Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Randy Keeton "Interim" Head Coach at Pikeville College--Rumor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is what I'm hearing after PC fired Don Ashby
Hearing it is being offered to someone else first.
Rumor is Keaton could be offered the job on an interim basis...a full time hire will be forthcoming
Any news reports on the Ashby firing?
Stardust Wrote:Any news reports on the Ashby firing?

Ashby is no longer the coach and Randy Keeton is the man for the rest of this season.
I wish him the best of luck.
Why was Ashby let go?
kdrn Wrote:Why was Ashby let go?
Are any news outlets or anyone reporting on the firing?
At least Coach Keeton will bring some respectability and stability back to the program.
Best of Luck to him!
Couldn't have gotten anyone better. Best of luck to the Bears.
Where do they play baseball, Pikeville Ind?
firechief Wrote:Where do they play baseball, Pikeville Ind?
Are you serious? Try the Pikeville College baseball field..Rolleyes
Afternoon_Delight Wrote:Are you serious? Try the Pikeville College baseball field..Rolleyes

Congrats on a great hire. I think he was referring to the High School (ie Pikeville Independant)field where they have played all there games so far.
Pikeville College usually plays their home games at Pikeville HS until they get back from Spring Break....that's the way they did it when I played anyway.
Can we get this moved to the College forum.
I think its safe to take the "rumor" tag off of this thread. He has practice the team everyday this past week as the head coach, and I am pretty sure has officially been hired. I can't believe there's been no media outlets that have reported on this yet.
Wow, talk about gaining a HUGE ASSET to the program. Best thing that could have happened to that program in gaining Keeton!
WYMT actually ran the story last week, I think they announced it on Thursday.