Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bob Huggins
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ive never been a fan of huggins never thought he was a good coach but he has done wonders with a very average team in a tough conference. be interesting to see what he may do there when he starts getting some players
Fourth active winningiest coach. He may not be liked for his interviews, but he is one of the best there is.

1.Mike Krzyzewski - Duke: 826
2.Jim Calhoun - Connecticut: 800
3.Jim Boeheim - Syracuse: 791
4.Bob Huggins - West Virginia: 635
5.Tom Penders - Houston: 625
6.Gary Williams - Maryland: 621
7.Homer Drew - Valparaiso: 601
8.Roy Williams - North Carolina: 584
9.Bo Ryan - Wisconsin: 573
10.Mike Montgomery - California: 568
11.Ben Braun - Rice: 565
12.Rick Byrd - Belmont: 559
13.Larry Hunter - Western Carolina: 558
14.Cliff Ellis - Coastal Carolina: 558
15.Pat Douglass - UC Irvine: 557
16.Rick Pitino - Louisville: 543
17.Bobby Cremins - College of Charleston: 514
18.John Beilein - Michigan: 504
19.Stew Morrill - Utah State: 481
20.Dave Bike - Sacred Heart: 478
just dont like the way he gets on officials and the f word flying out of his mouth
STEELERNATION Wrote:just dont like the way he gets on officials and the f word flying out of his mouth

You mean like Coach K & Bobby Knight. Sit courtside and I dare say that most every coach in the country uses excessive profanity. I seen many, and many say stuff that you wouldn't want to wife to hear. I have had the privelage to sit courtside for many UC games, and Huggs is no worse than anyone else.
I don't condone it, but to state your case on on the F word, then you would probably have a pretty small list of coaches to like.

As for riding refs, it's a game. Again, if you are not going to like a coach for that part of the game, there would not be many to like. What I loved about being a UC attendee for so long was to watch how Huggs and the ref's would be like best friends before a game, but from the time of the tip on, Huggs rode them constantly. By the end of the game, UC would get the calls. Some coaches are good at it. Knight was the best.

There are very few Roy Williams in the game.
not a big fan. hes ok though.