Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: UK's Pride
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Where has it went? This team plays with no sense of urgency, no determination. This Georgia game is the nail in the coffin. Whether we win or lose it is def clear that our program has declined and is a shameful shell of what it was less than 10 years ago.
Effort or execution. I just don't see a lack of effort. The Cats are playing hard, but they are playing bad. Georgia is hitting stupid-luck shots. The Cats can't hit anything. I don't think it is an issue of the Cats not playing within the game, I just don't think their game is very good.
I agree. No team is scared to come into Rupp anymore. Everyone comes in and shoots the lights out, except us. There is no more intimidation.
Georgia is shooting 71% from 3 point land. That's insane. You cannot beat a team that shoots that well.
Alomst every three they shot was open. A blind man can hit 30% percent from 3.
BCG wants to play man to man all the time, will not play a zone, His players still cant make switches leaving players wide open all the time everyone shoots lightsout against us even in our house. Good god its the end of the season and some of these players still dont get it. BCG need to suck it up play a zone some, Im tired of losing to mediocre teams. I know we dont have that much talent other than Meeks or Patterson but these are supposed to be division I college players and apparently most of them have a low basketball IQ. Rant off
Amun-Ra Wrote:Where has it went? This team plays with no sense of urgency, no determination. This Georgia game is the nail in the coffin. Whether we win or lose it is def clear that our program has declined and is a shameful shell of what it was less than 10 years ago.

Back in the 90's Duke, NC, UCLA all have bad years. But there fans was behide them no matter what. UK fans when they have a bad year they want to jump ship. They must not be real fans then...
Stardust Wrote:Effort or execution. I just don't see a lack of effort. The Cats are playing hard, but they are playing bad. Georgia is hitting stupid-luck shots. The Cats can't hit anything. I don't think it is an issue of the Cats not playing within the game, I just don't think their game is very good.

Agreed.

Patience is running out, but I still have a little bit left.
Stardust Wrote:Georgia is shooting 71% from 3 point land. That's insane. You cannot beat a team that shoots that well.

check your stats buddy you have said 71 and 75 which is it.... Regardless they shot the lights out tonight and deserved to win though... Of all games I wanted them to win on senior night though.... Well on a positive think LOUISVILLE WON ON SENIOR NIGHT
I love UK basketball, but as the title of this thread reads "Pride". Where has it gone? It seems the players and coaches both don't seem to fully understand what it means to put that uniform on and walk the sidelines during games. I hope they find a way to right the ship. GO BIG BLUE!!!
It left with Chuck Hayes.
If I am not mistaken, didn't Duke go through a similar phase with a year not being in the tournament? I think it was when Coach K was sick.
yeah, they did in the mid 90's.....
they are a few guys on the team that understand the meaning of mens basketball at UK 4 for sure pat patterson, darius miller, jodie meeks, landon slone...no one else has shown that has had enough chances. the guys just seems to be playing b-ball not coming out night after night with intentions of beating their oppisition. each and every team that plays UK is playing against past, present, and future UK teams cause a win for them is like winning NCAA tourney to the small schools. they use our defeat against us in recruiting and everything else. just would like for all of the players take each game as a battle for their pride. do they understand?:ChairHit:
cj2561 Wrote:Back in the 90's Duke, NC, UCLA all have bad years. But there fans was behide them no matter what. UK fans when they have a bad year they want to jump ship. They must not be real fans then...

I dont think anyone is jumping ship. Were just ready for a new captian of our ship is all.
Real Badman Wrote:I dont think anyone is jumping ship. Were just ready for a new captian of our ship is all.

I agree
cougarpride08 Wrote:If I am not mistaken, didn't Duke go through a similar phase with a year not being in the tournament? I think it was when Coach K was sick.

You said it yourself, when Coach K was OUT, but when he came back, everything went right back to normal.
Stardust Wrote:Georgia is shooting 71% from 3 point land. That's insane. You cannot beat a team that shoots that well.

And how does a team shoot 70% from three when UK was playing MAN D. That was horrible to watch.
Real Badman Wrote:I dont think anyone is jumping ship. Were just ready for a new captian of our ship is all.

:Thumbs: