Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Projected All-Americans
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Who do you think will be on the first-team All-American list at the end of the season?

Right now I would say..

C - Hasheem Thabeet (Connecticut) (Junior)
F - Blake Griffin (Oklahoma) (Sophomore)
F - Tyler Hansbrough (North Carolina) (Senior)
G - Jodie Meeks (Kentucky) (Junior)
G - Stephen Curry (Davidson) (Junior)
I don't think Thabeet and Curry will be on there..i would say I don't think Meeks would either but my head would probably get bitten off by all these die hard cats fans on here..lol
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Who do you think will be on the first-team All-American list at the end of the season?

Right now I would say..

Imo Curry is not a true pg. I'd put him at the 2(take Meeks out) and put Johnny Flynn at the 1. I agree with everything else.
Aslan Wrote:Imo Curry is not a true pg. I'd put him at the 2(take Meeks out) and put Johnny Flynn at the 1. I agree with everything else.

For all american consideration the will choose one true center, two forwards and two guards. For the forward and guard positions, they do not take into consideration whether they are a 3 or 4, 1 or 2. So, the above works from teh voting standpoint.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Who do you think will be on the first-team All-American list at the end of the season?

Right now I would say..

Now you know you just started a fire with "you-know-who" by leaving of any Lousiville Players :Clap:

I think the list looks good. This is what the Preseason All American list looked like for comparison to now:

C - Tyler Hansbrough - North Carolina
F - Luke Harangody - Notre Dame
F - Blake Griffin - Oklamhoma
G - Stephen Curry - Davidson
G - Darren Collison - UCLA

Not sure how much West Coast sports you get, but we receive Fox Sports North as part of our regular cable package, so I have seen a lot of UCLA. Collison is the real deal. I think there has to be a West Coast guy on the list, and he may well be the guy, especially if Curry has trouble the rest of the year.
Stardust Wrote:For all american consideration the will choose one true center, two forwards and two guards. For the forward and guard positions, they do not take into consideration whether they are a 3 or 4, 1 or 2. So, the above works from teh voting standpoint.

I knew that. I just wanted to argue Big Grin
Aslan Wrote:Imo Curry is not a true pg. I'd put him at the 2(take Meeks out) and put Johnny Flynn at the 1. I agree with everything else.

I can agree with that.
Aslan Wrote:I knew that. I just wanted to argue Big Grin

:argue: + :yesno: = :High5:

:Thumbs:
I dont see how you all put Collison at the PG...Ty Lawson is the best PG in the nation and i would maybe consider putting Calathes as the PG
Stardust Wrote:Now you know you just started a fire with "you-know-who" by leaving of any Lousiville Players :Clap:

I think the list looks good. This is what the Preseason All American list looked like for comparison to now:

C - Tyler Hansbrough - North Carolina
F - Luke Harangody - Notre Dame
F - Blake Griffin - Oklamhoma
G - Stephen Curry - Davidson
G - Darren Collison - UCLA

Not sure how much West Coast sports you get, but we receive Fox Sports North as part of our regular cable package, so I have seen a lot of UCLA. Collison is the real deal. I think there has to be a West Coast guy on the list, and he may well be the guy, especially if Curry has trouble the rest of the year.

I can agree with that.
UkFan23 Wrote:I dont see how you all put Collison at the PG...Ty Lawson is the best PG in the nation and i would maybe consider putting Calathes as the PG

It's not us that put Collison there, this was the Pre-season All-American's, not our list, the medias.
Guys after the thrashing of Thabeet, and his big numbers he's put up all year, Dejuan Blair of Pitt is a first team All-American. I also think Jodie Meeks deserves a spot, he's been lighting teams up.
1st Team
C- DeJaun Blair (PITT)
PF- Tyler Hansbrough (UNC)
SF- Blake Griffin (OU)
SG- Stephen Curry (DAV)
PG- Jerel McNeal (MARQ)

2nd Team
C- Hasheem Thabeet (UCONN)
PF- Luke Harangody (ND)
SF- James Harden (ASU)
SG- Jodie Meeks (UK)
PG- Jeff Teague (WAKE)
Pupaw Wrote:1st Team
C- DeJaun Blair (PITT)
SF- Blake Griffin (OU)
SG- Stephen Curry (DAV)
PG- Jerel McNeal (MARQ)

