Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: I'm looking for a new team....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
:please: HELP ME

[SIZE="3"][SIZE="4"]I was an avid University of Kentucky Basketball fan, but based on the number of threads and posts that I have seen on Bluegrass Rivals, it appears that I need to look for a new team to cheer for. My OLD favorite team has hit rock-bottom, and appears to have fallen off the face of the Basketball World. It saddens me because of how much enjoyment and pride that I have carried for that team over the years.

I bring a lot of love and commitment to a deserving team, and have shown a loyalty to stay strong even during the bleakest of times. I will defend my new favorite team and will be very forgiving to those fans who may not share my same devotion. I will be in it for the long hall, and not expect short-term solutions that may not meet with my approval.

I can expect that my new favorite coach may make decisions that are contrary to what I feel he should have done, but I will be very patient and not begrudge his Multi-Million dollar contract. Though I will have high expectations for my new favorite players, I will realize that each are Student Athletes first and none are being paid for their performances yet. They may disappoint me at various times, but I will be very understanding that the are not purposefully trying to make me lose hours of sleep after a crushing defeat at the hands of an unworthy opponent.

I am in need of this new team very soon (before Tuesday March 17th), so please reply to me who I can call my new "Favorite Team". All of your thoughts and suggestions will be very much appreciated.

Thank you,

SD[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux.
I am committed to the Kentucky Wildcat program. They are the alpha and omega of the college sports for me. I will never turn my back on them or betray them, regardless of how much they slip up(due to a bad coaching hire).

As humans we demonstrate emotions for things we love. I love the Kentucky program and it pains me to see them in this shape. I will stand by them regardless. I admit I don't like coach G. I think he is a poor coach with a poor personality, however, my dislike for him will not change my passion and love for this program. This program and it's tradition was here long before Coach G, and will be here after he is gone.

It's not the players I dislike its the coach. And these student athletes are well compensated compared to normal students. They get to go to school for free, they live in luxury dormitories, they eat free, they are pampered, and they receive celebrity status around the state and even sometimes the nation, which often leads to some good career opportunities after college.

I know you were being sarcastic with your post. But there is no need to look for a new team. Coach G will only be here one more year at most, and hopefully we can then land a superstar coach with years of experience, that is proven. A coach that is capable of turning this program around.

Coach is paid millions to win games and represent the university with class. He is failing miserably in both of those aspects.
torQQue Wrote:I am committed to the Kentucky Wildcat program. They are the alpha and omega of the college sports for me. I will never turn my back on them or betray them, regardless of how much they slip up(due to a bad coaching hire).

As humans we demonstrate emotions for things we love. I love the Kentucky program and it pains me to see them in this shape. I will stand by them regardless. I admit I don't like coach G. I think he is a poor coach with a poor personality, however, my dislike for him will not change my passion and love for this program. This program and it's tradition was here long before Coach G, and will be here after he is gone.

It's not the players I dislike its the coach. And these student athletes are well compensated compared to normal students. They get to go to school for free, they live in luxury dormitories, they eat free, they are pampered, and they receive celebrity status around the state and even sometimes the nation, which often leads to some good career opportunities after college.

I know you were being sarcastic with your post. But there is no need to look for a new team. Coach G will only be here one more year at most, and hopefully we can then land a superstar coach with years of experience, that is proven. A coach that is capable of turning this program around.

Coach is paid millions to win games and represent the university with class. He is failing miserably in both of those aspects.

Couldn't have said it better myself!!! :Thumbs:
Stardust Wrote::please: HELP ME

[SIZE=4]I was an avid University of Kentucky Basketball fan, but based on the number of threads and posts that I have seen on Bluegrass Rivals, it appears that I need to look for a new team to cheer for. My OLD favorite team has hit rock-bottom, and appears to have fallen off the face of the Basketball World. It saddens me because of how much enjoyment and pride that I have carried for that team over the years.

I bring a lot of love and commitment to a deserving team, and have shown a loyalty to stay strong even during the bleakest of times. I will defend my new favorite team and will be very forgiving to those fans who may not share my same devotion. I will be in it for the long hall, and not expect short-term solutions that may not meet with my approval.

I can expect that my new favorite coach may make decisions that are contrary to what I feel he should have done, but I will be very patient and not begrudge his Multi-Million dollar contract. Though I will have high expectations for my new favorite players, I will realize that each are Student Athletes first and none are being paid for their performances yet. They may disappoint me at various times, but I will be very understanding that the are not purposefully trying to make me lose hours of sleep after a crushing defeat at the hands of an unworthy opponent.

