Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: LSU 67 - Kentucky 58
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final.
Hate to say it, but its just about what I figured.. Kentucky Basketball is pitiful..
Disappointing season for Kentucky. Hopefully everyone returns and they can make a run next season.
KINGJAMES#1 Wrote:What happened to J. Meeks today??? I thought he was the best all-around player?? Sure showed it today but what can you expect!! It's March, time for him to choke!! :biggrin:

Here you go, KJ#1... I fixed that for you. :Thumbs:
They didn't hold Jodie Meeks to single digits, he held himself.. He couldn't hit a broadside of the barn..
Well it will be cool to see us play in Memorial.
mrfootball03 Wrote:They didn't hold Jodie Meeks to single digits, he held himself.. He couldn't hit a broadside of the barn..

You're right, LSU's defense had NOTHING to do with that.
Western Kentucky & Morehead State make the NCAA Tourney, and Kentucky doesn't.. That should open some eyes in Lexington..
15th region slamdunk Wrote:Well it will be cool to see us play in Memorial.

and I disagree with a previous post, Memorial will be packed. It will easily be a turnaway crowd, no matter what name is on the tournament banner
UK never shows up for the big games.
DeuceUL Wrote:You're right, LSU's defense had NOTHING to do with that.

LOL.. when he is wide open, and misses, I wouldn't think LSU's defense had anything to do with that..
Better luck next year UK. and good luck in the NIT.
Did anyone else notice that Perry Stevenson seemed to be laying on the floor every possesion?
Kentucky won't even win the NIT
mrfootball03 Wrote:LOL.. when he is wide open, and misses, I wouldn't think LSU's defense had anything to do with that..

How many times was he wide open and missed?? He only took about seven shots...
DeuceUK Wrote:Here you go, KJ#1... I fixed that for you. :Thumbs:

Didn't take long to detect a foul odor in the room...:dump:
Meeks might have helped take himself out of the game but dang! He gets beat to death every possesion. Anytime he touches the ball he is being held by his defender. When he makes cuts around picks he is getting hit.
Not what UK fans have come to accept, but it's a 20 win season, something not all elite programs consistently do every year. Get PP and Meeks back, give the Freshman a summer to learn the system, add depth with the super recruiting class (best since Pitino days), and this program will make the turn.

Besides PP & Meeks, this team had zero consistency. We have stars in the making, all will be back (it won't hurt my feelings if Liggin's goes), and future stars coming in.
Stardust Wrote:Besides PP & Meeks, this team had zero consistency. We have stars in the making, all will be back (it won't hurt my feelings if Liggin's goes), and future stars coming in.

IMO, Miller will be very important to UK's success next year. He has A LOT of upside.
Stardust Wrote:Not what UK fans have come to accept, but it's a 20 win season, something not all elite programs consistently do every year. Get PP and Meeks back, give the Freshman a summer to learn the system, add depth with the super recruiting class (best since Pitino days), and this program will make the turn.

Besides PP & Meeks, this team had zero consistency. We have stars in the making, all will be back (it won't hurt my feelings if Liggin's goes), and future stars coming in.

WHOA.. are you serious dude?.. Not even hardly.. Only thing decent is Orton.. You think it was better than Rondo's recruiting class with three mcdonalds all americans?.. You have got to be kidding me.. Theres 5-6 classes that were better than this year.. Even Gillispies first class was better with Patterson..
Kentucky should juss switch confences i mean sec is weak!!.....and they cant even win......Wac or maybe Alantic 10
FloridaFreak3 Wrote:Kentucky should juss switch confences i mean sec is weak!!.....and they cant even win......Wac or maybe Alantic 10

This coming from a Florida fan who lost to UK once this year, and still hasn't even secured a NCAA tourney spot.. Oh and also went to the NIT last year.
FloridaFreak3 Wrote:Kentucky should juss switch confences i mean sec is weak!!.....and they cant even win......Wac or maybe Alantic 10

lol Florida will be right with Kentucky in the NIT pal.. No use to talk.. :lmao:
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:This coming from a Florida fan who lost to UK once this year, and still hasn't even secured a NCAA tourney spot.. Oh and also went to the NIT last year.

yeah man, Florida is one of the first four out on bracketology right now :thatsfunn So yeah, they'll most likely be NIT Bound..
Are you seriously ok with just a 20 win season and no tourney appearance Stardust, if so then you suck as a UK fan. You are also wrong about even the elite teams cant or dont win 20 games a year, I dont see UNC, Duke, UCLA, UCONN, etc....having trouble winning more than 20 a year. Yeah I know UNC struggled the few years Matt Doherty was there but that was expected and he was a coach like UK has now, he didnt have a clue of what he was doing. For anyone to be satisfied with this season is nuts and you shouldnt be allowed to cheer for UK. The best player coming in next season is Orton and even I worry about him after he had the knee surgery. Hood isnt anything special and neither is Vilarino. This class coming in is nothing like the Rondo, Crawford, Morris and Bradley class of 2004, and even classes before that one were better than whats coming in next season. Lee Todd, Barnhardt and gillispie should all be fired and bring back some kentucky flavor, people that know the importance and history of UK basketball.
The better team won.
They couldn't miss and we couldn't throw one in the ocean if we were standing on a beach, that's what it boils down to for me.
Congrats LSU. Facts are facts, LSU is better then Kentucky.
mrfootball03 Wrote:WHOA.. are you serious dude?.. Not even hardly.. Only thing decent is Orton.. You think it was better than Rondo's recruiting class with three mcdonalds all americans?.. You have got to be kidding me.. Theres 5-6 classes that were better than this year.. Even Gillispies first class was better with Patterson..

so that was Gillespies class??? get a clue
I dont see why Gillespie keeps taking Meeks out, just because he is strugling for a little bit does not mean to take him out. once you take a player out and set him on the bench, he is going to be cold when you put him back in, thats what happen today. Leave the best player on the court regardless what the case is. Coach G can not coach worth a crap, im not a big fan of UK but thats how I see it. even if they keep Gillespie there, Uk will continue to struggle until they learn the fundamentals of the game, Turnover after Turnover, not boxing out and getting rebounds. Kentucky has alot of work to do and some recruiting to do. Good luck to the cats in the NIT and to next year!!
Pages: 1 2