Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Possibility of 2 Holdbacks at LC?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Rumors have been circulating that 2 eighth graders are going to stay back in the 8th grade at Lewis County, is there any real truth to that?

If so, who are they?:thanks:
wonderpeople Wrote:Rumors have been circulating that 2 eighth graders are going to stay back in the 8th grade at Lewis County, is there any real truth to that?

Have not heard anything about it, although it would benefit some of them!!!!Confusedhh:
Haven't heard anything, but that doesn't mean it ain't so...............
I heard that Lawrence County is holding back 13 6th graders this year. This info came from parents and coaches from Lawrence Co.

Not a rumor of holding back this time straight from the horses mouth.........
WOW, that's unreal. How and why did this come about??? 13 is a huge number, must be a great bunch of athletes to organize this mass holdback. Best of luck to them, I know our principals and teachers would be having a heart attack right now.
Were so surprised. Come on surely this doesn't surprise you. This is why they have trouble in HS football. You teach a player to play down in MS and when he gets to HS it all catches up. Cause that kid is not used to playing with his peers and struggles. It is easy to dominate in MS when your 15 yr old plays against 13 yr olds.
True!!
pitchfork Wrote:Were so surprised. Come on surely this doesn't surprise you. This is why they have trouble in HS football. You teach a player to play down in MS and when he gets to HS it all catches up. Cause that kid is not used to playing with his peers and struggles. It is easy to dominate in MS when your 15 yr old plays against 13 yr olds.

Most your good programs play mostly 15 and 14 year olds so if a parent holds there kid back they are just putting him on a level playing field. Most of the kids that stay back are usually your best high school players.
ball boy Wrote:Most your good programs play mostly 15 and 14 year olds so if a parent holds there kid back they are just putting him on a level playing field. Most of the kids that stay back are usually your best high school players.

Maybe most of the good programs in a certain area of the state but not in the state as a whole. The reason some programs are good on the MS level is because of this practice. The reason being is they are playing with a majority of older players.
Hold back is a good thing. Last year Bell co. had around 15-17 kids on football team.(so i was told) Most of the kids are held back in the 6th or below. the one thing that they do have them play up. Also know they would play up to high school level if allowed.(8th grade)
wonderpeople Wrote:Rumors have been circulating that 2 eighth graders are going to stay back in the 8th grade at Lewis County, is there any real truth to that?

My contact told me there were up to 8 kids planning on staying back.:yikes:
kybaseball Wrote:My contact told me there were up to 8 kids planning on staying back.:yikes:

Oh yeah, are you sure about that? Who are they, we haven't heard of any holdbacks here.
Maid of the Mts. Wrote:Hold back is a good thing. Last year Bell co. had around 15-17 kids on football team.(so i was told) Most of the kids are held back in the 6th or below. the one thing that they do have them play up. Also know they would play up to high school level if allowed.(8th grade)

And they got all they wanted from some teams that had no athletic holdbacks.
ProudLCParent Wrote:Oh yeah, are you sure about that? Who are they, we haven't heard of any holdbacks here.

No I am not sure I said a contact told me that.:popcorn: :thatsfunn Confusedhh: :Thumbs:
Sorry, Kybaseball, didn't mean any harm. I was just asking.
No harm done ProudLCParent I was just explaining.