Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Wurland, McKell and the rest of the NEKC...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was wondering if anyone knew if Wurtland and McKell are going to merge and remain in the NEKC or if they were both going to be out of the conference individually or in the conference individually???
From what i have heard is that they are joining to make a 7th and an 8th grade teams and will compete as one school team in the conference. The schedules were set 2 weeks ago at the annual meeting and they are ready to go for the 2009 season.
As far as I know right now the NEKC school are:

Greenup
Boyd
Lawrence Co
Verity
West Carter
East Carter
Raceland
Russell

8 teams in the conference, 7 game regular season with 2 GRIDS to start the season. I think BOYD is planning one on the 16th of August, and Verity is planning one the following Saturday at Verity. This will allow for some open dates to pick up other teams to play. The playoffs will be between the highest ranked teams with home field being at the highest 8th grade seed. The winning team this year will be elligible to advance into the state playoff system for a state championship. There will be a ALL-NEKC team at the end of the season announced with Most valuable offensive player and most valuable defensive player of the year award.

These kids will be annouced at the championship game at the end of the season.

I still think that it would be nice to have a joint NEKC dinner with teams from the league joining a combined banquet. Maybe at the SHRINERS building, to hold everyone. It would just be nice to have a big banquet for the NEKC.......

This is what I know right now. More info to follow....
GC combining is not final yet. It will be voted on at the board meeting next month, but it looks like it will be approved.
March something I heard is the board meeting and we will know from there.... But i feel that if they get the teams toether and play... they will be a force to deal with..
Does anybody have any schedule?
Heard that it will be one team competing for Greenup..