Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kentucky Likely Playing @ Paul Brown Stadium Opening Weekend
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Kentucky's football team will more than likely be playing it's first game of the season this fall at Paul Brown Stadium in Cincinnati, Ohio against Miami (OH).

Thoughts?
I would reather see them playing at Commwealth but I guess Paul Brown would be alright if they can fill the seats.
This game should be ugly being Miami will stink again.
I like the idea of branching and giving these kids the experience of walking through a Pro teams locker room (even though it is the Bengals). I think it will be a big event.
The kids will love playing at PBS.
That's really cool. It should be quite an experience for all the players to get to play in a stadium like Paul Brown.
Would be great to see UK play at paul brown stadium.
This is an interesting move. Both stadiums seat about the same number of fans so I don't see attendance being that much different (might actually have more at PBS due to the northern KY fans making the shorter trip). But then again, you will probably see a decrease in students attending the game (considering it is Miami of all schools).

Just wonder how this will affect season ticket holders. I would guess they would still get seats that are in the same general area as they have in Commonwealth. Does anyone know how this is handled for basketball games in Freedom Hall?

If they are going to make this a tradition I would like to see them play against the same team there every year -- Louisville, Indiana, or someone of the like (Think Florida/Georgia)
Beef Wrote:This is an interesting move. Both stadiums seat about the same number of fans so I don't see attendance being that much different (might actually have more at PBS due to the northern KY fans making the shorter trip). But then again, you will probably see a decrease in students attending the game (considering it is Miami of all schools).

Just wonder how this will affect season ticket holders. I would guess they would still get seats that are in the same general area as they have in Commonwealth. Does anyone know how this is handled for basketball games in Freedom Hall?

If they are going to make this a tradition I would like to see them play against the same team there every year -- Louisville, Indiana, or someone of the like (Think Florida/Georgia)

It had been tradition for the Basketball team to play at US Bank (formerly Riverfront Coliseum) annually. It was always considered a neutral court, whoever I alwasy remember the opposiing school (Ohio University) complaining that they couldn't get a ticket. It was always 95% UK fans.

I know that US Bank would put up more than enough to offset the ticket difference that UK could have got if they would have played at home, and it will be the same with PBS. I think the Cats are mking the right choice to make this against a team that they can feel comfortable with a win. I wanted to see this as a UC/UK game, but the Cats would not entertain that. They wanted a non BCS team for the game at PBS, and Miami fit the bill. Ball State would have been another consideration, but Miami was the right deal.
I like to move a lot because UK doesn't recruit the Cincinnati area very much and they are full of D-1 talent.

Hopefully more recruits in that area will take more of a look south instead of north.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I like to move a lot because UK doesn't recruit the Cincinnati area very much and they are full of D-1 talent.

Hopefully more recruits in that area will take more of a look south instead of north.

Amen to that. The SEC has never focussed on the Cincinnati kids, yet they dominate the Big 10, Big East and ACC recruiting lists. If you have not had the privelage to see the Cincinnati schools play, it is a different game. We have Trinity and St. X. Cincinnati alone has 15+ schools of that caliber. There are so many D1 players in that area, I would have to believe UK is leaving a lot on the table. Actually, UC is just now beginning to get recruits from the Cincinnati schools.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I like to move a lot because UK doesn't recruit the Cincinnati area very much and they are full of D-1 talent.

:thumpsup:
It is nice to see them play at a pro stadium, Kentucky will win another opener.
Definitely will be fun for the guys.
Had heard about this being a possiblity, very excited about seeing the cats in PBS
Why aren't they going to play at Commenwealth?
I think it's a great idea! We definitely need to reach out to some of that Ohio talent so they can get some exposure to SEC football and think about Kentucky. It'll be good for the Northern Ky UK alum. I am planning on making the trip to see this one.
I'm sure that if there were any potential recruits there, they will be amazed when the Big Blue Nation turns it into Lexington North!

Go Big Blue!
I think this is a great idea.
I Like It Go Cat's