I am in need of this new team very soon (before Tuesday March 17th), so please reply to me who I can call my new "Favorite Team". All of your thoughts and suggestions will be very much appreciated.

Thank you,

SD
[/SIZE]

some of us don't like to tolerate taking steps backward. There is no reason why this team couldn't or better yet shouldn't be about 23-7, NCAA bound.. Never should have lost to VMI, Vanderbilt, one of the SC games, or Georgia.. A team should continue to get better. This one doesn't, it keeps getting worse. You guys who are defending Coach Gillispie, are beating down these players. So don't say your this great big blue fan. We might not have the talent to win it all, or to compete with Carolina, Pitt, UConn, and such. But these boys are good enough to win the SEC. We have some good players, and 2 awesome ones. A good coach could use what he has, and make the best of it, Billy just hasn't. And if you say he has, thats a slap in the face to the players, because you are saying that they suck that bad, and they dont. You guy act like we had absolutely nothing here when Billy came. To hear you guys tell it, its like we just started a basketball team. Remember, Tubby only lost 10 games @ Rupp his whole career at UK. With those sucky players everyone talks about. I'm not saying he shouldn't be gone, just that we shouldn't have hired a guy who wasn't even on the same level.
mrfootball03 Wrote:some of us don't like to tolerate taking steps backward. There is no reason why this team couldn't or better yet shouldn't be about 23-7, NCAA bound.. Never should have lost to VMI, Vanderbilt, one of the SC games, or Georgia.. A team should continue to get better. This one doesn't, it keeps getting worse. You guys who are defending Coach Gillispie, are beating down these players. So don't say your this great big blue fan. We might not have the talent to win it all, or to compete with Carolina, Pitt, UConn, and such. But these boys are good enough to win the SEC. We have some good players, and 2 awesome ones. A good coach could use what he has, and make the best of it, Billy just hasn't. And if you say he has, thats a slap in the face to the players, because you are saying that they suck that bad, and they dont. You guy act like we had absolutely nothing here when Billy came. To hear you guys tell it, its like we just started a basketball team. Remember, Tubby only lost 10 games @ Rupp his whole career at UK. With those sucky players everyone talks about. I'm not saying he shouldn't be gone, just that we shouldn't have hired a guy who wasn't even on the same level.

:rockon: :worthy: :Clap: :Thumbs: :notworthy That was just too cool. Great Post!
We will accept you as a duke fan =)
We've already had this discussion, SD. :Thumbs:
DeuceUL Wrote:We've already had this discussion, SD. :Thumbs:

I was thinking of you when I wrote it :Thumbs:
Come on SD, You need to bleed blue through the good as well as the bad.
Stardust Wrote:I was thinking of you when I wrote it :Thumbs:

Why was you thinking of Deuce because it must be nice for his team to be winning
mrfootball03 Wrote:some of us don't like to tolerate taking steps backward. There is no reason why this team couldn't or better yet shouldn't be about 23-7, NCAA bound.. Never should have lost to VMI, Vanderbilt, one of the SC games, or Georgia.. A team should continue to get better. This one doesn't, it keeps getting worse. You guys who are defending Coach Gillispie, are beating down these players. So don't say your this great big blue fan. We might not have the talent to win it all, or to compete with Carolina, Pitt, UConn, and such. But these boys are good enough to win the SEC. We have some good players, and 2 awesome ones. A good coach could use what he has, and make the best of it, Billy just hasn't. And if you say he has, thats a slap in the face to the players, because you are saying that they suck that bad, and they dont. You guy act like we had absolutely nothing here when Billy came. To hear you guys tell it, its like we just started a basketball team. Remember, Tubby only lost 10 games @ Rupp his whole career at UK. With those sucky players everyone talks about. I'm not saying he shouldn't be gone, just that we shouldn't have hired a guy who wasn't even on the same level.

Awesome :thanks: :rockon:
torQQue Wrote:I am committed to the Kentucky Wildcat program. They are the alpha and omega of the college sports for me. I will never turn my back on them or betray them, regardless of how much they slip up(due to a bad coaching hire).

:Thumbs: :Clap:
Here is the thing, don't not suffer through pushing the wagon up then hill and want a free ride on the way down.
A true fan will stick with them no matter what. I get so sick of them its not even funny. I get upset because they could be better. I think Billy Clyde could do a much better job than he is. But come Saturday when the Cats are at Gainsville I will be cheering them on like crazy.
Belfry Wins Wrote:Here is the thing, don't not suffer through pushing the wagon up then hill and want a free ride on the way down.
A true fan will stick with them no matter what. I get so sick of them its not even funny. I get upset because they could be better. I think Billy Clyde could do a much better job than he is. But come Saturday when the Cats are at Gainsville I will be cheering them on like crazy.

