Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Good Bye NCAA Tourney Hopes!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This is my offical good bye to the following; NCAA tourny apperances streak, Coach Clyde aka **** face, PPat, and Mr. 54 pts. The only thing that keeps all of these from happening is a SEC Championship. Otherwise I hope Pat and Jodie transfer or go pro because with Clyde at the helm we have no hope. Also Darius you and Deandre should seriously consider transfering!
Educated Fan Wrote:This is my offical good bye to the following; NCAA tourny apperances streak, Coach Clyde aka **** face, PPat, and Mr. 54 pts. The only thing that keeps all of these from happening is a SEC Championship. Otherwise I hope Pat and Jodie transfer or go pro because with Clyde at the helm we have no hope. Also Darius you and Deandre should seriously consider transfering!

WOW i love the ignorant UK fans that think the sky is falling whenever we lose.Yeah this was a BAD loss but as fans we should stand behind our team through the SEC tournament and not bash them all the time. TERRIBLE POST
Ignorant is not seeing whats in front of you! Thanks to dumb racist fans we're stuck with this piece of **** coach. Atleast we made the tourny with Tubby! Urgh I'm soooo frustrarted! How can you not beat Georgia with the two future 1st round picks like Meeks and Pat? IMO COACHING! and the sky has been falling for along time I've ignored it for to long!
Educated Fan Wrote:Ignorant is not seeing whats in front of you! Thanks to dumb racist fans we're stuck with this piece of **** coach. Atleast we made the tourny with Tubby! Urgh I'm soooo frustrarted! How can you not beat Georgia with the two future 1st round picks like Meeks and Pat? IMO COACHING! and the sky has been falling for along time I've ignored it for to long!

I can understand your frustration about tonight's outcome and the bleak outlook for UK this year, but calling UK fans dumb and racist is ignorance on your part.

UK fans are some of the most knowledgeable (about the game) around.

Tubby was not run out of UK because he was black. He was run out because he wasn't producing.

Yes, Billy G isn't producing either, but he was brought here to recruit first and foremost.
Educated Fan Wrote:Ignorant is not seeing whats in front of you! Thanks to dumb racist fans we're stuck with this piece of **** coach. Atleast we made the tourny with Tubby! Urgh I'm soooo frustrarted! How can you not beat Georgia with the two future 1st round picks like Meeks and Pat? IMO COACHING! and the sky has been falling for along time I've ignored it for to long!

Tubby left because his better days at UK were over he need a new start..and how did North Carolina lose to Boston Collage when the next week they get beat by Harvard..its because they shot the lights out..we had a couple good shots at the end but Coach can magiclly make the ball go in on a three or anyhting else..just suck it up
We are gonna win the SEC Tournament...We are gonna win the SEC Tournament...We are gonna win the SEC Tournament

We are gonna make it
UkFan23 Wrote:We are gonna win the SEC Tournament...We are gonna win the SEC Tournament...We are gonna win the SEC Tournament

We are gonna make it

thats what i like to hear
UK fans aren't racist? Why then did I hear the N word dropped about thirty times a game when I went to UK games Tubby's last year? And Why is it that everytime we walk into Rupp Arena with my black brother in law and my sister that we don't get at least a 100 stares or at least one drunken idiot comment? No we're not racist in Kentucky at all, but thats not the point the point is Clyde Blows, and we need to do what ever it takes to right this sinking ship. There has to be a change somewhere......... One more year Clyde is all you got!
What a NIT it is going to be though..UK/G-Town/Notre Dame...WOW..I AM EXCITED MYSELF, lol.....PATHETIC!
Educated Fan Wrote:UK fans aren't racist? Why then did I hear the N word dropped about thirty times a game when I went to UK games Tubby's last year? And Why is it that everytime we walk into Rupp Arena with my black brother in law and my sister that we don't get at least a 100 stares or at least one drunken idiot comment? No we're not racist in Kentucky at all, but thats not the point the point is Clyde Blows, and we need to do what ever it takes to right this sinking ship. There has to be a change somewhere......... One more year Clyde is all you got!

Your right, some people want to ignore that these things take place, but in reality they do. But as you have stated, the point isn't racism, the point is we have the wrong coach.

With a racist coach the fans can say alot. I was a big UK fan until i meet Tubby. If it was on fire, i wouldn't p!ss on him to put him out.
cj2561 Wrote:With a racist coach the fans can say alot. I was a big UK fan until i meet Tubby. If it was on fire, i wouldn't p!ss on him to put him out.

Wow.
cj2561 Wrote:With a racist coach the fans can say alot. I was a big UK fan until i meet Tubby. If it was on fire, i wouldn't p!ss on him to put him out.

Are you serious? My point proven....... People like you aren't worth getting angry over...... Go to ****.

What the heck?????

