Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Will Jodie Meeks leave UK after this year?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
He's nationally known this year. It would make sense for him to go ahead to the NBA.
He will ride the pine in the NBA..hes good but those guys up there are the real deal..meeks will be someones you know what..lol
Deathstar 80 Wrote:He's nationally known this year. It would make sense for him to go ahead to the NBA.

ehh, these threads are pointless, we dont know what Meeks is thinking. But your right, he has gotten much national attention this year, so going to the NBA might make sence to em...But unless my family was in need of money, I wouldnt go to the NBA if I was Jodie. He has had an amazing year this year, just think of what he could do next year.
He is the best player in college basketball....he can change a game at any time so yes he will go to the draft this year
No he will stay bc he is smart and he knows that he needs 2 stay 1 more year and get stronger and faster even though he is pretty strong and real fast but not quite good enough for the NBA...He will stay and also Patterson will
i agree patterson will because nobody will want him but when meeks sees those $$ he is gone
Owls Nest Wrote:He is the best player in college basketball....he can change a game at any time so yes he will go to the draft this year

Wow he is good but not that good he is no stephon curry or blake griffin I would take Downey over him
Meeks isn't going anywhere...I think he as well as Patterson both realize they are still a very young team...

I think they both have a desire for NCAA greatness and National Championship.
UK could have the possibility for greatness next year if they stay, and they know it.
Meeks Freshman and Soph. year injuries will hurt him with going into the NBA. Scouts look at stuff like that.
IMO he will stay. I think Jodie is a very intelligent kid and can tell the holes in his game. These would be exposed instantly in the NBA and he would not have as good of a start to his career. I think staying next year allows coach to develop him even more (take Law when he was at A & M). Meeks will be THE national talk next year in regards to draft stock and so will Patterson. Both of them are smart and I believe they know that one more year would be much more good than a quick jump right now.
theVILLE Wrote:Wow he is good but not that good he is no stephon curry or blake griffin I would take Downey over him

:confused: What do you get out of constantly deriding UK basketball?
he should stay. one year would make a huge difference in whether he goes in the first round or later . the kid is a player but one year can make him a great player.
Stardust Wrote::confused: What do you get out of constantly deriding UK basketball?

Jodie Meeks is not the best player in the country... Not even Top 5.
king360 Wrote:He will ride the pine in the NBA..hes good but those guys up there are the real deal..meeks will be someones you know what..lol

Gilbert Arenas.. not nearly the player Meeks is during his time at Arizona,,, now one of the most dominating scorers in the NBA.
Not sure what he'll do but he's no where near ready for the league. Those defenders would eat him alive. He needs to improve his ball handling and improve his decision making.
I belive if Meeks and Patterson are smart they will stay because they will only get better with another year in college.
He'll stay, because he won't be a good Pro...
He's not rated high by any pro scout, but this year is his best chance to go pro, I will say that.
DeuceUL Wrote:He'll stay, because he won't be a good Pro...

I disagree, what is your reasoning?

He obviously can shoot that basketball, but he can shoot in a variety of ways. He can shoot from a set position, and does extremely well off of screens. He can create his own shot from the dribble, and has the pullup J perfected. He finishes strong, and is an exc excellent FT shooter.

He is not the best dribbler, and he does not see the floor well at this time, but I remember they said the same thing about Gilbert Arenas, an all-star, and more recently they said the exact same thing about OJ Mayo.

As for defense, he has the size, both height and physical strength to match-up to NBA players. He is a lot faster than many people think, and rarely gets beat down the floor. The one thing that he will have to improve upon is his help Defense, which many don't realize is the most important ability for defenders in the NBA, but Jodie has the traits to be taught this.

He has too much upside to not be an NBA player. How good, only time will tell, but think he can be a 15-20 minute guy, who will average 8-10 points. If he finds an improvement in Defense, I think he can be a good Pro. Not sure of your definition of a good Pro, he will not be a NBA superstar, but can he have a career as good as Bogans, yes. Bogans is considered a Good Pro.
DeuceUL Wrote:Jodie Meeks is not the best player in the country... Not even Top 5.

I think he is top 5
He'd be stupid to be Jasper Jr. and go back to Jr. College 8 states away and not even get to start.
If...Then Wrote:He'd be stupid to be Jasper Jr. and go back to Jr. College 8 states away and not even get to start.

Hunh? What does this mean?
theVILLE Wrote:Wow he is good but not that good he is no stephon curry or blake griffin I would take Downey over him

what you would take downey over him dude i swear if you wasn't such a uk hater you might be smart sometimes:please:
beasy_bo Wrote:what you would take downey over him dude i swear if you wasn't such a uk hater you might be smart sometimes:please:

LOL :Thumbs:
IMHO, neither Patrick Patterson nor Jodie Meeks will leave, and here's why:

Patterson has not had a season in his first two where he has been 100% healthy. He missed the last half of last season, and he's been nagged all season by one injury or another this season. So if you ask me, he stays.

Meeks had a solid freshman campaign. Last season, he only played in eight games. He's having a season right now that NO ONE could have seen coming. People associated with college basketball and UK alike are saying they have not seen this type of performance on a game-by-game basis in a long time. Now, the question is: Is this a one year fluke? He's having an unbelievable year without a doubt, but is it for real? (I'm saying yes, he's THAT good). But what I think Meeks should do, is return next season for a senior campaign and show the nation that not only is he for real, but his team is for real. WHEN he and Patterson both return to Lexington, this UK team will be dangerous!