Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pikeville and University of the Cumberlands fighting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Why can't we all just get along? I know Pikeville was upset and UC was exited but why fight each other?
Did this happen after the game?
And maybe some details.
Yes it was after the game. Talked to one of my buddies who is on special teams for PC and he said Coach Jerry Mynatt of PC got into the face of UC's coach and accused him of paying off the refs and the rest is history. The fight broke out twice, but no serious injuries other than the blow to PC's reputation as being even worse than what it was originally preceived to be. Another fact about this is that after the fight some players threw their equipment, but I don't believe it was Riddell and Douglas' fault. Good luck with the rest of the season PC.
sad...just sad :boo:
PC's rep is steadily declining....
Heard something more to this poor display of sportsmanship. Not only did PC's head coach try to fight, but after it was seperated and Cumberland was holding their team meeting on the field as PC went to the locker room....one of Pikeville's assistants threw a football into the huddle stricking a Patriot player or a coach (source wasn't too descript) in the face.
If any of this is true, it is pathetic.

I have heard some things about Pikeville. I can't believe that a coach would pull stunts like that. Real Classy (if true).
Sad but maybe the other coach needed it but should have taken another route
That's just what my buddy told me who is on the PC football team. I hope it isn't true.
Cumberlands are good and just a notch better than Pileville
No sense in crap like this.
No class
Oh well i'm sure at times we all want to do stuff and there's only so much that you can handle before you end up saying/doing something that you don't really mean and know that you shouldn't do.
I think some are being loose with some of the facts in this one.
BTW...Cumberland's coach was not innocent in this display of classlessness.