Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Will Kentucky make it to the NCAA this year
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Yes
or
No
Well I certanly hope not. The way this team plays it shouldn't qualify for any post season tournament unless they can win the remainder of their SEC games and go into the semi finals of the SEC tourney. I've listened and watched UK for 50 seasons now and cant remember a team that is as inept as this one. Watching this team is an embarrassment. There is no greater fan of UK than I, but enough is enough.
Hireing Gillispie was probably the biggest mistake UK has made since making Adolph retire. Some of you can blame Tubby all you want, bottom line is there is a coach at UK who dosen't understand how to put a rotation of players together or run anything that resembles an offensive set. You can't run the clock down to 10 seconds and let one player try to score.
I think any team with 10 or more losses on the season should not get a bid,JMO.
After last nite ill have to say no
They will make although I'm not sure they deserve to be in. Thats coming from a kentucky fan.
Yes, bc they are UK.
Our record has improved from last year but most of you fail to notice this and have to find something to be picky about. The team has still come a long way but has a lot farther to come. Some of this talent of Tubby is slowly pushing its way out. Yes we will make the tournament as well.
No bc they are playing awful and Y did Jodie Meeks sit the bench so much?
Of course they will make it. They might be a pretty low seed, but they'll make it.
BlackcatFootball Wrote:Our record has improved from last year but most of you fail to notice this and have to find something to be picky about. The team has still come a long way but has a lot farther to come. Some of this talent of Tubby is slowly pushing its way out. Yes we will make the tournament as well.

I think you probably need to check your facts. Last year's team finished 12-4 in conference play if I'm not mistaken. They are 9-5 now with at least 2 more conferece losses to come. I think that would make last year's team somewhat better.
Warriors23RJ Wrote:They will make although I'm not sure they deserve to be in. Thats coming from a kentucky fan.

They will make it. They will still have 20 plus wins, and as I have said before, 20 win teams in the SEC make the tourney. Not saying they deserve it or not, but they will be in
I hope they make it.
last year we finished what 18-8? with losses to Gardner Webb, Houston, San diego state, Uab... and we still made it.. why not this year? The SEC was a better conference last year, but regardless I think we will make it. We need to win atleast 1 more game or two tho, for me to really feel safe.
15th region slamdunk Wrote:last year we finished what 18-8? with losses to Gardner Webb, Houston, San diego state, Uab... and we still made it.. why not this year? The SEC was a better conference last year, but regardless I think we will make it. We need to win atleast 1 more game or two tho, for me to really feel safe.

Another Great post :notworthy

I love it when intelligently researched answers are posted :Thumbs:

I still believe the magic number is 20. A 20 win SEC team goes to the tourney.
Im beginning to think no..
but..

Man this team is AWESOME! SO Fun! You never know what youre going to get!!!!
I love it.

*dripping in sarcasm*
Kentucky will make it!
They won't make it. It won't be Billy Gillispies fault either. He has no Senior Class and a bunch of lack luster Juniors thanks to Tubby!
I dont think so.
Yes
DevilsWin Wrote:They won't make it. It won't be Billy Gillispies fault either. He has no Senior Class and a bunch of lack luster Juniors thanks to Tubby!

:Thumbs:
kyrifle Wrote:I think you probably need to check your facts. Last year's team finished 12-4 in conference play if I'm not mistaken. They are 9-5 now with at least 2 more conferece losses to come. I think that would make last year's team somewhat better.

Overall record is kind of a factor for getting into the tournament.
Kentucky WILL make the tournament.

I agree with Stardust. 20 win SEC teams make the NCAA tournament. I can't remember the last time one didn't make it.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Kentucky WILL make the tournament.

I agree with Stardust. 20 win SEC teams make the NCAA tournament. I can't remember the last time one didn't make it.

Agreed. I think UK will be a 8 or 9 seed.
No I doubt it they have ost to many games they should have won... and if the team isnt getting better something needs to change.....RECRUITING
^ How much stock do you take in Joe Lunardi? You are already jumping on the Lunardi bandwagon because he put U of L as one of the better teams next year. Well your Lunardi has UK as a 10 seed? So, is Lunardi right about his projections or wong?
Stardust Wrote:^ How much stock do you take in Joe Lunardi? You are already jumping on the Lunardi bandwagon because he put U of L as one of the better teams next year. Well your Lunardi has UK as a 10 seed? So, is Lunardi right about his projections or wong?

You told me to got do reseach so I did.... This was an opinion question... Uk was a 7 seed the other day and if the drop any lower than that they probaly arent going to make it... I am sorry that your team wasnt picked a a top 2 team:lmao:
Yeah, they will. Just because they are UK.
theVILLE Wrote:You told me to got do reseach so I did.... This was an opinion question... Uk was a 7 seed the other day and if the drop any lower than that they probaly arent going to make it... I am sorry that your team wasnt picked a a top 2 team:lmao:

Who's "My Team" Nostradamus?

Pretty observant of you to give your opinion that UK was a #7 and if they drop any lower, then they won't make it. You are pretty observant, I guess if UK drops to a #17, then you will be right again! :zzz:
DevilsWin Wrote:They won't make it. It won't be Billy Gillispies fault either. He has no Senior Class and a bunch of lack luster Juniors thanks to Tubby!

Exactly....:Thumbs:
theVILLE Wrote:You told me to got do reseach so I did.... This was an opinion question... Uk was a 7 seed the other day and if the drop any lower than that they probaly arent going to make it... I am sorry that your team wasnt picked a a top 2 team:lmao:

If you are such a big UL fan why dont you just comment in the UL threads. No one really cares what negative things you have to say about UK. You act like you hate UK, but you comment in every thread about them. And......I know UL beat UK this year, OH LORD. But you can actually have an argument when UL gets 5 more national titles. 2% of people on here UL fans, so you are fighting a loosing battle.
I think we will make it, but they'd best start playing ball. I agree w/ above though, a 20 win season usually ='s a tourney bid. It's not over yet by any means...
Pages: 1 2