Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: AJ Stewart Leaves Team
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Posted by a good poster over on Cats Pause.

I'm not even going to get into the discussion of this, because my opinions on Billy G have been posted before and many know how I feel.

http://kentucky.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?f...88&style=2

Legion, Jasper, now Stewart
Matt Jones' updates from Kentucky Sports Radio

I have just learned that AJ Stewart is no longer with the UK basketball team. I have been told that he was kicked off the team, although that has not been confirmed. However he is no longer a Wildcat from what I understand.

Working to get official word right now……lots of mixed info going on…..stay tuned

UPDATE: Nothing official yet from UK….should know more within the hour. I am told that his locker has been cleaned out and name tag taken off…..this however has happened once before, so we shall see.

UPDATE 2: Just confirmed that he did not practice with the team today.

UPDATE 3: I am told there was some type of confrontation in the locker room after the game that involved AJ….nothing huge, but an argument of some type. This may or may not have been the impetus for the decision
Who knows who else will leave this off season.
Man this sucks, I always wanted to see Stewart do good in the Blue and white.
Get BCG outta there! I personally have begun to dislike his coaching style, and personality, morals, etc. He can recruit, but how does that help if he can't coach 'em up and make them excel to be better ballplayers...I could rattle on and on...
The real surprise is that A.J. hadn't left already.

I was expecting him to leave this past off-season and was shocked to learn that he stuck it out. He is a good athlete that doesn't seem to have his head in the game on every possession.

I think if he would have worked harder, then he would have received more playing time. He had good potential and still does.

I wish him well on whatever he decides to do.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:The real surprise is that A.J. hadn't left already.

I was expecting him to leave this past off-season and was shocked to learn that he stuck it out. He is a good athlete that doesn't seem to have his head in the game on every possession.

I think if he would have worked harder, then he would have received more playing time. He had good potential and still does.

Excellent points. He was an undersized Power Forward that based on his look, appeared to not put the kind of work in the weight room to build strength or bulk that would have been needed to help the Cats. I was excited to see him have a nice game against Vanderbilt, but I really didn't see much out of him in the other brief appearances that he made for the Cats.

I wish him well and hope he find's his game someplace else.
Another Tubby player so what's it matter, just opens more room up for Billy to get another one for him. Whatever happens in the end I hope AJ does something that makes him happy.
He wouldnt have gotten many minutes next year with Orton and Pilgrim both eligible next year. Wish AJ the best. I wouldnt be surprised if a couple more players left in the offseason.
this could be a addition by subtraction AJ wouldnt play the way billy wanted so im glad to see him go on the radio last night he stated he was sick and tired of not seeing stewart, stevenson, and harrelson help patterson down low and i agree
I personally hope they all leave and leave coach billy with nothing. Ive said it before and I will say it again, he is a joke, period, end of story. It would be great if the players stayed and his sorry butt left.
I dont like billy g either, however Stewart has a huge attitude. When you watch him play he is strutting and acting all cocky like hes lebron or something and hes nothing more than an average role player. I highly doubt they will miss him
Help Patterson, what in the **** could any of them have done to help him. I guess they could have helped to keep him from getting blocked as many times as south carolina did. Patterson isnt all you all make him out to be. There is no way Meeks should have been sitting on the bench as long as he did. But yet Patterson was out there the whole time getting blocked and missing easy shots, but yeah hes the greatest isnt he. Some people are so stupid.
Wish him the best.

This does open up another scholarship for BCG.
Jshort5 Wrote:Get BCG outta there! I personally have begun to dislike his coaching style, and personality, morals, etc. He can recruit, but how does that help if he can't coach 'em up and make them excel to be better ballplayers...I could rattle on and on...

Hes a decent recruiter. But hes not as good as everyone lets on. After you take a look at his recruits, you'll realize he isn't as good as people say. We're still not beating out Duke, UNC, Louisville, & such.

As for Stewart.. I don't have to much to say. Billy G is the captain of this ship, and nothing I'll say will change anything, so I'll just save my breath.
the 1 the only Wrote:this could be a addition by subtraction AJ wouldnt play the way billy wanted so im glad to see him go on the radio last night he stated he was sick and tired of not seeing stewart, stevenson, and harrelson help patterson down low and i agree

:Thumbs:
mrfootball03 Wrote:Hes a decent recruiter. But hes not as good as everyone lets on. After you take a look at his recruits, you'll realize he isn't as good as people say. We're still not beating out Duke, UNC, Louisville, & such.

As for Stewart.. I don't have to much to say. Billy G is the captain of this ship, and nothing I'll say will change anything, so I'll just save my breath.

I made this comment on another thread, but maybe we UK "nuts" have to realize that just because we feel UK Basketball is the greatest show going, maybe the top 10 blue chips do not. No different than Notre Dame football, we expect to get the best player's because of our name, and that is no longer the case. It is so easy to blame a coach for not getting the top player (we all said it about Tubby as well). Maybe UK is not what the top recruits in the country want???
runninrebs21 Wrote:I dont like billy g either, however Stewart has a huge attitude. When you watch him play he is strutting and acting all cocky like hes lebron or something and hes nothing more than an average role player. I highly doubt they will miss him

I think they can replace stewart's numbers, but what they are going to miss is his attitude. He was very close with most of these players and he brought alot of enthusiasm to this team. Seeing him in the locker room and courtside before the game no one matches his enthusiasm or level of intensity. I agree this will allow gillespie to go after another top notch recruit. I just hope this doesn't create turmoil in the locker room or cause other unhappy players to leave at the end of the season. But i challenge you to watch the next game and outside of Patterson(wont be on the bench much) or Galloway see if there is anyone standing on the sideline encouraging their teammates or before the game if their is someone else trying to get everyone pumped up.
Stardust Wrote:I made this comment on another thread, but maybe we UK "nuts" have to realize that just because we feel UK Basketball is the greatest show going, maybe the top 10 blue chips do not. No different than Notre Dame football, we expect to get the best player's because of our name, and that is no longer the case. It is so easy to blame a coach for not getting the top player (we all said it about Tubby as well). Maybe UK is not what the top recruits in the country want???

I agree that UK just doesnt seem as appealing as some of these other school's that get the best recruits based on there game style. But we should get top 10 recruits based on our tradition and the fact that we are UK. Notre Dame does still get top recruits including a #1, top 5, and top 10 recruiting class over the last 3 seasons despite the fact they have been losing.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:The real surprise is that A.J. hadn't left already.

It dont matter if you make one mistake you sit for a decade...Except porter he turns it over everyother time down the floor but yet he plays
goBIGblue82 Wrote:I agree that UK just doesnt seem as appealing as some of these other school's that get the best recruits based on there game style. But we should get top 10 recruits based on our tradition and the fact that we are UK. Notre Dame does still get top recruits including a #1, top 5, and top 10 recruiting class over the last 3 seasons despite the fact they have been losing.

The only thing that I confirmed about #1 recruiting class was #1 class to graduate, not top recruiting class overall. I posted another thread on recruiting classes.
My sources tell me he may be staying afterall. Stay tuned for more!
WLEX just said he quit the team, then apologized, and is now back on the team?
hmmmm.
Shouldn't this thread be closed since he is already back with the team?
Magicjefferson25 Wrote:Shouldn't this thread be closed since he is already back with the team?
What a good idea.