Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: AJ Stewart rejoins the team
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Gillispie: Stewart Quit, But Is Back On Team
[Image: pxl_trans.gif]

UK coach Billy Gillispie said Friday afternoon that A.J. Stewart quit the team after the South Carolina game, but later apologized and is back on the team.
Gillispie said at the beginning of a press conference that Stewart, a 6-foot-7 forward, came to practice Friday and apologized to him and the team, and was welcomed back.
Stewart has been in trouble with Gillispie for a number of things that have never been reported.
Before Gillispie's statement at his Friday press conference, Stewart's mother, Dinah Stewart told LEX 18's Alan Cuter that she called her son after hearing the reports. She told LEX18 Sports that her son told her he didn't quit the team, but was quick to add that she wasn't the right person to ask. Dinah Stewart says she wasn't sure what his status was and that we should talk to Gillispie.

http://www.wlextv.com/global/story.asp?s=9917317

Can anyone say drama? :popcorn:
Good to see Billy G is running a well disciplined, tight ship up in Lexington. :moon:
I'm ashamed to be a UK fan. Billy G has done nothing but ruin our program. He cannot coach, he cannot recruit to save his life, and now obviously he can't control his young men. We need to get a new coach in at UK who will clean house and get the dead weight out of Lexington, then try to rebuild this mess.
Wildcat Blue Wrote:I'm ashamed to be a UK fan. Billy G has done nothing but ruin our program. He cannot coach, he cannot recruit to save his life, and now obviously he can't control his young men. We need to get a new coach in at UK who will clean house and get the dead weight out of Lexington, then try to rebuild this mess.

give the guy a break. Its only his 2nd year there. Its gonna take time considering there is only like 3 great players on the team. Let this year go and if they struggle next season then you can bash him.. HAHA
NYY10 Wrote:give the guy a break. Its only his 2nd year there. Its gonna take time considering there is only like 3 great players on the team. Let this year go and if they struggle next season then you can bash him.. HAHA
Well thanks and no thanks for my time table of when I'm allowed to bash a coach. I think I'm gonna go ahead and bash my little head away. Billy G cannot recruit to save his life. Look at some of the guys he has brought in. When you coach at UK you have no excuse not to get talent. I think UK only has four players to my knowledge that should even be allowed to step foot on UK's court (Meeks, Patterson, Stevenson, and Miller). The others are a joke. Heck to go a step further Billy G has almost as many walk-ons as he does scholarship players. What's that about? I'm just sick and tired of UK getting beat by a SEC that's probably the worst in my life time just because they aren't talented.
:zzz:
Stardust Wrote::zzz:

:Thumbs:
Wildcat Blue Wrote:I'm ashamed to be a UK fan. Billy G has done nothing but ruin our program. He cannot coach, he cannot recruit to save his life, and now obviously he can't control his young men. We need to get a new coach in at UK who will clean house and get the dead weight out of Lexington, then try to rebuild this mess.

I wouldn't say he can't recruit. He is a good recruiter.
First he lets Liggins get away with not going in the game, then Stewart can quit and come back when he wants. Nobody in their right mind can say that is good for this team...
Stardust Wrote::zzz:

:Thumbs: LOL
allseasonfan Wrote:First he lets Liggins get away with not going in the game, then Stewart can quit and come back when he wants. Nobody in their right mind can say that is good for this team...

Oh Cmon, this happens at EVERY school
Stardust Wrote:Oh Cmon, this happens at EVERY school

NO way, brother!!
allseasonfan Wrote:NO way, brother!!

:moon: :Clap:
allseasonfan Wrote:NO way, brother!!
If you're going to talk about things then you had better get your facts straight. What happened 3 years ago with Joe Crawford? If i'm not mistaking he did this exact same thing. But wait, I forgot, this never happens.Confusedhh:
There is no way I would let him back on the team.
[quote=Wildcat Blue]I'm ashamed to be a UK fan[quote]

Well, then Louisville is taking applications....and don't let the door hit ya on the way out of the Big Blue Nation
Wildcat Blue Wrote:Well thanks and no thanks for my time table of when I'm allowed to bash a coach. I think I'm gonna go ahead and bash my little head away. Billy G cannot recruit to save his life. Look at some of the guys he has brought in. When you coach at UK you have no excuse not to get talent. I think UK only has four players to my knowledge that should even be allowed to step foot on UK's court (Meeks, Patterson, Stevenson, and Miller). The others are a joke. Heck to go a step further Billy G has almost as many walk-ons as he does scholarship players. What's that about? I'm just sick and tired of UK getting beat by a SEC that's probably the worst in my life time just because they aren't talented.

Drama....:yawn:
we could of had another schlorship for next year.
RavenBoy Wrote:we could of had another schlorship for next year.

I don't take any of this to mean that he will be back next year. I'm pretty sure the BCG probably convinced Stew to remain on the team so it does not hurt him when he does look to transfer out. See, BCG is a great coach, taking care of his kids, knowing that this would have left a blackeye on Stewart, so he really took care of him. BCG is one of the greatest coaches in UK History. :worthy:
NYY10 Wrote:give the guy a break. Its only his 2nd year there. Its gonna take time considering there is only like 3 great players on the team. Let this year go and if they struggle next season then you can bash him.. HAHA

Since he has been there 6 players have left the team... if he stays UK will not even have a team.... Not that the turnout would be much better...lol... Most coaches, or wait, all coaches on the exception of BG would sit him down for a few games not played him the very next game..... Pitino sat Character out for ever and he is no longe ron the team BG plays them the next game...lol
dblg11 Wrote:If you're going to talk about things then you had better get your facts straight. What happened 3 years ago with Joe Crawford? If i'm not mistaking he did this exact same thing. But wait, I forgot, this never happens.Confusedhh:

AT UK THOUGH
[quote=BelfryPride][quote=Wildcat Blue]I'm ashamed to be a UK fan
Quote:
Well, then Louisville is taking applications....and don't let the door hit ya on the way out of the Big Blue Nation

Sosa will welcome you in to the winning team in kentucky....lol
theVILLE Wrote:AT UK THOUGH
It did happen at UK. What are you talking about? :please:
Stardust Wrote:I don't take any of this to mean that he will be back next year. I'm pretty sure the BCG probably convinced Stew to remain on the team so it does not hurt him when he does look to transfer out. See, BCG is a great coach, taking care of his kids, knowing that this would have left a blackeye on Stewart, so he really took care of him. BCG is one of the greatest coaches in UK History. :worthy:

WOW what have you been smoking..... HE dont care about them he sent 6 player out allready... and cant win a game to save his life and cant recruit, if he could the only two players that is worth anything at all wouldnt be tubby boys... patterson was considering UK highly before BG times..... So who else is any good..... HATE TO SAY IT BUT TUBBY is the second worst coach in UK history, behind BG
Protect_This_House26 Wrote:I wouldn't say he can't recruit. He is a good recruiter.

all right than he cant coach.. If he could recruit than were is the GREAT TEAM and good freshman.. he got the top players but cant coach them is that what you are saying
theVILLE Wrote:[quote=BelfryPride][quote=Wildcat Blue]I'm ashamed to be a UK fan

yeah, **** louisville will take him, louisville will take anybody.. they're pretty desperate :lmao:
theVILLE Wrote:all right than he cant coach.. If he could recruit than were is the GREAT TEAM and good freshman.. he got the top players but cant coach them is that what you are saying

How many titles has pitino won at the ville big man???? NONE he can only win the big games at UK
theVILLE Wrote:[quote=BelfryPride][quote=Wildcat Blue]I'm ashamed to be a UK fan

Well IT can't be louisville cause western kentucky beat them.
Stardust Wrote:I don't take any of this to mean that he will be back next year. I'm pretty sure the BCG probably convinced Stew to remain on the team so it does not hurt him when he does look to transfer out. See, BCG is a great coach, taking care of his kids, knowing that this would have left a blackeye on Stewart, so he really took care of him. BCG is one of the greatest coaches in UK History. :worthy:

Surely you jest!!!!!!!
allseasonfan Wrote:Surely you jest!!!!!!!

Confusedhh: most of them won't get it :eyeroll:
Pages: 1 2