP. does anyone else know why he would do this EVERY time!:please: i thought you learn this stuff as a little kid no to bring a double down on a dominant big man.

Stevenson is an effort guy. I like that out of him, unfortunatel he's not the sharpest knife in the drawer.
Stevenson 2 rebounds in 33 minutes yesterday...
beasy_bo Wrote:everyone knows that patterson could dominate everyone on LSU but its hard when every single time you touch a ball down low you have stevenson come running down the lane right beside PP so his man can double PP. does anyone else know why he would do this EVERY time!:please: i thought you learn this stuff as a little kid no to bring a double down on a dominant big man.

I agree! You would think that at some point BG,would say dont do that and if he did do it again let him set and think about it for awhile.I think what he is doing he is gonna follow pp and if he misses try to get the put back. like SD said effort. I think he means well.
Harrelson should be starting instead of Stevenson, which hurts me because I like the effort that Stevenson shows, but he isnt a big body that can bang and get dirty, and he isnt that much of an offensive threat. Harrelson can shot the ball with somewhat of a touch, as can Stevenson but not consistantly as Harrelson can.
C.Clair Wrote:Harrelson should be starting instead of Stevenson, which hurts me because I like the effort that Stevenson shows, but he isnt a big body that can bang and get dirty, and he isnt that much of an offensive threat. Harrelson can shot the ball with somewhat of a touch, as can Stevenson but not consistantly as Harrelson can.

The problem with Harrelson is the same as the beginning of this thread. Harrelson is a banger. The space that he would occupy is the same space as PP. When watching Harrelson and PP play at the same time, you could see Harrelson consiously trying to stay out of PP's way. IMO, that hur Harrelson badly, and truly took away his strengths.
Stardust Wrote:The problem with Harrelson is the same as the beginning of this thread. Harrelson is a banger. The space that he would occupy is the same space as PP. When watching Harrelson and PP play at the same time, you could see Harrelson consiously trying to stay out of PP's way. IMO, that hur Harrelson badly, and truly took away his strengths.

Good point. Harrelson will always remain a back up but a good back up that can actually do something.
Back to the subject at hand, Stevenson should have stepped up a lot more this year and sharpened his game. He improved slightly from last year and remained none threatening to opposing teams. Basketball IQ is very low and I don't expect him to stand out much next year either apart from a good solid game here and there.
Stevenson has some talent but he isn't improving as much as I have hoped.
Mad Dog 420 Wrote:Good point. Harrelson will always remain a back up but a good back up that can actually do something.
Back to the subject at hand, Stevenson should have stepped up a lot more this year and sharpened his game. He improved slightly from last year and remained none threatening to opposing teams. Basketball IQ is very low and I don't expect him to stand out much next year either apart from a good solid game here and there.

:1: thank you perfectly said. i think the reason stevenson start also is cause he can at least play defense. him and PP affects people's shots alot down low. but i still think his mistakes are so junior highish you know what i mean?
dont have to worry about that much because when Orton gets in I look for Harrelson to stay at his spot on the bench and Stevenson to move behind him.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:dont have to worry about that much because when Orton gets in I look for Harrelson to stay at his spot on the bench and Stevenson to move behind him.

:Thumbs: agree