Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Perry Co. Central 56 - Knott Co. Central 54 (OT) - 14th Region Tourney
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Final

...Perry Central defeats Knott Co. in great game 56-54 in overtime. I'll post full linescore when comes out if nobody else has in 14th region thread. Jordan Amis had 17 and Deron Amis and Maggard each 13 for Perry Central and Noble 6. Leading way for Knott Co. Stamper had 20 points. They scored late 3 to send to overtime but played it without Stamper,Cox and Caudill who all had fouled out as had Deron Amis for Perry Central. Huge win for Perry Central who defeated Knott Co. 3 out of 4 times. Tonight overflow crowd at Powell Co. in biggest game yet for these clubs since region elimination game. Perry Central looks to have a good road to finals facing winner of Estill County and Wolfe County. Hazard also rated in top 3 teams in region plays Letcher Central club that is playing great basketball lately defeating Knott Central in district finals by 9 points and 14 point win over Breathitt Co. though had much bigger lead before played lot of subs and Breathitt outscored 17 in last quarter.
congrats PCC
this game is alot like i thought it would be. the score was a little low so i bet the defenses were pretty on both sides. kcc keep your heads up sounds like you played a heck of a game. and pcc good luck and go take region.
Congrats PCC!

I got the pick this time!
Did PCC have anybody foul out or did KCC have the only kids foul out?
Doctor J Wrote:Did PCC have anybody foul out or did KCC have the only kids foul out?

Deron Amis fouled out for PCC
OUTSTANDING GAME!!! Both teams played hard but the Amis's of Perry showed up tonight and played great. Good game Patriots. GO MY DORES
Perry Central ON THE ROAD TO [COLOR="Red"][COLOR="Blue"]RUPP ARENA[/COLOR][/COLOR]
Congrats PCC
Wow , looks like this was a great game to be at
Congrats PCC!!
Awesome game!...congrats Dores and good season Knott..
I am wrong once again in this matchup!

Congrats to the Amis's on great games and to PCC on the win!

Good luck to 'Dores!
Congrats PCC, I said earlier in the year that PCC had Knott's number.
Congrats PCC. great atmosphere to be in for a high school basketball game. there was standing room only in powell co. tonight!!!
great game by both teams. boring at times. but still good. questionable calls on both ends. the refs had an impact on both teams momentum. knott lost this game at the free throw line. perry couldnt make a free throw either, but got an offensive rebound almost every time. knott has no one to blame but themselves for this loss. free throws win ball games. id hate to see how bad perry out rebounded the bigger knott team. perry just wanted it more. good luck next season knott. and good luck to perry.
Congrats Commodores. Great Effort from the Pats. It was a awesome game but some questionables calls on both ends but I hope to see Amburgey back for the Patriots next season!
cincycat23 Wrote:great game by both teams. boring at times. but still good. questionable calls on both ends. the refs had an impact on both teams momentum. knott lost this game at the free throw line. perry couldnt make a free throw either, but got an offensive rebound almost every time. knott has no one to blame but themselves for this loss. free throws win ball games. id hate to see how bad perry out rebounded the bigger knott team. perry just wanted it more. good luck next season knott. and good luck to perry.

it also didnt help that Knott gave PCC too many run-outs at the end of the game and played absolutely no help side defense the entire game. PCC scored way too many unchalenged lay-ups.
cincycat23 Wrote:great game by both teams. boring at times. but still good. questionable calls on both ends. the refs had an impact on both teams momentum. knott lost this game at the free throw line. perry couldnt make a free throw either, but got an offensive rebound almost every time. knott has no one to blame but themselves for this loss. free throws win ball games. id hate to see how bad perry out rebounded the bigger knott team. perry just wanted it more. good luck next season knott. and good luck to perry.

Well Said, PCC did outrebound knott all night, espeically on the free throws down the strech. Good Luck Dores. I just have one question when is the last time a 3 sec in the key was called in the 14th?
wow a good game...pcc is a good team...like to see them and hazard battle it out one more time....
MVP2 Wrote:Well Said, PCC did outrebound knott all night, espeically on the free throws down the strech. Good Luck Dores. I just have one question when is the last time a 3 sec in the key was called in the 14th?

it has been a long time. lol
fanatic11 Wrote:it has been a long time. lol

did'nt they call one tonite?
MVP2 Wrote:Well Said, PCC did outrebound knott all night, espeically on the free throws down the strech. Good Luck Dores. I just have one question when is the last time a 3 sec in the key was called in the 14th?

haha in the 14th? how about all of highschool basketball in every region??? and the smaller amis kid got an and 1 and it was like watching an NBA continuation. but its still kcc's fault they loss. make a free throw numbskulls. maybe work on some block out drills???? perry didnt need to make a free throw cuz they knew they would get the rebound. im disgusted with kcc at the moment.

this dissapoints the one and only MEMPHISTIGER.
memphistiger Wrote:haha in the 14th? how about all of highschool basketball in every region??? and the smaller amis kid got an and 1 and it was like watching an NBA continuation. but its still kcc's fault they loss. make a free throw numbskulls. maybe work on some block out drills???? perry didnt need to make a free throw cuz they knew they would get the rebound. im disgusted with kcc at the moment.

this dissapoints the one and only MEMPHISTIGER.

Id hate to see both teams combined stats from the line
king360 Wrote:did'nt they call one tonite?

he was asking when was the last one before that. :Thumbs:
fanatic11 Wrote:he was asking when was the last one before that. :Thumbs:

Oh sorry..lol..but it had been a while..and I saw Chris Noble walk a country mile and it was'nt called
The PCC-Knott game was a dandy. This was one of those games where it was a shame that someone has to lose. Both teams gave it all they had. I didn't have a Dawg in this race and I still thought I was going to have a heart attack when Knott hit the 3 at the last second to tie it up and go into overtime. Congrats to PCC on the win and to Knott for playing a great game and having an awesome season!
king360 Wrote:Id hate to see both teams combined stats from the line

yeah it was bad. but like i said, didnt matter for perry cuz they know how to rebound. and knott helped themselves by fouling amis out. and then hurt themselves by not trying to go at the other amis kid to foul him out. heck, kcc helped him stay in the game. you might think everyone who plays perry might use the gameplan of going at those guys to get them in foul trouble cuz they only have those 5 players that are threats. but we can see amburgey didnt put much thought into that. oh well, kcc all i have to say is better luck next year, and hopefully you learned a lesson.
Congrats PCC...Officiating was terrible both ways. Kcc didn't seem to really care if they rebounded or not.
This was the best game I've watched this year, both teams left what they had on the floor. Perry County has speed to an outstanding level. I think if Knott would have gathered in rebounds a little more in this game there could have been a different outcome. The three to put it in to overtime was as clutch as it gets, defender in Bartrum's face and nails it in the final seconds. This game was a dandy. The atmosphere was great, couldn't have been better, gym was packed tonight. Great season for the Pats, good luck PCC.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14