Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: UK vs Florida Updates
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This team is horrible. Turnover after turnover. Galloway throws the ball away.

The offense looks scared and can't get it inside. This may be ugly.
18-8 Florida...

Miller stripped because he wasn't taking care of the ball.
This team IS horrible. Probably the worst team with all the raw talent we have that I've ever seen. God I hope Billy G gets fired. I bet you Tubby haters feel a little sick to your stomach. Tubby would have never this happen.
We cant even make open shots PP is the only one out there trying
vundy33 Wrote:This team IS horrible. Probably the worst team with all the raw talent we have that I've ever seen. God I hope Billy G gets fired. I bet you Tubby haters feel a little sick to your stomach. Tubby would have never this happen.

You have no clue what you're talking about. Tubby let it happen just as much. Remember the Kansas blowout? We lost quite a bit with Tubby as coach. This team is horrible because they can't play and they don't get along. That is Billy G's fault.

Yes this isn't what we're used to but this team has very little talent. A lot of you all put unrealistic expectations for this team which when they didn't produce people feel let down.

I say wait till next year to judge him.

This teams problem is turnovers which is 100% not the coaches fault. You going to blame Billy G on Patterson not making shots as well?
vundy33 Wrote:This team IS horrible. Probably the worst team with all the raw talent we have that I've ever seen. God I hope Billy G gets fired. I bet you Tubby haters feel a little sick to your stomach. Tubby would have never this happen.

The bottom line is this, Tubby got us in this mess and Billy G isn't the man to get us out.
Both these teams are horrible.
I don't think I can bear to much more of this.
I have a TV right in front of me and it is OFF.
jetpilot Wrote:I have a TV right in front of me and it is OFF.
Then you're not a true UK fan...So get rid of that UK emblem below your name.:Thumbs:
10 turnovers for UK thus far..
Afternoon_Delight Wrote:You going to blame Billy G on Patterson not making shots as well?

Greg Anthony already put the blame on Gillespie when he said our offensive sets are basically terrible, but I guess that's not really coach's fault. Oh yeah, Patterson is the only reason we're in this game right now.

Darius Miller is the worst defender we have.
blackcat Wrote:Greg Anthony already put the blame on Gillespie when he said our offensive sets are basically terrible, but I guess that's not really coach's fault. Oh yeah, Patterson is the only reason we're in this game right now.

Darius Miller is the worst defender we have.
:lmao:

I hope you're joking because he is one of the better defenders we have..

And Kentucky can not get into an offensive set because we don't have a true PG to handle the ball against the Florida pressure. I'm not saying Billy G isn't at fault for anything but not as much as everyone makes it seem.

1. Team is horrible, little talent.
2. Questionable shot selection by players
3. Average 18 turnovers a game.
4. Meeks feels forced to score which = forced shots in late game situations.
5. Tension building between players shows on court.

So Billy G has some blame with substitutions, starting lineups, benching players, etc. But he is far from the problem that is UK basketball right now. Once we can get Harris, Porter, Carter, Stewart, etc. off the team and get Ferguson, Orton, etc then UK will start the shine once again.
Afternoon_Delight Wrote::lmao:

I hope you're joking because he is one of the better defenders we have..

And Kentucky can not get into an offensive set because we don't have a true PG to handle the ball against the Florida pressure. I'm not saying Billy G isn't at fault for anything but not as much as everyone makes it seem.

1. Team is horrible, little talent.
2. Questionable shot selection by players
3. Average 18 turnovers a game.
4. Meeks feels forced to score which = forced shots in late game situations.
5. Tension building between players shows on court.

So Billy G has some blame with substitutions, starting lineups, benching players, etc. But he is far from the problem that is UK basketball right now. Once we can get Harris, Porter, Carter, Stewart, etc. off the team and get Ferguson, Orton, etc then UK will start the shine once again.

:please: What does Miller do that makes him a good defender? He's been lost all year on defense, plays like his feet are stuck in cement and I'm pretty sure a turtle could go back door on him. Only thing that he has going for him is his length which allows him to block a shot every now and then.

I know that the talent of this team is nothing more than average, but Gillespie is one of the highest paid coaches in college basketball, and he's paid to coach, which he can't do. No doubt we'll be a tough team when we get some of these players out and some new solid recruits in, but with his offensive and defensive mind set, I don't see it making much of a difference.
blackcat Wrote::please: What does Miller do that makes him a good defender? He's been lost all year on defense, plays like his feet are stuck in cement and I'm pretty sure a turtle could go back door on him. Only thing that he has going for him is his length which allows him to block a shot every now and then.

I know that the talent of this team is nothing more than average, but Gillespie is one of the highest paid coaches in college basketball, and he's paid to coach, which he can't do. No doubt we'll be a tough team when we get some of these players out and some new solid recruits in, but with his offensive and defensive mind set, I don't see it making much of a difference.

Then go bandwagon another team.
Both teams are pretty awful, IMO.
Im personally changing the channel right now.
These players on this team are stupid...They have no basketball IQ. Dumb decisions and no shooters.
Little 5-0 run by UK lead down to 7 for Florida.
I still have a bit of faith left..
Afternoon_Delight Wrote:Then you're not a true UK fan...So get rid of that UK emblem below your name.:Thumbs:

That is so lame. :please:
Seriously?? A timeout with 2.6 seconds?
Who Wants To Go To Jessamine Co. And Start Putting Up For Sale Signs???
Did Kentucky play today?
Afternoon_Delight Wrote:Then go bandwagon another team.

Yeah that's exactly what I'll do. :lmao:
Stardust Wrote:Did Kentucky play today?

No Florida did for a few minutes though:lmao: