Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Which College Player had the best Performance Saturday
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
From an ESPN Poll.
I think Blake Griffin did..The man is a BEAST!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:I think Blake Griffin did..The man is a BEAST!

i think so to
Yeah I agree with you Griffin had a big game and Thabeet did to
griffin no doubt at all!!!!!!!!!!
I think that all 3 had great performances but I would have to go with Griffin.
Griffin, Thabeet not far behind, Meeks not far behind him.
Meeks had the best game IMO on saturday.
If meeks had 9 pts and 2 rebounds people would have still voted for him on here..lol
Blake Griffin.
I have to go with B.G. then Meeks.
Griffin, but to look at Thabeets #'s, we have not had many players in college basketball history who can be close to triple doubles nearly very night, and one of the categories is blocked shots...
Griffin.
All 3 had monster performances.

I would rank them like this..

1. Blake Griffin
2. Hasheem Thabeet
3. Jodie Meeks
king360 Wrote:If meeks had 9 pts and 2 rebounds people would have still voted for him on here..lol

lol sad but very true
king360 Wrote:If meeks had 9 pts and 2 rebounds people would have still voted for him on here..lol

runninrebs21 Wrote:lol sad but very true

Yep, you gus are right.:biggrin:

:lmao: :Thumbs:
Tough choice. They all had amazing games... but if I had to pick, I would say Griffin.
Being a UK fan, I want to say Meeks but Griffin had a great game though.
The BEST performance goes to Blake Griffin. 40+ points and 20+ rebounds? That's insane. He's had what, like nearly 20 double doubles this year? The man is a beast and may very well have locked up Player of the Year honors.

Jodie Meeks had the most important performance. Without Meeks stepping up like he did in Patterson's absence, they don't win that game at all.
StrikeoutKing Wrote:The BEST performance goes to Blake Griffin. 40+ points and 20+ rebounds? That's insane. He's had what, like nearly 20 double doubles this year? The man is a beast and may very well have locked up Player of the Year honors.

Jodie Meeks had the most important performance. Without Meeks stepping up like he did in Patterson's absence, they don't win that game at all.

Best post I have seen all weekend from the Arkansas game :1:
Stardust Wrote:Best post I have seen all weekend from the Arkansas game :1:
It's the truth. :biggrin:
If you asked John Pelphrey how he felt about losing Fortson, but UK losing Patterson, I bet he would like that scenario. Heck, I would like my chances too. But even when the opposing team knows Meeks is the main guy, they can't stop him. Bruce Pearl tried 6 different defenders on him in Knoxville....SIX!!!! The guy is incredible! There's not much else you can say! :Thumbs:
StrikeoutKing Wrote:It's the truth. :biggrin:
If you asked John Pelphrey how he felt about losing Fortson, but UK losing Patterson, I bet he would like that scenario. Heck, I would like my chances too. But even when the opposing team knows Meeks is the main guy, they can't stop him. Bruce Pearl tried 6 different defenders on him in Knoxville....SIX!!!! The guy is incredible! There's not much else you can say! :Thumbs:

Well I agree with you believe it or not.... Fortson was well misses in the arkansas game... The kid is an amazing freshman... and hopefully a great future.... He can get to the goal and score at will... He also helps the whole entire team by getting them open.... But PP was not misses as much as far as been needed though... However he probaly would had a big rebounding game... I think both were missed but as being need out there Fortson was needed worse... I am glad PP didnt try to play though he probably would hurt himself worse..... I also agree meeks is incredible and he stepped it up when he had too... I mean no player is going to score 45 points a game but he did it when he had too
theVILLE Wrote:Well I agree with you believe it or not.... Fortson was well misses in the arkansas game... The kid is an amazing freshman... and hopefully a great future.... He can get to the goal and score at will... He also helps the whole entire team by getting them open.... But PP was not misses as much as far as been needed though... However he probaly would had a big rebounding game... I think both were missed but as being need out there Fortson was needed worse... I am glad PP didnt try to play though he probably would hurt himself worse..... I also agree meeks is incredible and he stepped it up when he had too... I mean no player is going to score 45 points a game but he did it when he had too
I think I'll believe it. I'm right 99% of the time. haha I'm kidding of course.

I really enjoy watching Fortson play. I've watched Arkansas play a number of times this season and when I found out he wasn't going to play, I was relieved somewhat, even without Patterson in the lineup. He is such a playmaker. He's an exciting player to watch. With him and Rotnei Clarke and Washington, Pelphrey has some nice talent to build around.