Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: If UK wins tourney?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If UK can pull something out of their:moon: and win SEC tourney. Does it knock out another SEC team thats on the bubble?
No, UK was already in the picture for the NCAA as of a week ago. Their losses put a Mid-Major in the tournament, thus it would be that mid-major (like a Creighton) that must hope that UK does not make a run in the SEC tourney.
Personally, I feel it could possibly knock out Florida or South Carolina if UK wins it and if either one of those teams displays a poor peformance.
BaseballIsLife Wrote:Personally, I feel it could possibly knock out Florida or South Carolina if UK wins it and if either one of those teams displays a poor peformance.

I'm 1/2 agreeing :biggrin: If both perform well, both are in, no matter what UK does. SEC as it stands now would send 4 teams. I think if either Florida or USC loses badly in the first round, they are out. If they win their first round games and play decently their second round, they are in no matter what. I still feel UK knocks out a mid-major versus another SEC team, and that based on history with the selection committee when it comes to the big conferences. As well as the SEC teams travel, which you and I know plays a factor (no matter what the committee says), they will put as many SEC teams in as possible.
If Kentucky does win the tournament what seed do you guys see them being?? It will be weird seeing them with a very bad seed but it will be better than a 1 seed in the NIT.
Stardust Wrote:I'm 1/2 agreeing :biggrin: If both perform well, both are in, no matter what UK does. SEC as it stands now would send 4 teams. I think if either Florida or USC loses badly in the first round, they are out. If they win their first round games and play decently their second round, they are in no matter what. I still feel UK knocks out a mid-major versus another SEC team, and that based on history with the selection committee when it comes to the big conferences. As well as the SEC teams travel, which you and I know plays a factor (no matter what the committee says), they will put as many SEC teams in as possible.
:Thumbs: i think other teams have to knock themselves out of the tourney instead of UK doing it. they would be about an 13 or 14 seed if they actually made it!
devilhorns05 Wrote:If Kentucky does win the tournament what seed do you guys see them being?? It will be weird seeing them with a very bad seed but it will be better than a 1 seed in the NIT.

beasy_bo Wrote::Thumbs: i think other teams have to knock themselves out of the tourney instead of UK doing it. they would be about an 13 or 14 seed if they actually made it!

No, I don't think they will be that low, that is if they win the SEC tournament. I can't imagine a team that wins their conference tournament being any lower than a 10 seed. Though I don't have the interest to research, my guess is a Major conference tournament champion, regardless of overall record is no lower than an 8 actually. Anyone think of anything to the contrary?
Stardust Wrote:No, I don't think they will be that low, that is if they win the SEC tournament. I can't imagine a team that wins their conference tournament being any lower than a 10 seed. Though I don't have the interest to research, my guess is a Major conference tournament champion, regardless of overall record is no lower than an 8 actually. Anyone think of anything to the contrary?
i just see it being hard to put UK especially above a ten thats the highest personally with their performance to end the season. i just see other teams from major conferences that have played theirselves into it get'n the 8 and 9 seeds you know what mean?
Stardust Wrote:No, I don't think they will be that low, that is if they win the SEC tournament. I can't imagine a team that wins their conference tournament being any lower than a 10 seed. Though I don't have the interest to research, my guess is a Major conference tournament champion, regardless of overall record is no lower than an 8 actually. Anyone think of anything to the contrary?

Georgia won the SEC Tournament last year. They were a 14 seed =)
gaored Wrote:Georgia won the SEC Tournament last year. They were a 14 seed =)

don't seeinh them put UK that low just cause we actually had a bubble team season and georgia reallu didn't last year
UK just is not that good and will not win the SEC....I would like to see them in the NIT where they can at least compete....This team is just not very good.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:UK just is not that good and will not win the SEC....I would like to see them in the NIT where they can at least compete....This team is just not very good.

I agree with you 100%. Uk will have to pull there best performance to win the SEC.
beasy_bo Wrote:If UK can pull something out of their:moon: and win SEC tourney. Does it knock out another SEC team thats on the bubble?

DONT WORRY ITS NOT HAPPENING
As much as i would love to see UK win the SEC tournament, i know it is not going to happen. We can not play consistently game after game to win the SEC tournament.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:UK just is not that good and will not win the SEC....I would like to see them in the NIT where they can at least compete....This team is just not very good.

well Louisville beat them in the ville (big joke) i loved the play Rick drew up to beat us. Dont count out Cats yet remember this us KY the greatest
program in the history of the game we dont need fro that other school tell us it cant happen..... go big blue,,,,,,,,,,,
Cleveland State may have knocked one out anyway.
theVILLE Wrote:DONT WORRY ITS NOT HAPPENING

Stranger things have happened. And your just sayin that because your a ville fan.
Cleveland St was a shocker.