Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: A look at a blueblood on the bubble - espn article
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/columns/st...id=3967418

really interesting article from espn.
I would post the whole thing on here, but its really long.
Theres also an interesting part where it says Barnhart is supposed to have a meeting with Gillispie at the end of the season. And theres rumors powerful people have called wanting Billy Gs job.

I know its long, but read the whole thing.
:Thumbs:
All depends on what happens in the SEC tournament.

But I will say this. For those wanting Billy G's head and asking for Tubby back, it clearly states that in each of Tubby's last 2 seasons UK finished 9-7 in league play, so before you put everything on Billy G take a look at Tubby as well.

UK is a mess and most of it is the talent, or lack there of, on the court.

We'll be back!
awesome article i read the whole thing maybe if everyone does i think they won't want BCG's head as much cause he isn't trying to avoid things just just has one mind set BASKETBALL.(isn't always good basketball though) just for any remarks that i'm getting ready for cause i know they're coming.
I was going to post this. I think its a very interesting read. It makes you feel sorry for these poor teenagers for the most part, with the whole state on their shoulders. They are just kids, and have this overwhelming pressure. I hope Billy G stays and I think he will. I think Barnhart may discuss his attitude towards things, moreso than his job. I give him until the end of next season and then thats it.
It is the lap of luxury, a place to sit back, relax and forget the troubles of the bluegrass as the plane gains altitude.
Or not.
About halfway into the flight the pilot comes over the speaker to update his passengers on their trip.
"We're about 40 minutes outside of Gainesville, flying over Athens, Georgia, right now,'' he intones.
Athens, Georgia, home to the University of Georgia.
Even the friendly skies offer no escape.
Afternoon_Delight Wrote:All depends on what happens in the SEC tournament.

But I will say this. For those wanting Billy G's head and asking for Tubby back, it clearly states that in each of Tubby's last 2 seasons UK finished 9-7 in league play, so before you put everything on Billy G take a look at Tubby as well.

We'll be back!

Yeah tubby lost 14 games combined in his last 2 SEC seasons, but 4 of them were against Florida, need i remind anyone that they won an NCAA title both years.
I think the majority of fans are not blaming the kids. We all understand and try to support the players. Its the coach the majority has a problem with.
Thats true, but you can imagine, when you're a player out there, you know you're going to feel responsible when the score is coming up short. Despite everyone calling for BCG's head, I'm sure they feel it's their fault, because they are the ones playing.
JMO
I honestly dont think the players feel it is their fault. They play the best that they can for this ******* and his system and he still blames them and not himself. If barnhardt were a smart man, and I doubt that very much, he would send billy g on his merry little way and bring in someone that actually knows what they are doing. If he doesnt, the brass at UK should send his sorry *** packing along with billy.
I still feel like we need to at least give him another year. I know the first two years are bad, but we need to be patient. If we went to tournament, and lost in the first round we would still be wanting him fired.
Afternoon_Delight Wrote:All depends on what happens in the SEC tournament.

We'll be back!

A man of reason, GREAT Post :1:
cougarpride08 Wrote:I still feel like we need to at least give him another year. I know the first two years are bad, but we need to be patient. If we went to tournament, and lost in the first round we would still be wanting him fired.

:Thumbs: