Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Steph Curry or Jodie Meeks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Which one would you rather have on your team???
Please of possible assume meeks plays for someone else besides UK and Pick because I realize he plays for Uk andyou like him but answer the question with your head not your heart... with that said it is fine to prefer meeks over curry just give a reason....
Well, right now..I would choose Curry.

Both are juniors and both are spectacular shooters. I think the experience factor is the difference between these two.

Curry is a 3 year starter and understands the game better than Meeks. This is Jodie's first year as a starter and he still has a bit to learn about the game.

Meeks has great potential and I think the experience he is getting this year is going to help him greatly.
I want to say Meeks but Curry is a much better ball handler and passer. So I would have to say Curry.
to save time here are the averages of the players per game
Jodie Meeks:
Points- 25.1
Rebs-3.6
Assists- 1.7
TO- 2.9
A/T- 1/1.7
Steal- 1.3
Block- 0.1
Fg%-.468
FT%-.893
3pt%-.419

Stephon Curry
Points- 28.5
Rebs-4.5
Assists- 5.8
TO-3.6
A/T- 1.6/1
Steals- 2.6
Block-0.2
FG%-.45
FT%-.873
3 pt%-.39
What kind of question is this.... this has be a no brrainer... Steph Curry leads him in nearly every category possible... I mean curry knows and understands what an ASSISTS is... he also scores more too. So I say Steph Curry:notworthy
well meeks leads the team in points but he also leads the team in turnovers.... believe it or not PORTER doesnt it is MEEKS that leads them in TO's liggins is behind him and porter behind him
Curry
theVILLE Wrote:to save time here are the averages of the players per game
Jodie Meeks:
Points- 25.1
Rebs-3.6
Assists- 1.7
TO- 2.9
A/T- 1/1.7
Steal- 1.3
Block- 0.1
Fg%-.468
FT%-.893
3pt%-.419

Stephon Curry
Points- 28.5
Rebs-4.5
Assists- 5.8
TO-3.6
A/T- 1.6/1
Steals- 2.6
Block-0.2
FG%-.45
FT%-.873
3 pt%-.39

This means nothing. Put Meeks against the same competition level as Curry and Meeks has as good if not better stats. We're taling apples and oranges here. You can't compare stats from a mid-major league to the Best league of ALL TIME! :Thumbs:
Stardust Wrote:This means nothing. Put Meeks against the same competition level as Curry and Meeks has as good if not better stats. We're taling apples and oranges here. You can't compare stats from a mid-major league to the Best league of ALL TIME! :Thumbs:

Allright which one do you pick though.... Curry showed last year in the tourney he could run with the big dawgs didnt he......
BullDogs09 Wrote:well meeks leads the team in points but he also leads the team in turnovers.... believe it or not PORTER doesnt it is MEEKS that leads them in TO's liggins is behind him and porter behind him

curry has more turnovers then meeks but yea i would take curry over meeks, but there isn't a player on mississippi state or louisvllles team who I'd take over meeks.
Stardust Wrote:This means nothing. Put Meeks against the same competition level as Curry and Meeks has as good if not better stats. We're taling apples and oranges here. You can't compare stats from a mid-major league to the Best league of ALL TIME! :Thumbs:

What he said
Look at it this way. Meeks is a shooting guard and Curry is a point guard. Meeks can be more tightly guarded and has no control over the offense, limiting his touches and shots. Curry on the other hand can walk it up and fire up a shot and he can also draw attention to himself getting easy shots for others, that's why he is one of the leaders in assists per game.

Curry proved he can play against anyone last year! As for best league of all time are you talking football ? if so you are right if your talking basketball try the the Big East, or the ACC. I will say Curry. He is better at creating off the dribble.
Curry
TheONLY1 Wrote:curry has more turnovers then meeks but yea i would take curry over meeks, but there isn't a player on mississippi state or louisvllles team who I'd take over meeks.

That was not the question but I would take TWILL over meeks anyday but we have already argued this one out on another thread
Not asking which one has the tougher conference because if that is the case neither are that tough, WHICH WOULD YOU RATHER HAVE.... MEEKS SG CURRY PG...CURRY WAS SG LAST YEAR....DONT TRY TO CHANGE THE QUESTION
I'll take Curry any day of the week, and twice on Sundays....Meeks is pretty much a scorer, and not much else.
BullDogs09 Wrote:What kind of question is this.... this has be a no brrainer... Steph Curry leads him in nearly every category possible... I mean curry knows and understands what an ASSISTS is... he also scores more too. So I say Steph Curry:notworthy

Curry might have better numbers but you also have to look at what conference they play in.
Reading this thread, you'd think the SEC was the best conference in the land....
DeuceUL Wrote:Reading this thread, you'd think the SEC was the best conference in the land....

Yeah, we play D1 basketball over here. I think they were considering moving the Big East into D1 someday. I hate when they do things like that, it just waters everything down!
Stardust Wrote:Yeah, we play D1 basketball over here. I think they were considering moving the Big East into D1 someday. I hate when they do things like that, it just waters everything down!

Yeah, because VMI is D1. :lmao:
Id rather have Meeks this season..
DeuceUL Wrote:Yeah, because VMI is D1. :lmao:

VMI is the best team in the Nation aren't they? They have scored more points than any other college team in the country, so they have to be the best! :biggrin:
DeuceUL Wrote:Reading this thread, you'd think the SEC was the best conference in the land....

You do know like the last 10 years the sec has had a higher percent of teams out of there conference go to the tourny then any other conference. The sec will prolly continue on with that this year. The big east will get what 7 out of like 16 teams, thats not even over 50 percent of there teams.
DeuceUL Wrote:Yeah, because VMI is D1. :lmao:

western kentucky.wooooooooooo
TheONLY1 Wrote:You do know like the last 10 years the sec has had a higher percent of teams out of there conference go to the tourny then any other conference. The sec will prolly continue on with that this year. The big east will get what 7 out of like 16 teams, thats not even over 50 percent of there teams.

How does that make the SEC the best conference in the country this year?.....
TheONLY1 Wrote:western kentucky.wooooooooooo

...Is Division I, and has a higher RPI than UK...
DeuceUL Wrote:...Is Division I, and has a higher RPI than UK...

Like I said, there is UK sitting at the top all by themselves, then in order you have:

WKU
EKU
NKU
Transylvania
Pikeville college/Louisville (could be flip-flopped, both are about the same)

UK has had to let the other teams in the state feel good about themselves before we go back to socking them in the teeth again:Clap:
DeuceUL Wrote:How does that make the SEC the best conference in the country this year?.....

if the sec had half the teams in college basketball in there conference they would be the best too lol
TheONLY1 Wrote:if the sec had half the teams in college basketball in there conference they would be the best too lol

Way to dodge the question... Thanks for playing. :thanks: :Thumbs:
Pages: 1 2