Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Meeks Returning?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Lexington Herald reports;

Meeks returning?

When asked about the possibility he'll enter the 2009 NBA Draft after this season, Meeks seemed to say he will return to Kentucky for his senior season.

"I haven't thought about it at all," he said of the NBA Draft. " ... For now, I'm thinking of the SEC Tournament. And I plan to come back for my senior year.

"To answer your question, I don't think about the next level at all right now."
Thats proabally one of the best things I have heard all day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That is good news to hear if he really is going to stay.
Now we just need Patterson to stay and find us a point guard that can RUN the team..... along with another scorer or two
Navajo4life Wrote:Now we just need Patterson to stay and find us a point guard that can RUN the team..... along with another scorer or two

Well you my friend will get just that. Kentucky has a good chance next year at bringing home number 8 I have said it a million times before but if Meeks and Patterson stay then :yikes: 8 will feel great!
That's good news.
:1: only thing thats excited me about UK basketball in a month:worthy: someone is watching over us if he stick to his gunsTongueirateSho and i believe he will. also with him staying and patterson being his roommate he'll stay til meeks leaves. we actually have intelligent players coming in next year. hopefully the turn around begins:rockon:
I'm not excited yet. When have you EVER heard a college player, with more college games, say he was leaving for the NBA. It's doesn't happen, nor should it. I would have been ticked as a UK fan to hear that he said he was considering anything other than his next college basketball game! This as an old media question, that is answered exactly the same way every time. Let's see what his comments are in April before we get too excited.
I also want to add that if this is true then lets take this good news and build off of it!!!!!!!!!!
Stardust Wrote:I'm not excited yet. When have you EVER heard a college player, with more college games, say he was leaving for the NBA. It's doesn't happen, nor should it. I would have been ticked as a UK fan to hear that he said he was considering anything other than his next college basketball game! This as an old media question, that is answered exactly the same way every time. Let's see what his comments are in April before we get too excited.
you broke my heart..now i'm back reality :zzz:
I've never thought Jodie will leave, this only helps solidify my opinion........ stardust does have a solid point though.
beasy_bo Wrote:you broke my heart..now i'm back reality :zzz:

:igiveup: lol. I just want to wait until April. I personally think that Jodie can enhance his game with another year in college, but I personally have no problem is he accepts a payday that I will never see in my lifetime.
Stardust Wrote::igiveup: lol. I just want to wait until April. I personally think that Jodie can enhance his game with another year in college, but I personally have no problem is he accepts a payday that I will never see in my lifetime.
:thumpsup: hey ever man has his need and money is definitely one of them especially now a days. i heard him talking prior to this that he really he wanted his degree for a plan B and for self accomplishment
beasy_bo Wrote::thumpsup: hey ever man has his need and money is definitely one of them especially now a days. i heard him talking prior to this that he really he wanted his degree for a plan B and for self accomplishment

I believe that too. I think that Jodie is very well rounded and understands that there will be life after Basketball. Selfishly, I want to see him back in a UK uniform for another year.
Well, Louisville just let Earl Clark celebrate senior night and he is only a junior because he said that he was entering the NBA draft.. He's actually looking ahead and I think that they still have a lot of basketball to play in Louisville
Navajo4life Wrote:Well, Louisville just let Earl Clark celebrate senior night and he is only a junior because he said that he was entering the NBA draft.. He's actually looking ahead and I think that they still have a lot of basketball to play in Louisville

I don't get your point
Navajo4life Wrote:Well, Louisville just let Earl Clark celebrate senior night and he is only a junior because he said that he was entering the NBA draft.. He's actually looking ahead and I think that they still have a lot of basketball to play in Louisville
:please: i thought this was about meeks.
Stardust Wrote:I'm not excited yet. When have you EVER heard a college player, with more college games, say he was leaving for the NBA. It's doesn't happen, nor should it. I would have been ticked as a UK fan to hear that he said he was considering anything other than his next college basketball game! This as an old media question, that is answered exactly the same way every time. Let's see what his comments are in April before we get too excited.

But didn't this happen with Mashburn? If I am wrong, someone correct me.

On that year's Senior Night rather than recognizing him before the game with the senior class (since he wasn't a senior), Mashburn was recognized after the game since it would be his last year at UK.

So I don't think you can say it doesn't happen.
ComfortEagle Wrote:But didn't this happen with Mashburn? If I am wrong, someone correct me.

On that year's Senior Night rather than recognizing him before the game with the senior class (since he wasn't a senior), Mashburn was recognized after the game since it would be his last year at UK.

So I don't think you can say it doesn't happen.

Mashburn had indeed announced that he was leaving, and Pitino has said early that year he should go. This was a situation where it was well known that a player was leaving. At this time of the season (March, with only a few games left in the season), underclassmen with potential to leave are always asked this question. PP has been asked this question, and he has not commented with the exception of saying he will consider all options at the end of the season. That's what they should be saying at the very end of the season.

Excellent quote.... :Thumbs:

And also, who really thinks Meeks is going Pro anyway?
I don't think either of them are ready. But those many zeros at the end of your payday have got to be tempting.
To me I think that those guys might say "If we don't make the tournament, and they don't fire Billy G, then they will go. I hope they don't. Meeks has had one good year. I really think he needs another year to rise his draft status. Patterson is a injury prone player. He needs one good healthy year before he goes to the NBA.
Azibuke is a perfect example of someone who should have stayed that extra year.

Hopefully Meeks and Patterson will take a lesson from Prince and even Hansborough and stay for the senior season to work on your game, have your stock rise, and help the team who gave you a chance.

Until next season begins I believe nothing regarding players staying or going.
We need him to stay very badly
If this is in fact the truth from him, then I like it, but even if it is, the problem would still exist, in gillispie. Until hes gone, it doesnt matter who stays, goes, comes or whatever, UK will still play they way they played this year.
Good news.
Meeks needs help working on his ball handeling if he wants to play in the NBA. PP needs to play consistant and stay injury free for a season or teams will look at him like another Sam Bowie or here of late Greg Oden.
C.Clair Wrote:Meeks needs help working on his ball handeling if he wants to play in the NBA. PP needs to play consistant and stay injury free for a season or teams will look at him like another Sam Bowie or here of late Greg Oden.

Sam Bowie is a great example!
I hope he returns Uk would really be able to make noise next year if him and Patterson comes back i think
This is great news for Kentucky.
Pages: 1 2