As will I, I'm just venting, I to will always cheer for the cats.
EKY_Basketball Wrote:As will I, I'm just venting, I to will always cheer for the cats.
I've done plenty of venting over the past few weeks lol.

great post! I usually like SD posts but he is off base to think we should not be questioning Billy's coaching and are poor fans if we think he should be fired. I bleed blue and will cheer with all my heart even if Billy remains the coach the next 10 years(God forbid). I just think he is a bad coach and costs a lot of games the past 2 years. He is a poor representative for the University with the way he talks to the media and fans. UK deserves better!
I have cheered for Kentucky's basketball team too long to give up on them now. The blue and white means a lot to me. However, I agree that this coach is not Kentucky-worthy.
Louisville Cardinals?...sound good?
king360 Wrote:Louisville Cardinals?...sound good?

not at all.

M E M P H I S T I G E R S
London Sillynanies? There was one coach was just the bee knees for Kentucky and he knew it...Rick Pitino... He himself said his worst mistake ever was leaving Kentucky...

But remember we are what drove Tubby Smith off...If we still had Tubby or Rick...We would be about what 27-4, Ranked, and easily get a 2 or 3 seed in the tournament. Now we are not even going to be in the tournament. Much less get a good seed in the NIT. Oh BCG what have you turned this legendary basketball program into? I believe he will be gone after this year.
As intelligent as all of us UK fans are, none of us are going to be open to see that the cupbard was bare, thus:

1. BCG had to convince Tubby's recruits to come here ( and did not get some - but fortunately PP's Mom wanted him somaplace close enough for her to watch his games). BCG had minimal chance to getting many players, and most have already blamed Tubby as such a poor recruiter, which is the primary reason why the UK fans drove Tubby out of here because he did not bring in the blue-chipper's.

2. BCG's style of Basketball is completely different than Tubby's, so this is a complete rebuilding project. BCG did not inherit the kind of player that he has historically been successful, yet we UK fans want to blast him becasue he does not make adjustments, he does not play a different style, etc... Yet, he has had ONE recruiting class to attempt to completely change the basketball team from what it was to what it will be.

And here the UK fan sits saying he is a complete failure! Guy's, take a BOAT and convert it to a TRUCK. How long will it take to get it the Boat looks and runs like a Truck. I love being a UK fan, and I am patient enough to give him the ebnefit of the doubt that he has started to get the pieces to make change. Just as the UK administration is smart enough to see that they hired someone who is completely revamping a program. Everyone wanted a Cookie Cutter coach, a chamelion, that could come in and not miss a beat. Yet knowone here remembers that when BCG was hired, it was said he coaches a different brand of Basketball. If he coaches a different brand of Basketball, then it tells me he coaches a different type of player. That type of player was obviously not here.

Now UK fans want to blame him because his Freshman class is not putting out like other Freshman around the country. Well we don't have any freshman that are going to be on anyone's "Freshman of the Year" awards list, but consider the amount of playing time that our Freshman get. I'd say our Freshman have done pretty well for themselves. Not superstars, but contributors. No worse than 99% of the rest of the colleges (327) in the country, because it is only 1% of the collges that have the "Freshman of the Year" potential player on their team.

I'm willing to see if the Boat can be changed to a Truck. I am in hopes that the UK administration is not trigger happy to make the mistake of not allowing BCG to complete his contract. And I look forward to BCG putting the Cats back on top, just like every other program that he has been at and put his style player in situations to win.
I agree with SD. I think BCG if given at least 2 more years will put UK back on top.As everbody on here probably knows I am not a UK fan! But i have always said you will be back on top. SO ALL UK FANS CHEER UP ITS JUST A MATTER OF TIME BEFORE YOU ARE BACK ON THE TOP OF THE HEAP!! Much to the dismay of all non UK fans!!!!!
lil dog Wrote:I agree with SD. I think BCG if given at least 2 more years will put UK back on top.As everbody on here probably knows I am not a UK fan! But i have always said you will be back on top. SO ALL UK FANS CHEER UP ITS JUST A MATTER OF TIME BEFORE YOU ARE BACK ON THE TOP OF THE HEAP!! Much to the dismay of all non UK fans!!!!!

Nice post.

I am at least willing to give BCG the chance to graduate his own class before calling for his head. Since the Patterson class was not his, it's the Miller/Galloway class that we should expect as Seniors to have UK back in the title contention discussions. If not, then I could understand the questioning of his hire, but right now, it's just too early.