2nd Team
PF- Luke Harangody (ND)
SF- James Harden (ASU)
SG- Jodie Meeks (UK)
PG- Jeff Teague (WAKE)

Not a bad list at all :Thumbs:
Tyler Hansbough (UNC)
Blake Griffin (Oklahoma)
Luke Harangody (Notre Dame)
Stephon Curry (Davidson)
Collins (Kansas) Not sure of first name

2nd team
Dejan Blair (pitt)
Greg Monroe (gtown)
Terrence Williams ( theVILLE )
Jodie Meeks ( UK )
Ty Lawson (UNC)
I don't understand the love fest for Johnny Flynn, I honestly don't.
^ He is a solid player and a great point guard, but I don't think he is All-American worthy.
Pupaw Wrote:1st Team
C- DeJaun Blair (PITT)
SF- Blake Griffin (OU)
SG- Stephen Curry (DAV)
PG- Jerel McNeal (MARQ)

2nd Team
PF- Luke Harangody (ND)
SF- James Harden (ASU)
SG- Jodie Meeks (UK)
PG- Jeff Teague (WAKE)
:Thumbs:
BaseballIsLife Wrote:I don't understand the love fest for Johnny Flynn, I honestly don't.

He does not put up numbers, but he is a very head-smart player. I like his court presence. Is he 1st or 2nd team, IDK about that, but as a Cousy finalist during his sophomore year, that's pretty impressive.
C-blair
F-griffin
F-hansborough -dont think he deserves it actually
G-meeks
G-lawson
Thabeet- UCONN
Griffin- Oklahoma
Williams- Louisville
CURRY- DAVIDSON POY
Lawson- UNC
ttt
C-DeJaun Blair(Pittsburgh)
F-Tyler Hansbrough(North Carolina)
F-Blake Griffen(Oklahoma)
G-Stephan Curry(Davidson)
G-Collins(Kansas)
MisterPerfect Wrote:C-DeJaun Blair(Pittsburgh)
F-Tyler Hansbrough(North Carolina)
F-Blake Griffen(Oklahoma)
G-Stephan Curry(Davidson)
G-Collins(Kansas)

These 5 are looking very good right now.:Thumbs:
the_VILLE Wrote:Thabeet- UCONN
Griffin- Oklahoma
Williams- Louisville
CURRY- DAVIDSON POY
Lawson- UNC

I like this list but williams will not be on there at tis point in the season... I like
Thabeet
Hansbrough
Griffin
Curry
Collins (kansas)

However if I had a team I wold want TWILL on my team but the media likes him just not that good.....I know I didnt put meeks on there dont bite my head off because he doesnt deserve it I dont think.... i can think of about 6 guards I would take over him
theVILLE Wrote:I like this list but williams will not be on there at tis point in the season... I like
Thabeet
Hansbrough
Griffin
Curry
Collins (kansas)

However if I had a team I wold want TWILL on my team but the media likes him just not that good.....I know I didnt put meeks on there dont bite my head off because he doesnt deserve it I dont think.... i can think of about 6 guards I would take over him

I don't know about 6 guards I would take over Meeks. But, I do agree that Meeks doesn't deserve a 1st-team All-American bid right now. Maybe a second-team at best.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:I don't know about 6 guards I would take over Meeks. But, I do agree that Meeks doesn't deserve a 1st-team All-American bid right now. Maybe a second-team at best.

Maybe second team... Dont get me wrong his points average is great but you look at every thing else and averages no more than 2 a game....
I would take lawson, Collins(Kansas), Collison(UCLA), Curry( Davidson), Abrams(Texas).....over meeks. dont take my head but I would...
BullDogs09 Wrote:Maybe second team... Dont get me wrong his points average is great but you look at every thing else and averages no more than 2 a game....
I would take lawson, Collins(Kansas), Collison(UCLA), Curry( Davidson), Abrams(Texas).....over meeks. dont take my head but I would...

It doesn't matter what you think when the all-americans are chose meeks will be on there ahead of all of those players and he will be one of the finalist for the naismith award.
Hasheem Thabeet
Tyler Hansborough
Blake Griffin
James Harden
Stephon Curry
BullDogs09 Wrote:Maybe second team... Dont get me wrong his points average is great but you look at every thing else and averages no more than 2 a game....

Those and Downey and maybe McClinton was going to be mine I dont know about abrams he has his games though
Pages: 1 2