Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Memphis Tigers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
of course im a tigers fan, and i think they are a really good team. but id like to know everyone else's thoughts. i know they play in a weak conference but it isnt their fault, but they play a very tough out of conference schedule. playing teams such as, georgetown,tennessee,syracuse,gonzaga,cincinnati,southern cal. not all powerhouses but all tough teams. and they have a very good starting 5 and a few off the bench aren't bad. tyreke evans,robert dozier,antonio anderson,doneal mack,shawn taggart,wesley witherspoon,willie kemp. all great players. and not to mention the #1 high school player in Xavier Henry coming in next year with some other good recruits and only 2 impact seniors leaving they could still be a great team. but with the way college basketball is going these days with anybody beating anybody i just wonder if anyone else thinks they could make a run to the elite 8 or possibly the final 4? i wanna hear some honest thoughts.
They have a good program and imo should be in the Big East. But, playing in that weak conference I dont think they deserve a number one seed.
no they deff. dont deserve a one seed. i dont think they can get one no matter what, 2 at best. because of the conference. but yeah i would much rather see them at the big east. thats the only way to tell if a team is for real is to play against good teams. thats why memphis is a toss up each year they are ranked high and have a good record.
they really dangerous. They are young, but the fact they are in the weak conference will help them peak during tournament time.
Memphis will not be a number one seed but I do see them being a 2 seed.

It's the second year in a row that the Tigers have a freshman leader and I think they may hurt their final four chances because Evans is no Derrick Rose.

Like someone else said, they are a dangerous team and will be a tough out in the NCAA Tourney.
I think they could easily make a run to the elite 8..Not sure about the final four but who knows.
Memphis will not get a #1 seed, but they are a final 4 team.