I meet Coach Smith multiple times and if he was racist then he sure had me fooled! I loved the guy he was always nice and respectful to me and my family and was the definition of a gentlemen unlike you. My sister watched multiple UK football games with him and Mrs. Smith while he was at UK and she absolutly adored him.....
Educated Fan Wrote:UK fans aren't racist? Why then did I hear the N word dropped about thirty times a game when I went to UK games Tubby's last year? And Why is it that everytime we walk into Rupp Arena with my black brother in law and my sister that we don't get at least a 100 stares or at least one drunken idiot comment? No we're not racist in Kentucky at all, but thats not the point the point is Clyde Blows, and we need to do what ever it takes to right this sinking ship. There has to be a change somewhere......... One more year Clyde is all you got!

I'm in a situation very similar to yours and I do not agree. UK fans are the best in the world, and some are racist like you said (there's a few no matter where you go) but I don't think that the majority are..........In Eastern Ky, probably but state wide I don't think so.
I am overwhelmed by all of this emotion spent on sports. I have, however heard such impassioned arguments between people of differing religious faiths. So most of these posts should tone down and calm down, it seems to me. And, yes. I am a UK fan and it hurt to lose this game, but thank goodness I also have another life that keeps me from going overboard about it.
My opinion on UK basketball and religion:

IF THEY DON'T HAVE UK BASKETBALL IN HEAVEN........ I'M NOT GOING!

lol
Yes We Can!! Yes We Can!!
For one UK will still make the tournament.

Second so called fans like Educated Fan and CJ are the reasons that UK fans have a bad name anyway.

UK is down this year and didn't have high expectations to begin with. The schedule proves it and their lack to talent outside of 2 or 3 players also proves it. A lucky 5-0 start made most UK fans unrealistic in what this team could accomplish and since having fallen back down to earth fans are going crazy calling for heads to roll. Well for one it's not BG's fault that this team has a lack of depth and very little talent. Wait till next year, if Patterson and Jodie stays then we'll be very dangerous. Just have to wait and see though.
Hello NIT
I find it ironic that a thread this ridiculous was started by someone named "Educated Fan". I find it even more ironic that somehow, this loss to Georgia has turned into racism and brother in laws getting stared at in Rupp. Shouldnt this be in another forum?
Educated Fan Wrote:Are you serious? My point proven....... People like you aren't worth getting angry over...... Go to ****.

There has to be a suspension or somethign over this?

This is great fans we got here arguing if the state is racist or not.
Truth is georgia shot the lights out we lost. Saddle up and lets supports our tea theres still a shot.
This thread definitely needs to stay on track, with no profanity and keep race out of it. Talk about if UK goes to the tourney or not or it will be closed.
i have gave BCG the benefeit of the doubt. but please, georgia???????? they had 1 conference win up until kentucky!!! there is no excuse for this loss. at all. its rediculous. you have patrick patterson. jodie meeks, darius miller, and other really good role players. how can you not take this talent and win ball games that you are SUPPOSED to win. this team is easily a 25 wins per season team. but 19-11???? loss to georgia, 4 home losses. no! no excuse at all. you dont see duke,pitt,uconn,memphis,carolina, any of these squads losing like this and at home of all places. because their coaches know what to do and how to use the talent. good god i cant believe this uk squad. it makes me sick.
It hurts to be a UK fan tonight. Too bad I'm not one lol
GrizzlyAdams Wrote:It hurts to be a UK fan tonight. Too bad I'm not one lol

lol good one. we are getting the hurt over with right now. while duke is gonna pro-long it to the first or 2nd round of the NCAA tourney then let there fans down really hard when they lose to mediocre team like michigan. :Thumbs:
Tubby would have won 23-25 games with this team..And I wasn't a Tubby fan...But he was 3 times the coach that Billy G has been!
Kyboy13 Wrote:I'm in a situation very similar to yours and I do not agree. UK fans are the best in the world, and some are racist like you said (there's a few no matter where you go) but I don't think that the majority are..........In Eastern Ky, probably but state wide I don't think so.

Sorry but can not let this one go.Let me tell you something Kyboy eastern ky is just like every where else. To say we are all racist is in itself a racist statement! Now for UK basketball WHY would any coach in America want to coach at UK?These are the some of the WORST fans ever .(some not all) They cry and wine when they lose, want to get rid of the coach,throw in the towel, get rid of the players, the list goes on and on. SUCK IT UP BE A TRUE FAN GET BEHIND YOUR COACH AND YOUR TEAM QUIT CRYING AND LEAVE THE COACHING TO THE MAN THAT GETS PAID TO COACH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (By the way I am not a UK fan! Thank god I would be ashamed to be one!!!!!!)
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Tubby would have won 23-25 games with this team..And I wasn't a Tubby fan...But he was 3 times the coach that Billy G has been!

Very good post. Pitino, Hall, Rupp, they would not have had any success with this group either. Sutton, yeah, he'd a found a way to "buy" something out of this team :biggrin:
Pages: 1 2