Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pretend That You Are Mitch Barnhart
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Lets say your in Mitch Barnhardt's (UK Athletic Director) shoes, would you fire Billy Gillispie after this season?
Since BCG's working under a memo of understanding, could Mitch just not renew it? I swore coach wouldn't sign a contract until he felt he might not be asked back, so he may actuall do it now. But Mitch probably won't do anything until it's his butt's that is feeling the heat. A lot of player defections & another NIT bid (or worse, a losing season) next year could get both of them fired.
No Id give him 4 years. Let him get a couple classes of his recuiting in there and lets see what he can do.
Even though I'd be tempted with Mr. Knight.
Nope, but I would fire the fans if I could :biggrin:
YES i would fire him, not just because he can't coach but all the problems he has with the media and he seems to me like he doesn't enjoy coaching at UK. I wouldn't be surprised if he resigned at the end of the season. He needs a few lessons in PR. I listened to his post game show last night and he just talks in circles he makes no sense at all and he kind of jumped on Tom Leach a little. He's a nut.
Stardust Wrote:Nope, but I would fire the fans if I could :biggrin:

Great post, could not have been better said!!!!!!!!!!:Thumbs:
I'd give him one more year, and if things haven't changed, then go for John Pelphry
Mr.Mister Wrote:I'd give him one more year, and if things haven't changed, then go for John Pelphry

John Pelphry reminds me of a little Billy G on training wheels. NO way would I go with him. He has not proven himself to be a good coach.
Let's say Barnhardt does get rid of Gillispie after this season, will it really set UK back? It is possible, but I certainly don't think so because of the possibility that you could land a few more major recruits pending on who you hire as the new head coach. For example, Alabama football. They go through several mediocre seasons (coincidence?) and through a few coaches then they hire Nick Saban, who in his second season takes the 'Tide to a BCS Bowl game. Something like that is very possible at Kentucky, but it depends on who we hire.

Just a thought.
I would consider firing him if Kentucky doesn't make the NCAA Tournament. Without winning the SEC Tournament, I don't see any other way Kentucky can make it. I could be wrong, but things don't look good going into Gainsivlle this weekend.

I guess you can say for the first time, Gillispie is on the "hot seat"!
Calipari should be the coach here no questions asked. Give him whatever kind of money he wants.
BCF4L Wrote:Calipari should be the coach here no questions asked. Give him whatever kind of money he wants.

I would love to see John Calipari at Kentucky. He is one of the top 5 coaches in college basketball, no doubt about it.
I think that it is unfair to assume that he isn't going to succeed. Look at Brooks! Wasn't we ready to have him fired, and look what he did. I say let see what his next two years of recruiting does. Hopefully Meeks, and Patterson wouldn't want to leave to the pro's knowing they left UK in the dark. With them returning, and the recruits next year, I think we should at least give him that. Put yourself in Billy's shoes.
yeah let him stay as long as he is there I dont have to worry about louisville getting beat....HAHAHAHAHAHA:lmao:
Its obvious that Billy Clyde is way oer his head and lets face he was the flavor of the month club hire simply beacuse Donovan wuold not take it. Instaed of improving this team keeps getting worse and the loss to Georgia kills and NCAA tournament hopes. He has created a lot of the promblems by not not geitting rid of Liggins when he refused to not go back in the game and Stewart for quitting the team. Adolph Rupp is turning over in his grave to see what a mess Billy C has made of the program. Fire him and bring in Darrin Horn.:redboxer:
I would get rid of him....
cougarpride08 Wrote:I think that it is unfair to assume that he isn't going to succeed. Look at Brooks! Wasn't we ready to have him fired, and look what he did. I say let see what his next two years of recruiting does. Hopefully Meeks, and Patterson wouldn't want to leave to the pro's knowing they left UK in the dark. With them returning, and the recruits next year, I think we should at least give him that. Put yourself in Billy's shoes.

Rich Brooks doesn't call out his players, he isn't a smartalec with reporters, he actually makes sense when he speaks publicly.

Gillispie does none of the above.
No... give him time.

But, if I were Barnhart I would give him a loooooooooong lecture about his interviewing skills and the lack of respect he has shown media members. His lack of respect for Edwards, his brashness towards fans, the way he jumped at To Leach, and above all else the way he called out his players for the LSU loss are by far the most firable offense so far.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:No... give him time.

But, if I were Barnhart I would give him a loooooooooong lecture about his interviewing skills and the lack of respect he has shown media members. His lack of respect for Edwards, his brashness towards fans, the way he jumped at To Leach, and above all else the way he called out his players for the LSU loss are by far the most firable offense so far.

:rockon: :worthy: :Thumbs: I agree 100%
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Lets say your in Mitch Barnhardt's (UK Athletic Director) shoes, would you fire Billy Gillispie after this season?

YES I would fire him but as a louisville fan I like him there though because louisville wins.... and as far as the thread name... Pretend that you are Mitch Barnhardt... I cant imagine myself that stupid
theVILLE Wrote:YES I would fire him but as a louisville fan I like him there though because louisville wins.... and as far as the thread name... Pretend that you are Mitch Barnhardt... I cant imagine myself that stupid

actually i could!!:lmao: :thatsfunn :Clap: j/k just for stardust!!!!
Got To Go Bye
beasy_bo Wrote:actually i could!!:lmao: :thatsfunn :Clap: j/k just for stardust!!!!

Whatever man :blabbermo
No.
As a Kentucky fan, I can't stand losing as much as the next one. However, the guy isn't even finished with his second year, and we're already bringing up discussions of firing him. I only have one problem with the guy's coaching and that is his stubborness of only playing man to man. I don't see why you don't press from the get go. But, I say, give him another two or three years and see what happens.
I've said three years from the begining so I'll stand by it! If everyone stays next year then we should be looking at a banner imo. Look at Coach K he was an unknown his first few years and people hated him!
No. I would give him three more years.
MisterPerfect Wrote:No. I would give him three more years.

really now?
cougarpride08 Wrote:I think that it is unfair to assume that he isn't going to succeed. Look at Brooks! Wasn't we ready to have him fired, and look what he did. I say let see what his next two years of recruiting does. Hopefully Meeks, and Patterson wouldn't want to leave to the pro's knowing they left UK in the dark. With them returning, and the recruits next year, I think we should at least give him that. Put yourself in Billy's shoes.

It's not just about wins and loses, the guy is a jerk and is bad for PR for the University. I live in Northern KY and thought Huggins was a great coach at UC but he was a jerk and I would not cheer for UC when he was the coach for that reason. I heard from friends who have a daughter at UK and knows the players, that the players do not like BCG. If this is true, look for Meeks and Patterson to leave. Past players continue to come out and say they did not like playing for him, this will not help with getting good players to come to UK.
I would fire him, I've never liked the guy. IMO he has a bad attitude and doesn't really enjoy coaching here. He was overrated before and I knew it. He's not a recruiting guru like everyone said he was either. You can't expect to win when you have a different starting line-up every **** game. I hate him and can't wait until we fire him after this season. Bob Knight has said he is going to comeback to coaching...wouldn't it be great if we got him.
Pages: 1 2